Chicago Med Ratings Season 2

Ratings: Chicago Med Surges Opposite NCAA Tournament Tip-Off

NBC’s Chicago Med this Thursday drew 7.4 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating (per finals), rising 18 and 27 percent week-to-week to deliver its most-watched episode of the season and a 4-month demo high (excluding its recent apres-Voice airing).

NBC notes that Med is its first regular program to ever match ABC’s Scandal in the demo. Leading out of that, Blacklist: Redemption (4.1 mil/0.7) was flat.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Superstore (4.2 mil/1.1) rose 20 percent in audience while steady in the demo. An 8:30 Trial & Error encore (3.2 mil/0.8) outperformed the most recent Powerless (2.4 mil/0.7).

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCAA men’s basketball tournament action averaged 4.5 mil and a 1.3 during primetime, on par with a year ago and down 35 percent and a tenth from last Thursday’s scripted lineup.

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (7.9 mil/2.0) rose 10 percent and a tenth, up in the demo from last week’s all-time low. Scandal (5.6 mil/1.4) was flat, The Catch (3.8 mil/0.7) dipped.

FOX | MasterChef Junior (4 mil/1.1) was steady, while Kicking & Screaming (1.9 mil/0.6) ticked down from its premiere.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Max says:

Happy for grey’s. It was a phenomenal episode and it showed how severely underused Jesse Williams is. (And it’s about time japril gets back together, their chemistry is still off the charts)

• A. Johnson says:

Agree. Why hasn’t ABC developed another spinoff of it yet. 13 seasons in and it’s one of the highest rated dramas on television. And while they’re at it, why doesn’t Modern Family have a spinoff yet? ABC could learn a lot from NBC and CBS on the power of a spinoff. I just don’t get it….

• Haz says:

Wasn’t Modern Family going to attempt a spinoff with Rob Riggles character? ABC missed the chance to spin off MF. This season I was only watching it out of habit but I’ve finally dropped it and not sure if I will go back to it on Hulu or not. I understand MF does well in the demo but I hope ABC has a endgame in site.

• A. Johnson says:

I believe they did, but never picked it up. I guess developing another fantasy drama that premiered to a .6 or .7 took precedent. And yes you’re right, the chance has probably passed :(

2. Anne says:

Greys man!! This kinda pull 13 seasons in? Amazing. Also great because that was the best episode of the season (I love Japril so I might be biased). Still that show is a beast!!

3. Eric7740 says:

Probably the second worst episode of Grey’s this season!!! Almost as bad as the November sweeps where they all daydreamed in the OR on that one patient. The only thing that saved that episode was the McDreamy cameo at the end. Grey’s sure is having a lackluster season this year, IMO, watching out of habit this season. Hopefully these last few episodes will pick up some steam!!!

4. Brian says:

The Catch actually might get renewed if it can stay around 0.8.

5. fernando933 says:

The Catch is holding on, this season has gotten better. I want the show to make it to a season 3.

Chicago Med is amazing, so happy it can fight on its own.

6. Cosmin says:

I’m so happy for Grey and Chicago med. Love this 2 <3

7. kn1231 says:

I enjoyed The Catch last season, but so far this season is so much better! More people should be watching it!

8. pAloma says:

For Chicago Med people watched because they wanted to see which character committed suicide, because the teasers implied it was someone we might know and care about and not some resident I don’t remember seeing or seeing often. Was I the on,y one who thought it might be April?

9. kmw says:

Good for Chicago Med and even better that Grey’s rose. but even Shonda cannot be happy with The Catch. And Scandal has probably found its new normal

10. Aisha says:

First, I’m so glad the Japril episode performed so well! It was an amazing episode (the only episode I’ve watched this season, will probably binge after my degree is FINALLY FINISHED WOO) but the comments about Japril can be so negative :(. IIRC last year the Japril episode lowered in viewers and ratings. I love the characters individually and together so it’s the only thing strong enough to bring me back during uni.

Second, well done to Chicago Med! I think it’s had a bit of a shaky start compared to its predecessors but hopefully now it can be a “sure thing”