Amy Acker Mutants

Amy Acker Lands Lead in Fox/Marvel Mutants Pilot, Opposite Stephen Moyer

Person of Interest and Angel alum Amy Acker is set to play opposite True Blood‘s Stephen Moyer in Fox’s as-yet-untitled Marvel drama pilot.

Penned by Matt Nix (Burn Notice), the projects focuses on two ordinary parents (played by Acker and Moyer) who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Per THR.com, Acker’s character, Kate Stewart, is in the midst of a separation from her husband Reed when their family situation takes a dark turn. She in turn discovers that she is stronger than she thinks.

The cast also includes Jamie Chung (Gotham) as Teleporter Blink, Blair Redford (Switched at Birth) as the Native American leader of the aforementioned underground network, Sean Teale (Reign, Incorporated) as a mutant with the ability to absorb and manipulate photons, and Natalie Alyn Lind (The Goldbergs) as one of the Stewarts’ kids.

1. Lynn says:

OMG TV Line, I’m about done with this site. Seriously, the page is reloading about every 30 seconds now. I can’t even get through reading an article without it reloading. I and others have mentioned this before and you don’t seem to want to fix it, in fact as I just said it’s getting worse. No other site does this so I don’t know what’s up with your site but as much as I like it, the reloading is getting too annoying and you’re not the only entertainment site. I couldn’t even write this without it reloading and had to copy and paste it to here.

2. Dennis says:

Omg !!! Amazing. Will watch this. She’s amazing!

3. Lisa says:

Now im interested…

4. Jordan Davis says:

Amy Acker in this…omg so going to watch now. Happy to see her get a lead role she is truly a gifted actress.

5. I wasn’t interested in this at all but if they are adding Amy, I’ll seriously give it a shot. Maybe her character will live through the entire series this time.

6. Philip says:

Boy these Marvel Pilots are being cast pretty fast and with some great actors too. This one, the Inhumans and the Runaways one. I’m getting excited.

7. Joey Padron says:

Great casting. Happy Amy will be on the show! Marvel have been doing a great job on the casting for their new shows!

8. Kim says:

Is this the same cinematic universe as Agents of SHIELD? Are we supposed to forget she’s Coulson’s cellist?

9. Lame says:

Ever since her turn as root I love Amy Acker. Hope this works out for her.

10. Hank ronson says:

Amy rules long live team machine

11. Anne says:

FINALLY SHE’S THE LEAD OF HER OWN SHOW

12. tjchurch2001 says:

Nix + Acker/Chung/Teale = Good. Marvel is a nice add too, but the twist about the adult who learns about offspring’s powers & then learns she has some herself sounds cyclical, AKA like a bit too much.

13. Goldenvibefan says:

They also announced Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane/Polaris. I never in a million years thought I’d see Polaris in live action, but now I do. I’m way more hyped for this pilot than I was yesterday.

14. Jim says:

Great, now I have to watch it. Argh.

15. Sharon says:

Matt Nix! Amy Acker! Watching, definitely.

16. QueenB says:

Looks promising why hasn’t Marvel approached SMG for a live action adaptation of one of their properties

17. v says:

It’s good that they finally found the real superhero for this mutant series. Amy Acker is great. The ass-kicking lady hero from genre shows.

18. HAP says:

Amy is an immense talent. If you ever get the chance, check out Joss Whedon’s version of Much Ado About Nothing. Amy stole the show.