Leah Remini Scientology Renewed

Leah Remini's Scientology Exposé Renewed at A&E: 'I Need to Continue'

Leah Remini will continue to expose the alleged wrongdoings of the Church of Scientology, now that A&E has ordered a second season of her acclaimed docuseries Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

For those unfamiliar with the series, each episode finds ex-Scientologist Remini meeting with fellow defectors — ranging from former high-level executives to church members — who detail shocking stories of abuse, heartbreak and harassment experienced upon leaving the church behind. Since it first debuted last November, the Church of Scientology has continued to dismiss the claims made by Remini and other former members who have appeared on the program, but has not pursued legal action against A&E.

“The way the organization has responded without taking responsibility for what they do to people, I need to continue,” Remini said in a statement to THR. “It would be another [scenario] if they stopped trying to discredit everyone’s stories and said, ‘If you don’t like it, don’t be part of Scientology.'”

The 10-episode follow-up is expected to premiere this summer.

Have you been watching Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath? And if so, what are you thoughts on a second season?

1. Rob O'Brian says:

Great news – one of the best documentaries I have seen this year. Genuinely shocking and heartbreaking at the same time. Leah is also a great, engaging host. Can’t wait.

2. Funny how she did not have any issues with Scientology until work started drying up for her

• Patrick says:

Or maybe the work started drying up when she started to have problems with Scientology.

• Ken says:

Funny how your commenting on something you have absolutely no information on proving you didn’t watch the show. If you had, you would know that she did have issues with Scientology, but she would be punished for questioning.

• Dysturbed says:

There’s a difference between not having problems with them like you claim, and factually having problems with them, but for various reasons not being able to say anything until it was safer to do so.

• Rainbowmom says:

you must be member of this cult who bankrupts the middle class members who believe that it’s a religion.

3. Lauren says:

Good for her! This “church” is a dangerous cult. When is their tax exempt status going to be revoked?!

4. Jen says:

Fantastic news!! Leah is a brave woman for taking on the cult and I applaud all of the ones who have appeared on her show for showing such courage in telling their heartbreaking stories. It would be poetic justice for an ex-member to be the one to bring down the cult once and for all!

5. MMD says:

Terrific news. The most that this cult is exposed to daylight the more people will be exposed to the horrific things that happen there. Transparency is the key to everything whether it’s “religion”, government, financial institutions, etc. One of the best documentaries I have watched and I truly worried for her safety while she was filming it.

6. kitsunesaru says:

It definitely makes me worry for her safety, but good for her for keeping this up.

7. Gern Blanston says:

I was pumped up when I first heard about this show. I tried watching as I find all aspects of Scientology fascinating. Scary, yet fascinating. But, she is so grating. The stories that people were telling in the first two episodes, the only two that I watched, were gripping. I was sucked in. And then she opened her mouth and made these people’s stories all about her and it completely turned me off to the show. She kept trying to seem tough, like she was going to go find Scientology and punch it in the face. They need to get a new host and have her produce behind the scenes.

8. Nicholas Cullen says:

The show is just phenominal and Leah Remini reveals and tells the truth like it is and she is like the new Long Island Medium of breaking scientology

9. Kim R says:

I’m glad she’s continuing. Brave girl fighting the fight for Truth.

10. Tracy says:

I think this show is very well done and I definitely will watch the upcoming season!! I applaud Leah Remini for having the courage to do the show!! I especially feel for everyone who shared their horrific stories which brought a lot of tears to my eyes!! I have to say they should all be proud of their own strength in leaving Scientology because they have a lot to lose when they do!!! Most of them leave with no family, money or any true ways of taking care of themselves especially when they have been part of the Sea Org since they were young and didn’t receive proper schooling!! I admire them all!! One thing I would LOVE to see in the show is….”What really happened to David Miscavage’s wife!! (Sorry I don’t remember what her name is or if I even spelled the idiot’s name correctly!).

• Maura says:

Thanks for exposing this crap Leah! Lots of morons on here thinking you do it for money. Obvious to me you are exposing a twisted religion. I love you, you are hilarious and some day i believe because of you , tom cruise will listen to the Holy Spirit And help many others too. When i look at him, i see a guy who will beleive the truth.. What the f? Religions like scientology and others never thrive because they are not based on love. My hp is JESUS. HE ACTUALLY KICKS ASS ON LOVE and is still kicking ass. No one else pulls that off!!!

• MMD says:

Her name is Shelly or some variation of that and the police have made 2 calls on the COS and she was produced, apparently in good health and fine. Whether that is actually the correct person, she is speaking of her own free will or simply brainwashed is anyone’s guess.
      Truly scary!

• Ronald Howarth says:

Lot’s of fake news.

“Omission is the greatest form of lie.” George Orwell

Is Leah a bigot?

Why is it that she did a 180 after so many years a Scientologist herself?

Is she altering the truth?

If so why would she do so?

Does she have evil intentions?

Does she have anything monetary to gain by slinging smut.

There is lots to say about any religion. I could say what is this business with Catholics of eating wafers pretending it is the lords body and drinking wine saint it is the lords blood and make a big deal about that but what is the point. Maybe the pope would pay me some money to go away?

11. Kathleen Turner says:

5hLoved the show. Cant believe how bad scientology is. Glad she brought it to our attention. Will watch this season and more to come

12. Paulo says:

I can’t wait to see this new Season 2. leah Remini is very brave to do such a thing as Scientology usually does everything (i say “Everything”, every dirty thing possible) they can to stop anyone talking against them.

13. Stovall says:

Leah is a brave woman who is exposing the horrors ex-members suffer when leaving the church. I wish the celebrity members who obviously are not treated like that, would at least investigate the stories of the people who have come forth. I will not go to their movies any longer so they can support this so-called church. Go Leah and keep strong.

14. Sheryl Nixon says:

Thank you Leah, I agree with Rob O’Brian who said : One of the best documentaries, Heartbreaking but the public should be warned. Thank you

15. AC McAfee says:

Love Leah and Mike!! Thank you for exposing the truth!! Keep it coming!