Killjoys, Dark Matter, Sharknado 5 and Others Get Syfy Premiere Dates

Syfy’s Killjoys will launch their next mission on Friday, June 30 at 8/7, as part of the cabler’s robust summer slate.

Sister series Dark Matter will kick off its own Season 3 weeks earlier, on Friday, June 9, with back-to-back episodes starting at 8pm, before moving to its regular 9 o’clock slot.

Syfy also announced that Sharknado 5, which finds Ian Ziering and Tara Reid braving “a global shark takeover,” will be unleashed on Sunday, Aug. 6 at 8 pm, while Blood Drive, a new grindhouse-style series in which Alan Ritchson (Smallville) and Christina Ochoa (Animal Kingdom) partake in a cross-country death race in cars fueled by blood, pulls away on Wednesday, June 14 at 10 pm.

On the reality-TV front, Face Off Season 12 premieres Tuesday, June 13 at 9 pm.

As previously announced, 12 Monkeys‘ entire Season 3 will be burned through across three consecutive nights, starting Friday, May 19, while Wynonna Earp Season 2 arrives Friday June 9 at 10 pm.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. kate says:

I think I have almost decided to treat 12 Monkeys like its being released day by day at least. There is usually some down time to think after each episode.

I sort of think I have to rewatch Season 2 of Dark Matter, I don’t really super remember where everyone was like I did between 1 and 2. I know I spent most of the season kind of disappointed that One was actually not with us anymore which was also odd because the actor wasn’t super great in the One role (he was better playing Jace).

I just have to watch the last two Killjoys, because I think I remember everything there (I spent both seasons first season liking DM more than KJ then second season I liked KJ more than DM and I went and discovered Wynonna Earp last weekend and I got a big kick out of that one).

• Really!? says:

I’m with you on Dark Matter. One not being there made the whole group odd/off. I do not like most of the new members and wish they would go away and One would come back. I still keep wondering if One is really dead or is he really working behind the scenes trying to figure out what is Really going on.

2. Haz says:

I wonder if Paranormal Witness is coming back? I’m almost certain the stories are fake but I have to admit it does provide a few jumps and is quite creepy.

3. Brian says:

Glad to see Face Off didn’t permanently switch to 1 season a year.

4. J.B. says:

Any idea if SyFy is going to renew “The Magicians” for a 3rd season or did I miss an announcement either way?

5. Joey Padron says:

Excited for Killjoys’ new season! Happy the premiere date for season 3 have been finally announced!

6. Bill says:

Sharknado was a fun premise the first two, now it’s just sad

• Becca says:

I think the writers are out of ideas. It certainly feels like they are grasping at straws. Especially the last two.

7. T.W.S.S. says:

I really enjoy Killjoys and Dark Matter; they’ve been staples in my summer TV schedule for the last two years. But I wouldn’t mind it if both ended after their third seasons.

8. MOjo says:

Yes!!! Dark Matter is my fav!! Please do more recaps and cast updates this year!!

9. opus says:

Was Dark Matter renewed for more shows than Killjoys? The timing makes me wonder. I’ve never been able to get into Dark Matter (and have tried) but love Killjoys so I’d rather it had more episodes!

10. Billy meacham says:

Can’t wait for killjoys, dark matter, wynonna earp and 12 monkeys to come back on. Hope syfy renews the magicians for season 3.

11. Erica says:

I’m ready for more Dark Matter and Killjoys!

12. lrdslvrhnd says:

I don’t care about Sharknado, but I still really like my proposed name for this one… “Sharknado: Five For Biting”

13. PatriciaLee says:

Wow! I completely forgot about Killjoys and Dark Matter. There is some blue sky, ahead.

14. JeffO says:

Love both Killjoys and Dark Matter…

15. Joan Whittingham from Canada says:

I would like to know why would you bring back that so far fitch s how Sharknaro I loved the flash show kept you on your toes