'Vampire Diaries' Finale Week

Vampire Diaries Series Finale: Extended Trailer Reveals Elena's Waking Moment

Better late than never, new footage from The Vampire Diaries series finale has arrived — and it’s not just another 15-second clip of Elena reuniting with [insert Salvatore brother of choice here.]

Just 24 hours before Friday’s full-night farewell (The CW, 8/7c), the network released an extended trailer for the Mystic Falls gang’s final battle against “the myth, the legend, the baddest bitch of all,” Ms. Katherine Pierce — including a glorious shot of Elena opening her eyes in bed before running into Bonnie’s arms.

Of course, this particular moment raises a few questions, the most pressing one being: Why are they in the woods?

The trailer also includes a few other blink-and-you-missed-them sneak peeks, including an uncharacteristically emotional moment between Caroline and Damon. (Something tells me they weren’t reminiscing fondly about their short-lived ‘ship.)

Hit PLAY on the video above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below: How do you want it all to end?!

1. Fabrizia says:

I just want Stefan to die, Damon too. Wouldn’t it be awsome and unexpected if both brothers bit it and somehow Bonnie lived?

2. Vampie says:

I started to cry when I watched this clip!! Im going to miss my weekly dose of Damon (Ian) Even if there were episodes and seasons who really suc**ed, still this show is going to be really missed and even though many fans says the show lately really was disappointing and it was time to end the show, deep down in their minds they know they are going to miss it as well, do not deny it.

3. Gift says:

I don’t know how I’m going to feel watching the last episode of the Vampire Diaries, I can’t even explain how sad I feel. this is it. it’s over now oh my word! I think I’m going to really cry not seeing Stefan again. May Bonnie will appear once awhile in the originals but not Stefan! My heart is breaking. 😅

4. Wordsmith says:

I’m guessing that Bonnie dies and goes to live with Enzo in the not-Hell afterlife that she created a la Cade. That’s how Elena wakes up, and the forest scene from the teaser is some sort of vision/dream enchantment that allows Elena to visit her late bestie.

5. Shru says:

The Bonnie/Elena reunion is going to make me emotional!

6. Gospino says:

I’m going to miss this show! I hate the thought of any longtime character dying. Unless dying somehow gives that character a happy ending (maybe Bonnie being with Enzo?). So glad they got Elena back for the finale.

7. Jane says:

I really love this song, it just makes tvd final feel more I don’t know, epic! 8 years, endless discussions, trends on twitter, supporting each other within your fandom and non ending fights over different ships, all this because people really cared about these characters. I wish all of them would survive the final, they made it that far and potentially there is a way for everyone to survive

8. Andrea Nicole says:

To connect the dots (sort of) there’s another sneak peek clip with the Salvatore brothers talking and they’re caught off guard when they see that Elena’s casket is open and empty. Stefan mentions that Bonnie said she saw Elena when her heart stopped… then the moment we’ve already seen, Elena appears behind them and says Damon’s name.

9. Vampie says:

I have a question in what part of the series finale. Jeremy will return and also Elenas dad? Arent they supposed to be also in the series finale episode?

Another question is there a moment where Elena will see all the gang again or her return will be only to be seen with Bonnie in the forest and to play her character of Katherine? Will she sees Damon and Stefan or not? I hope she does see both of them or the whole gang. I been looking forward to seeing that.

10. Caitlin says:

Whats the real reason that The Vampire Diaries had to end?

11. Jenifer says:

I cnt imagime… Its d end now…. Finally so many episodes.. So many memories r going to end… I will really miss them….