Exclusive

Big Bang Theory Sneak Peek: Sheldon's Stunning Reaction to [Spoiler] Will Have You Questioning Everything

Our whole universe… has gone mad.

On Thursday’s The Big Bang Theory (8/7c, CBS), Sheldon learns that cash-strapped Raj will be shacking up with Leonard and Penny in his old room and he’s totally, completely cool with it. So thrown is Leonard by his BFF’s compassionate thoughtful reaction to the news that he quips, “I think it’s nice that you’re taking whatever medication Amy is clearly giving you.”

But Sheldon maintains that he’s 100 percent comfortable with the idea that he’s being replaced by Raj, insisting to Leonard, “If you’re implying that I have some problem with him moving into my old room, you’re wrong.”

So, what’s really going on here? Well, yours truly was on set for the taping of “The Escape Hatch Identification” and, as I teased in Ask Ausiello, Christine Baranski’s Beverly makes a cameo in the episode to help Sheldon unravel the mystery surrounding his shockingly non-infantile response to Raj’s change of address.

But enough about me. Let’s talk about you. What do you think is really going on here? Press PLAY above to watch an exclusive first look at the scene in question, and then deposit your theories in the comments.

1. postitbreakup says:

Michael, bb, “infantile” not “infinity-tile” or however you spelled it

2. Luis Roman says:

Dare we think he’s becoming a real boy?

• June says:

Clearly Sheldon is so happy now after “stretching” to allow another into his life, that parts of him that previously could only focus tightly on himself can now relax as his mind opens and expands to others and their situations and needs. Notice, though, that he still applies logic to the situation!

• June says:

I LOved your comment!!! Really funny and great!

3. lizzie says:

Could Amy REALLY be giving him medication?

4. James Richard Sampson says:

Another indication that the writers are incapable of writing Leonard and Penny by themselves, unless they are fighting. Even their two weddings were interrupted by Sheldon. I was trying to stay through the end of this year, but if Raj has really moved in, it’s an indication he has replaced Sheldon in the middle of Lenny’s marriage. I’ve been a fan since the first episode, but I’ve reached my limit. I’m done and won’t care if they renew what has become the Sheldon show.

5. Mary McDowell says:

Sheldon is finally growing up! It’s about time. I’ve never understood why these guys who all have Ph.Ds (except for Penny and Howard) have to have roommates anyway. Penny worked as a waitress at The Cheesecake Factory but could afford her own place. What gives?

• Collette says:

One needs to dispense with logic when watching TBBT. Penny’s apartment overhangs the street. It must since the stairs are right there. The guys bought the couch from someone on the first floor who was moving out. There are no apartments on the first floor. They never lock the door when leaving and people come and go without keys yet both Penny and Sheldon have been locked out. Deus ex machina.

6. April Simkins says:

The very last show should have them all walking in the hallway, the elevator doors open, and someone exits it, and they just all look at each other and shrug and continue down the steps

7. Dawn says:

I love Big Bang no matter what
    Best show ever!!

• Collette says:

Definitely top 10. M*A*S*H is still #1 for me.

• Mike Byrnes says:

Agreed!!! By some of the elaborate comments left I wonder some have forgotten it’s a SHOW…although this is the first of very few sitcoms that have an inviting way of sucking you in emotionally😉

8. Lisa Echerd says:

One thing I always liked about this site was how I could read an article without being assaulted by video I didn’t want to hear. Now I’m getting two video ads playing at once!

9. Mohamed H khan says:

Great comedy. Sheldon is good.

10. Collette says:

They’ve painted themselves into a corner with a baby we never see and a dog whose whereabouts needs to be explained. They can’t always be sleeping in their crib or crate.

11. Gramma V says:

Beverly-but-in-ski’s suggesting that both couples had problems really irked me. I know she’s supposed to be a know-it-all but her opinions were under informed a way off base…………

• TV Gord says:

And therein lies the comedy. The idea of an emotional unavailable woman drawing conclusions about relationships is supposed to be funny and not taken so seriously that you should be irked

12. marion phillips says: