The Flash Spoilers

Flash Photos: Dearly Departed Friends (Eddie!) and Foes (Snart!) Return

The Speed Force is staging a major reunion on The Flash.

When Barry turns to the extra-dimensional energy for answers during next Tuesday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c), he comes face-to-face with several deceased characters, as seen in these photos.

Among the familiar faces making a return: Caitlin’s husband Ronnie Raymond, aka Firestorm (played by Robbie Amell), Iris’ ex Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett) and Barry’s frenemy Leonard Snart, aka Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller). Jay Garrick also makes an appearance to, hopefully, impart some wisdom on the troubled speedster.

Curiously not pictured, but supposedly trapped in the Speed Force following last night’s episode: Wally West.

Elsewhere during the hour, “H.R. gives Jesse some advice,” per the official description. (Hmmm, on what subject matter?)

Click the gallery above (or right here) for a preview, then hit the comments: Which long-gone Flash character are you most excited to see again?

1. WonderWoman says:

Trump is Savitar

2. Ian says:

*waves to Eddie* Hi!

3. Azerty says:

I am glad to see familiar faces from the past but I am getting tired of the alternate timeline/ dream world / ghost encounter / hallucinations…I’d like them to actually develop the characters and the storylines in the actual real world (and it applies to Arrow, LoT and Supergirl as well).

• ndixit says:

This is pretty much a character centric ep. I believe Barry is going to find out some things about Savitar, maybe his identity in the speed force. But these ghosts from the past will act as conduits.

• Azerty says:

I totally understand how it will move the storyline forward and how it helps the characters grow. But lately it seems that’s the only way to help the character grow. I’m thinking of the Flashpoint, I am thinking of the 100th episode of Arrow, I am thinking of Rory hallucinating Snart in LoT, I am thinking of the musical Flash/Supergirl etc. Barry went to the Speedforce and had an epiphany like that less than a year a ago. And then he went through Flashpoint. I just wish the writers would find another way to have a character centric in the real world.

• ndixit says:

I get what you are saying, but this is a comic book reality after all. The mistakes that normal people make don’t have the type of consequences that the mistakes these guys make. I mean normal people also feel regret and guilt by thinking about the ghosts of their past. This is just a way of putting a face to it. Also, I don’t think all your examples can be grouped together. For example, I think Flash/Supergirl musical is hardly going to be anything similar to Flash’s speedforce trip in terms of learning experience. It likely will me more of a fun trip.

• Butch says:

Unless they are doing something very different this time, the people Barry meets in the Speed Force just look like people familiar to Barry. They don’t pretend to be the people they look like. One difference this time is that most of the people are dead in the real world. Eddie, Ronnie, and Snark all sacrificed themselves for the greater good. That is probably why he is meeting people who look like them. Perhaps Barry will realize he needs to be willing and able to do the same thing.

4. T.W.S.S. says:

“Jay Garrick also makes an appearance to, hopefully, impart some wisdom on the troubled speedster.”

If that’s why he’s there, Jay should save his breath.

5. Joey Padron says:

Good photos from the next new episode. Excited to see Ronnie, Snart, and Eddie back on the show again next week!

6. Gift says:

fun to see familiar faces. can’t wait!

7. Ella says: