Ratings: Taken Slips 25 Percent in Week 2, 24: Legacy Goes Fractional

NBC’s Taken in Week 2 drew 6.1 million total viewers and a 1.2 demo rating (per finals), slipping 19 and 25 percent from its strong premiere.

Opening NBC’s Monday, The Voice (12.1 mil/2.7) was down 7 and 13 percent week-to-week.

Over on ABC, The Bachelor (7.1 mil/2.2) dipped two tenths, while the “Women Tell All” special (5.9 mil/1.8) dropped 21 and 18 percent from last season.

Fox’s 24: Legacy (3.8 mil/0.9) ticked down, while APB (3.5 mil/0.8) was steady.

The CW’s Supergirl (2.17 mil/0.7) and CBS’ Superior Donuts (6.1 mil/1.2) were steady.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Wrstlgirl says:

I’m enjoying Taken but I’m not comparing it to the movie. I’m just seeing it for what it is and it’s pretty good. Still loving 24 also.

2. Kevin Tran says:

Was last night’s episode of 24: Legacy the best if not one of the best of the series? Wouldn’t be great for the idea of a 24 theme park ride.

• Big Cheddar says:

I agree! It turns out last night’s episode was written by David Fury, so I’m not at all surprised it was good.

3. kmw says:

The drop of Taken isn’t a surprise but they still are doing ok. 24? Not so much. With the FOX execs lackadaisical support of it yesterday I don’t think it will be renewed after all. Huge disappointment for FOX given the heavy promotion it got

• John Smith says:

You can’t replace Jack Bauer. The lead actor simply doesn’t have the necessary screen presence to follow in Sutherhand’s shoes. Most shows end up being trial balloons for popularity. There is no real commitment any longer, which is likely why Sutherland opted for Designated Survivor. And I don’t think much of him in that role. It too got mediocre ratings.

4. The Beach says:

Taken feels to me like what 24 wants to/should be. I liked the first ep of Taken a lot more than I expected to. I have last night’s recorded to watch today. Still, 24 just isn’t 24 without Jack Bauer and Chloe and the rest and I miss that.

• Wrstlgirl says:

24 is awesome. Do I wish Jack and Chloe were there, sure, but this new cast is really bringing it. Last nights ep was ridiculously good.

5. KCatty says:

Curious if storm coverage in middle America affected ratings at all.