Nashville Renewed Season 6 CMT

Nashville Renewed for Season 6 at CMT

Rayna Jaymes must be smiling down on her former CMT series, because Nashville will be back for a sixth season, CMT announced Tuesday.

Season 6 of the country-music drama will consist of 16 episodes, premiering in early 2018.

Nashville made its official CMT debut in January to a total audience of 1.2 million, before floating down toward the 800,000-viewer range. But since Rayna’s death, the same-day audience has ticked up, settling back in around a million weekly viewers.

CMT also revealed that the drama’s midseason premiere, which will pick up a few months after Rayna’s death, will air on Thursday, June 1 at 9/8c. (Press PLAY below for a juicy preview of what’s ahead.)

Are you saying, “Yeehaw!” to another season of Nashville? Sound off in the comments!

1. Suso says:

This is so surprising. Doesn’t it get like 0.2 and 0.1 ratings? And considering all the expensive talent behind it, the show has to be hugely expensive.

Also, I stopped watching when they killed Rayna so I’m biased.

2. Nathan says:

Yay. And no I’m NOT going to stop watching just because they killed Rayna. Get over it

• Normandy says:

There could be a TV show called Someone Dies Every Week and there would be a bunch of fragile snowflakes freaking out about how the show kills a character off each episode and threatening to never watch again.

3. steven says:

Don’t put dirt on this show’s grave just yet.

4. Bobbi Potter says:

I am thrilled it is coming back! Cannot wait to see where they go after Rayna! This is fantastic.

5. fernando933 says:

I’m glad they got renew but sadly without Rayna I just can’t watch the show anymore. I always have stuck with the show when a lead have left like OTH and The OC but Rayna was always the reason I was invested in the show but I wish the show well and many more seasons seasons to come

• Mary says:

You know sometimes the best stories and acting comes out when a main character is killed off. I think Grey’s was that way and I hope it happens here. I love Rayna but she wasn’t the reason I watched, it was the music and honestly she was not the main draw for me in that department.

6. I am behind by a few episodes and have already been spoiled on what has happened, but will catch up before the second half of the fifth season. For me it isn’t just about Rayna’s death that made me tune out for a bit. It is what they have done to some characters and story lines (ie. Scarlett & Gunnar) and all the drama that keeps happening, which they said would calm down a bit and the show would get back to music. Hopefully that happens pretty soon and will make fans want to continue to watch into a sixth season.

7. Meghan says:

Very excited that they renewed the show. I’ve loved the music this season and the storylines and acting have been wonderful

8. Dev says:

Meh. I’ve been on the fence for awhile due to the over the top soapy drama that it’s become, and Connie’s exit definitely pushed me closer to being over it. I’ll probably watch the first couple eps when it returns in the hopes that they tone it down because I do love the music, but if not I’m out.

9. lastfrontier84 says:

Why not a happy photo of the cast? They look upset. It’s also not the core cast in the pic.

10. Jared says:

Nashville doesn’t get a huge audience on CMT but having the show has let them launch their own original series to pretty good ratings. Seems like a win win to me.

• Boiler says:

Real question, what are Nashville’s viewer numbers on CMT and is there any idea of those, like me, who watch only on HULU as CMT is a ridiculous extra cost on my cable package.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Linear viewership is denoted in story above.

• MMD says:

I would love to know how it is doing in the ratings in Canada where it is not on CMT but on W Channel (which also airs The Good Fight)

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

You will need to reach out to a Canadian TV website. We have no access to such info, due to the laws of the metric system.

11. ella jasper says:

The two episodes since Rayna’s death have been great! Give it a chance!

• Ray says:

Very true statement. They just need to find another heavy weight like Connie Britton to fill the inevitable void of Rayna James.

12. Kimberly A Stare says:

I am fan. Was not sure how taking Rayna out of the series would play out but so far I think it is all going to be fine. I think the supporting cast is loaded with talent and now the focus will shift to them and actually create more story lines. I will hang in there as long as they do.

13. Carla Krae says:

Has to be Gunnar’s. The other guy was too new for Scarlett to know she needed the test.

14. Gerda Soria says:

Love the show Nashville. I am so glad it has been renewed looking forward to seeing it next year.

15. drhenning says:

I hope this means we will get more Sun Records.. That is a terrific show about those early days with Elvis, Johnny, Jerry Lee, and others.. But also happy for more Nashville next year..

16. MMD says:

I’m so glad Nashville got renewed. I haven’t watched an episode this season waiting to hear just in case it didn’t get picked up. I have great confidence in the new show runners and their storytelling methods. They just need some time to totally revert it to their show.

17. Patty Ann Hull says:

So happy for this very talented cast and crew that a season 6 will be in the works. To all you people who will not be watching the show because Connie left the show remember she wanted to persue other roles. Yes I will miss the chemistry between Chip and Connie but I am a diehard Nashie and can not give up on this show. All you haters just give it a chance. Looking forwards to June 1st.

18. I LOVE this show! It’s never been about just one character for me!! I am thrilled with where they are going with this show!! June can’t get here fast enough!

19. hiway280z says:

good show and love the real country music.