Bones Stars and EPs Reminisce, Thank Fans in Series-Spanning Video

If you’ve been jonesing for some Bones reminiscing in advance of the long-running drama’s upcoming finale, your prayers have been answered.

On Thursday, Fox released the video above, featuring members of the cast and production staff talking about the show’s 12-season evolution. Leads David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel are there, as well as stars Michaela Conlin, T.J. Thyne, Tamara Taylor and John Boyd and EPs Hart Hanson, Stephen Nathan, Michael Peterson, Jonathan Collier and Barry Josephson.

Shot in December 2016, the video celebrates the procedural’s long run, offering behind-the-scenes secrets about locations, props and the like.

“Brennan and Booth’s house is gone,” Thyne notes as he, Taylor, Conlin and Boyd gather on a soundstage. “We’re dismantling the FBI as we speak,” Boyd adds.

The roughly 20-minute video incorporates a ton of Bones footage (including many of Booth and Brennan’s most memorable/romantic moments) and spends a lot of time thanking the show’s fans, whom Taylor dubs “the most loyal.”

Bones‘ series finale airs Tuesday, March 28, at 9/8c. Press PLAY on the video above to dive into the Squint-tastic walk down memory lane (and to find out which series-central prop Boreanaz declares “a disaster”).

1. diane says:

What a nice retrospective. I’m glad I watched a show where the people seemed to care about their characters, the show, the audience, and their co-stars.

2. Linda says:

You might want to mention there are spoilers in this.

• Linda says:

Replying to myself…I guess I should add that I haven’t watched the latest episode so I might be wrong about there being spoilers in the video.

3. Beth says:

Not crying.

4. Kia says:

Words can’t possibly convey how much this show has meant to me, what it has done for me, and how grateful and appreciative i am to have had Bones in my life for the past decade. It’s been the most incredible ride, such a joy to watch. And the cast … I’m gonna miss them working together so much, they were such a beautiful family, as much as I wish them happiness and the best of luck in their future projects, I just wish Bones could keep going forever, I truly do. This video is wonderfully done. Thank you Bones.

5. kmw says:

First off wow FOX is giving Bones a retrospective!!! I didn’t think they would do that. but guess when it is airing( the full 22 minutes)? Sat night. Because so many people will be staying home to watch it. I should be grateful they even gave us 22 minutes but seriously Saturday night AND the FOX affiliates don’t have to air it if they don’t want to. Why couldn’t FOX have taken one of their comedies off on the 28th so it could air with the finale. oh well. I watched part of it and it was fascinating especially the part where HH and Stephen Nathan say Booth didn’t test well. Really!!! I have watched that pilot so many times Booth wasn’t mean to Brennan at all. So sad Bones is coming to an end, so many good memories and shows. Can you also imagine the show being called Brennan? I also appreciated that Bones was the very last show picked up that season. Talk about barely making it. Great show great cast Bones will be missed

6. Jennifer says:

Is there a place that I can watch this Season on demand? For some reason, my DVR dropped the last 10 minutes of every episode. Thanks.

7. Nancy says:

This was fun! Thanks for making the effort Fox! Bones was a good ride, most of the time! LOL

8. Couch Mom says:

When House and Bones were paired, it was a night of great TV. Now, it’s Gotham and Lucifer. Miss House; will miss Bones. At least will have Gotham and Lucifer.

9. Sarah says:

Glad them did a retrospect! With the lack of promotion from Fox on that final season at least we get to see how much the show means to the actors and its creators!

• kmw says:

Yes I was shocked they gave them anything. but I have only watched part of it because there are indeed spoilers from their final episode and I am not ready for that yet

10. Em says:

If I said I wasn’t crying right now, I would be lying.
    Thanks for being a part of my life for 12 years, Bones. From a kid at school who decided she liked science to an almost qualified doctor of science, I feel like you’ve been by my side the whole way through.

11. d282 says:

I just watched the video. I am glad Bones lasted this long on TV. I am so going to miss it when the series finale is over.