A Series of Unfortunate Events Renewed

A Series of Unfortunate Events Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

This qualifies as a most fortunate event:  Netflix has renewed A Series of Unfortunate Events for a second season.

The streamer made the announcement on Twitter via a letter from “author” Lemony Snicket. “It has come to my attention that, despite my repeated warnings, you have viewed the Netflix adaptation of my distressing work, collectively known as A Series of Unfortunate Events,” the note read. “To my horror, Netflix has been encouraged by this, and funneled their ill-gotten gains toward a second season of this unhappy and unnerving series… I hope you’re happy. Because you won’t be, ever again.”

A video dubbed “A Miserable Message” also accompanied the announcement…

Season 1 of A Series of Unfortunate Events — which stars Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf — dropped in January. There’s now word on when we can expect Season 2 to debut.

1. Nathan says:

👏👏👏👏

2. Steven says:

Yes! Can’t wait!

3. Jason says:

Thought this show was pretty average but netflix rarely cancels shows after one season

4. Winter says:

That is terrible news. I must now watch these poor unfortunate orphans as they encounter more trials and tribulations, a phrase that here means great difficulties.

Actually this show was really well done and very true to the spirit and tone of the books. Also can’t wait to see what costumes NPH wears next.

5. R.O.B. says:

NPH deserves an Emmy for this. Still wouldn’t get me to watch 5 minutes of an awards show, but he should get the emmy nevertheless. So much better than Jim Carrey’s Olaf.

6. Anne says:

YAY!!!!

7. I am truly delighted (in a saddened, apprehensive sort of way, that is). Season One sucked me in and refused to let me go. I have, since, seen “Lemony Snicket” interviewed by Larry King, and was very impressed with the actor’s talent, even there. I’m really looking forward to Season Two… and hope there will be even more seasons to follow.

8. Jared says:

I kind of have a Love/Hate relationship with this show. Hopefully in s2 they beef up some of the supporting cast because I found it pretty redundant at times.

9. Barb says:

It’s an okay show, haven’t really gotten thru the first season yet (that was weeks ago).

10. Laura says:

Wasnt this announced in january?

11. I could barely get through the first unfortunate events! Which means I only watched a few episodes, barely, because I hated it the whole time! I liked the movie, because it was a one off type of thing, but as a series, it’s just dragging on and on the idea of the movie itself! I mean the actors are good in it, but I just couldn’t get into watching something like this as a series!