Memories From the Set
Sebastian Roché

The Young Pope's Sebastian Roché Remembers 24, Once, TVD and More

When you see Sebastian Roché on your TV screen, your first instinct may be suspicion.

Roché has appeared on a plethora of fan-favorite shows, often as the antagonist. One of the prolific actor’s current roles — on Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle — finds him once more causing trouble from a seat of power… at least, for now. Roché himself will be the first to tell you: His characters have a nasty habit of dying.

“I have died on every show,” he says, thinking back on a career that includes stints on 24The Vampire DiariesOnce Upon a TimeFringe, General Hospital and a bunch more hit series. And though he has yet to bite the dust in his current gigs — High Castle and HBO’s The Young Pope — “that may be coming,” he teases.

We asked Roché to reminisce about some of his favorite small-screen roles. Flip through the gallery at right — or click here for direct access — for the actor’s thoughts on working with “bloody legend” Jude Law, having an Ikea-set fan encounter and losing a tooth during an intense Mikaelson moment.

1. Emily says:

disappointed… i wanted to hear him talk about general hospital. he was so great as jerry jacks. but i loved what he said about fringe, supernatural, and tvd.

2. GraceM says:

Too bad he oddnt mention his guest appearance on Charmed. I know it was only one episode but would have like to hear his thoughts about it.

3. Dominique says:

sebastian roché is just a charismatic actor and i love that he’s in so many tv shows. somebody should make him a lead soon though.

4. dude says:

He’s a great actor. Wish he talked about General Hospital which is probably one of his longest roles to date.

5. nice article but why isnt general hospitall in here???hes been playing jerry jacks off and on for years, and there are rumors he might return soon

6. Viv says:

Fav ever: Supernatual — sexiest angel ever…

7. Big Cheddar says:

Wow – what a career! It’s amazing he keeps making time to come back to GH.

8. Vickie K says:

One of my favorite Sebastian Roche moments was him playing George Washington in a film produced by Mount Vernon – We Fight To Be Free. He is outstanding as the General!

• Ninamags says:

Yes! I’s a great film, (what we get to see of it). I never bought the dvd. Maybe I should.

I got a kick out of seeing him there the first time I visited Mr. Washington’s house.

9. Kiwi3 says:

Have known about him and loved him since GH back in the 90’s.
    I’ve enjoyed watching his career because I always thought he had that something extra that would certainly take him well beyond daytime soaps.

10. Lisa says:

I still wish Supernatural would bring him and Gabriel back. Everyone else seems to be coming back this season. Even the Colt! Lol

11. taylorrness says:

this is a really cool feature! he seems like a really lovely guy (and this reminds me that I still need to catch up on Man in the High Castle and Young Pope….)

12. I love Seb – he’s one of those actors I will go out of my way to see. I stuck with Grimm because I knew he was in an episode, and I returned to Criminal MInds after drifting away, just to see his appearance. On top of that he’s interesting and intelligent on Twitter, and an absolute blast at conventions…
    Oh – also check him out in Kings of Con – hilarious!