Supergirl Spoilers

Supergirl Photos: Will Kara's War With Cadmus Make an Enemy of Lena?

Supergirl‘s ongoing battle with Cadmus is quickly becoming a family affair.

New photos from Monday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c) find a serious-looking Kara chatting with Lena, one of the few people in her life she believes she can trust. And with both of their parents — Lena’s mother and Kara’s father, respectively — working to ensure Cadmus’ victory, wouldn’t it make sense for the friends to team up against them?

Then again, we can’t really be sure of Lena’s true intentions, can we? Despite assuring Kara how important their friendship is to her, Lena’s last appearance on the show included an eerie chess-based moment that suggested there’s more to her story. To paraphrase Lillian, maybe Lena is a Luthor, after all.

During a recent chat with reporters, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg recently teased Lillian’s master plan, saying that it directly relates to her “desire to rid the earth of aliens.” (It’s not much, but to be fair, I said “teased” not “revealed.”)

Browse the new Supergirl photos in our gallery — you can click here for direct access — then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Phillip says:

Oh come on! How many things more Lena has to do to people believe in her? Plus…pull a “Evil Lena” just because she’s a Luthor would be one of the biggest lazy writing that Supergirl could do (and tbh, this season has lots of it).

• Mary says:

Yeah it would. I’m hoping that Lena with the chess piece might actually be foreshadowing her involvement with Checkmate. That maybe they got in touch with her after she turned Lillian over to the police. That would help explain her being out of the picture for a while after that happened.

• Olivia says:

Yes it would be lazy and predictable so they’re probably going to do just that. I’m hoping for them to prove us wrong, sure, but the steady stream of bs we’ve been seeing lately is not exactly reassuring.

• Ws says:

Never trust a Luthor… of course she will eventually turn evil.

• Stacey says:

I don’t want her to turn. I love Lena and her friendship with Kara/Supergirl.

2. KET says:

I love it when flippant pretend ‘fans’ call an upcoming element “lazy writing”, when it’s in reality they’re already perplexed by the show not pandering completely to them. So many knee-jerk reactions in the last couple of weeks, because they can’t figure out where things are going on this show, because the second Big Bad of the season hasn’t even been revealed yet.

3. Superwoman says:

Have “supercorp” fans heard that Rahul Kohli is to appear on SG as Lena’s ex. His arrival will apparently stir up feelings in his old flame Lena Luthor

4. Just here to say how much I love this show. It’s my second favorite on the CW after The Flash this season. I had a hard time getting into it and now it’s one of the highlights of my TV week. Love Kara, J’onn, Lena and Winn so much! Still not crazy about Mon-El but he doesn’t bother me as much as he bothers other people.

5. Jason says:

I’m really hoping they don’t send Lena down the bad road. Mostly because it would be such a cliche. Just because you hire Katie McGrath, doesn’t mean you have to make her a villain. She just spent ages playing one on Merlin. I know those dark eyes and angular features make her well suited to the bad girl roles, but she can also project a great deal of warmth and empathy, especially if they ever let her hit you with that smile. She can play more than stock baddies and I hope they see that.

6. Evil Lena would be a cop-out. Kara desperately needs more female friends and female interaction. Lena needs to be that, not yet another Luthor villain.

7. fly says:

I hope lena will not be evil but after watching flash and arrow shows I am prepared not be shocked if it happens.

8. JMiller says:

How many times does “Lena is a Luthor after all” need to be mentioned in an article? Quit guessing about the one character (Lena Luthor) that brings people in to watch and start asking the hard questions about the character (Mon-El) that drives people away!

• coola says:

I understand your frustration, the producers gave a hint that Mon el had a secret earlier this season also I made a few comments that mon el might be a villain but most people were just interested in kara and mon el hooking up.