Dreams do come true: USA Network has renewed the thriller Falling Water — which explores the power of dreams — for Season 2.
Additionally, Rémi Aubuchon (Falling Skies) has joined the series as showrunner for the new season, which follows three unrelated people who discover they can manipulate dreams — and by extension, the dreamers. Now they have to decide how to use their gifts after realizing the fate of the world rests with them.
Falling Water stars David Ajala (Fast & Furious 6), Will Yun Lee (Hawaii Five-0) and Lizzie Brochere (American Horror Story: Asylum).
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Season 3 of Fear the Walking Dead will premiere with back-to-back episodes on Sunday, June 4 at 9/8c on AMC.
* John C. McGinley (Scrubs) has joined the cast of CBS’ buddy cop comedy pilot Brothered Up, playing the officers’ commander, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Oscar winner Mira Sorvino will co-star in AT&T Audience Network’s Condor, a ten-episode drama series inspired by the 1975 conspiracy thriller Three Days of the Condor, per Deadline. Sorvino will play Marty Frost, an investigator who comes out of retirement after an attack on a young CIA analyst’s office.
* This year’s Peabody Awards, which honor the best stories in television, radio, podcasts and digital narratives, will air Friday, June 2 on PBS and Fusion, hosted by Rashida Jones.
* America’s Next Top Model will eliminate its contestant age limit — 27 years old or younger — for Season 24, executive producer Tyra Banks announced on Twitter:
© 2017 PMC. All rights reserved.