Jessica Pare CBS Pilot

Mad Men's Jessica Paré Boards CBS' Navy SEAL Pilot, Starring Jim Caviezel

Mad Men alum Jessica Paré has been recruited for CBS’ drama pilot about Navy SEALs.

Written by Benjamin Cavell (Justified), the project follows the lives of the elite Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high-stakes missions our country can ask. Paré, our sister site Deadline reports, will play Mandy, a whip-smart CIA analyst.

The cast thus far also includes Max Thieriot (Bates Motel), Neil Brown Jr. (Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency), A.J. Buckley (CSI: NY), Toni Trucks (Franklin & Bash).

In addition to her run as Mad Men‘s Megan, Paré’s previous TV credits include episodes of Satisfaction and Life, plus Jack & Bobby.

1. herman1959 says:

She was annoying in Mad Men, and there are already too many TV references to Navy Seals for me. I’m skipping this one.

2. Elena says:

Meh, why couldn’t they cast someone like Taraji P. Henson for this show in a more interesting role thsn this one.

I’m so over Cookie and want Taraji back for a more meaningful and serious role. And i want her back filming with Jim Caviezel ;-).

3. Sharon I Plow says:

Oh my god I can’t wait. I love all of them especially A.J. Buckley and Jim C. I just wish I could put the show on my TVGuide watchlist already. I hope and pray it makes it from pilot to series.

4. M3rc_Nate says:

I’m glad to read she is a CIA analyst and not a wife or girlfriend. She/her character made Mad Men tough to watch.
    I gotta be honest, we’ve already got a NAVY SEAL show and while this one could be the better one, I highly doubt it because it will be on network TV. What appeals to me is either a highly realistic and really well done series about SEALs, a really fun special ops series (like Strike Back) or something different.
    What do I mean different? Considering women are now allowed into the special forces, let’s create a fictional show that tells the story of the first group of women to go through boot camp, the special ops schools (Ranger school, BUDS, etc) and the number dwindle down until ~5 women come out the other end having passed. They work so well together and have such a great bond, a great sisterhood, that it’s decided that they will be formed into a unit, an all female unit, code named “Black Widow” or something cool with a deadly feminine touch. We then see their lives…going on awesome missions, dealing with male peers, bosses, enemies and their home lives with boyfriends, husbands, girlfriends and wives (at least one would be gay/bi).
    Give me that series! Give me something fresh and interesting and likely to be real one day. Some day (maybe even now) there will be women in the SEALs and special forces. Let’s create a fictional drama that tries to be portray would it could be like when it happens.

• herman1959 says:

I like your originality, but what is the point of having female Navy SEALS if they are segregated in one unit?

• M3rc_Nate says:

It’s not that I wouldn’t love a show about a mixed unit or that it can’t happen…but I do think (at least at first) having an all female unit would make the most sense. First off, what comes to mind is like with SWAT officers and likely other professions, each soldier in the unit has to be able to carry the heaviest soldier in the unit. If you put two 135lb women on a unit with a bunch of 220lb+ 6’0+ men on it then I don’t see how likely it would be they can do that.
        By having an all female unit they can scale everything down to their weight and size and be able to handle each other in the manner I described above. Just a thought.

5. LL says:

It sounds a bit like The Unit. That’s not a bad thing at all.