Exclusive

The Originals: Watch the Emotional First Minute of the Season 4 Premiere

A lot can change in five years — just ask The Originals. (You know, once Hayley finishes waking them all up.)

Friday’s long-awaited season premiere (The CW, 8/7c) picks up half a decade after “the fall of the Mikaelsons,” as explained by Vincent in TVLine’s exclusive clip from the episode. And with Klaus off the proverbial throne, now replaced by Marcel, the Big Easy has undergone a few structural shifts.

But Vincent’s sermon isn’t just about looking towards a peaceful future; he also takes a moment to remember the “high price” paid to achieve that peace, including the untimely death of Cami and the treacherous sacrifice of Davina.

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment with your hopes (teehee) for Season 4 below.

1. Monica says:

Cami’s death :( Waiting for 4×02 when we see Cami again!

2. cj says:

Challenged by who?

3. Gospino says:

I have 3 seasons to catch up on! I love Klaus, and seeing that Vampire Diaries is over…

4. Cordell says:

Video won’t load for some strange reason

5. Jane says:

Never been fan of Camille, but yes, Davina’s death was unfortunate and I personally was sad they killed her. Especially using Kol for that, that was cruel, considering he just started trying to be a better man. I liked seeing a different side of Kol, although I imagined him to be slightly different in a relationship. So Kolvina is bit OOC for Kol from TVD, but still the only couple I enjoined on this show. Haylijah have good chemistry and I appreciate the fact that Klaus and Hayley never looked at each other “that” way since that one night stand. But still, even though I “shipped” many morally questionable couples over the years, I just can’t get over the fact that Hope might grow up having two brothers as her daddies, one biological and one step dad. I don’t know, it’s a TVD triangle taken one step too far. And this child will grow up in a freaky environment as it is, traveling around with mom and a few of coffins is not exactly ideal childhood, so no need to make it any worse than that.
    I mentioned before that I don’t mind marcel but I saw spoilers for the first episode and I really don’t like him talking down on Klaus, seriously, like Elijah said back in TVD “(Klaus is) the Original, show a little respect.” Especially since Klaus was the one who asked Freya and Elijah to not sacrifice Davina and find another way. Klaus was trying to do good at the end of last season and all of it backfired at him. What lesson is he supposed to learn? Yeah. So I expect him to go back to his vicious ways, at least for some time.

• Ally Oop says:

I wish they hadn’t killed off Davina. Her character still had so much potential…

• Gift says:

Amen! to Klaus returning to his vicious ways (lol) At least no one will dare to step on him or his family. Isn’t that why we love him? I really can’t wait to see how he reacts to everything. Marcel being strong now doesn’t make him invincible. I pity him actually when he is brought down to nothing. This time he looses the support, protection, recognition of the most powerful supernatural family there ever is. I don’t think Rebekah will see him the same way again. I really don’t like Elijah nd Hayley’s relationship… My God, how will they explain that to Hope. I’m not complaining because they didn’t stand in the way of Klaus anything so……… About kol, I some how liked him with Davina for the first time he started being mature not the trouble maker we know him to be. who do u think he would be perfect with, Bonnie? Hahaha…. considering who Hope is or who’s child she is I’m thinking she will be fine. Who knows what she is capable of, u know everyone is excited to see what she is capable of nd I pray they don’t destroy our dreams nd hope for that powerful baby. I would really like to see her very powerful like her father. Klaus doesn’t take betrayal well so let’s see how he handles Marcel. it’s tomorrow.

• Jane says:

Yes, it’s scary how time flies. I feel like just a few weeks ago I watched Comic Con videos with TO cast and it felt like the premier of the new seasons is lightyears away. But here we are!
        Kol: Bonnie is an obvious choice, but then she feels so much more mature than he is. But then Kol changed since TVD times, so I’d certainly be interested to see their dynamic. It’s really unlikely though, because I think Kat called it quits even before Paul last summer.
        Hope: I definitely want to see her, but I’m afraid more Hope would mean more Hayley and I still feel like she’s not Mikaelson, so I’d prefer attention to be on The Originals and their new little member.
        I think Klaus and Marcel will make peace. Michael Narducci likes Marcel, so 99% he won’t let Klaus to cause any serious damage, even though it’d be quite OOC for Klaus. I miss TVD Klaus, I don’t want him to start desperately searching for redemption like Salvatores did, it’d be very repetitive.

• Gift says:

They have to impress us right? if they do that to Klaus, then that is the end of Klaus we love nd knw. All I want is Marcel to be put in his place! i don’t want him dead, he shouldn’t be above or more powerful than the originals so they better do something about that. Hayley is already part of their family, come on, she gave birth to Klaus ‘s child nd Elijah is madly in love with her. The sister recognize nd like her so…… except she tries to be smart with Klaus again like she did before then we re fine. Let’s not dismiss her just yet. let’s watch nd see if her character is improved. you never know. it’s today! spoilers re just so hard to come bad on this show.

• Jane says:

Yes, they have to do really well to get 5th season. Re: Hayley – I dunno, with the weight they keep putting on Hayley (her saving the pack, being some kind of queen, her saving the originals), her character stopped making sense to me a while ago. Honestly, I giggle every other time I see her playing wonder woman on TO. I’m sorry, 25-yr-old chick with a baby, saving ancient vamp family. Somehow all the originals are down, but she’s all fine and well. And with many Mikaelsons’ enemies out there, some of them must be powerful witches, still no one managed to kill her and get the coffins. And isn’t it strange that on tvd, a bunch of teens with a few 100-smth-yr-old vamps destroying ancient creatures like Silas, then the Other side, then, 2 rulers of Hell & Hell all together. But on TO, the most powerful supernatural family has been fighting for 1 American city for 3 seasons and, get that, loosing this fight! Oh well, I still love TO, now with TVD gone, that’s the only vamp show I have left

• Gift says:

They let their guard down that’s why that happened. I felt like klaus was no longer interested in the city since hope was born. He was rather focus on keeping her save. I never thought about Hayley that way, thinking about it now u re right. They put too much on her shoulder. with all klaus enemies, kol also has a lot of enemies nd also Elijah. knowing the most powerful family has been put down of cause most enemies will try to fish the out end them for good nd she gets to survive all that? lol, let’s just say she is brave nd a strong fighter. Do u watch the 100?

• Jane says:

100 is on my must watch list but I haven’t started it yet. Is it the one with Clarke or Belarke? For some reason this ship (or maybe its two different ships) is on many ship polls on twitter but as far as I understood it’s two girls? As for TO did you see latest Joseph’s interview? Somehow he’s saying that he didn’t know about Klaus’ letter till the TVD finale aired. But then from JP’s interviews it appears as if it all comes together at the end of TO S04 and Klaus’ thank you to Caroline will make since after we watch this season. How is it possible?

• Gift says:

okay, I just finished watching Joseph interview video but in my opinion I think he was asked not to give any information. they don’t want to give spoilers. yes pls watch the hundred soon nd tell ur opinion on the ships. I certainly want to hear all about it. so I won’t say anything until u watch it. well let’s say he wrote the letter before he was put in the cage no, possibly after he returned from his prison walls, I’m sure she helped him some how or maybe helped Hope nd Hayley. while he is trying to balance his time with his family nd Hope he didn’t get the chance to go see Caroline but instead sent a letter. I’m sure they will find one way to explain it to us. But if there is a season 5, I’m very sure they will find a way to bring Caroline in even if it isn’t permanent. I still hope they re end game.

• Jane says:

Okay girl, I obey and I got 1st season of 100 and about to start watching haha. I hope it’s good. Meanwhile I’m catching up with OUAT as well… They lost me after last season.
            You watched Joseph Morgan’s interview?! O_O where?? I only read an article and I can’t find any recent interview with him

• Gift says:

Alright, I watched it on YouTube, the interview . I also stop watching OUAT last season so I’ll go back nd watch. The 100 is a nice show if u love science fiction. But I only watch because of the drama nd ship. but I’m hoping to hear from u about the show.

• Jane says:

Sure, I’ll get back to you on that (100). I just started it so all I know is that Clarke isn’t a ship, it’s a girl haha Clearly there is potential romance between her and Bellamy. It’s strange, I wouldn’t say he is handsome in a traditional sense, there is smth about him though.
            I don’t know if anyone can beat klaroline and phoebe&cole for me, but will see haha

• Gift says:

Of cause no ship can take the place of Klaroline Hahaha(nd I got that joke). Alright now since u’ve started the show I just want u to tell if it’s all in my head, Clarke loves Bellamy but isn’t acting on it rather she falls for a girl Lexa. I’m not saying she didn’t love Lexa but I feel she cares for Bellamy in a certain way that can’t be explained or compared. Some people argue that Lexa is her one true love but I see it differently. I feel Bellamy is the one nd it’s just being delayed. Anyway, after watching u tell me. Bellamy isn’t handsome but he is brave, strong nd I like a stand up guy. I’m not sure they will bit Klaroline or Cole and Phoebe but they re something to watch.

6. Carla Krae says:

No video.

7. Stephanie Walker says:

Can’t wait to watch season 4. I just love Klaus, he’s just so cool. Elijah is just so unpredictable he’s the best and I love him Mercel. He needs to be put into his place.

8. Ally Oop says:

Where is this video? There’s a link at the top but it’s coded wrong.

9. Gift says: