President Trump Joint Address

President Trump Addresses Congress: 7 Supremely Uncomfortable Moments

President Donald Trump on Tuesday made his first Address to Congress, announcing a “new chapter of American greatness” — while upholding the grand tradition of televised awkwardness.

To the president’s credit, the man speaking before Congress on Tuesday was a softer, more conciliatory Trump than we’re used to seeing. As NBC’s Chuck Todd noted immediately following the address, “We have not seen him deliver a speech like this before.”

But that doesn’t mean there weren’t plenty of moments during Trump’s speech — which focused primarily on immigration, jobs, healthcare and infrastructure — that left us feeling… uneasy. Below, we’ve highlighted seven such moments:

* When Trump expected a standing ovation for displaying American-made Harley-Davidson motorcycles on the White House lawn — and all but sought out a high-five from those in the front rows for having been invited to ride them.

* When Trump proclaimed that “education is the civil rights issue of our time.” (Silly me, I thought civil rights was the civil rights issue of our time.)

* When Trump needlessly gestured towards Nancy Pelosi during his rant against Obamacare. Meanwhile, Pelosi served up a veritable Emoji keyboard of appropriate reactions:

pelosi

* Perhaps worse than when President Obama got heckled by Joe Wilson at his own first Address to Congress, Trump was clearly booed by some upon announcing his plan for V.O.I.C.E. — Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement — a new government agency for “victims of crime” committed by immigrants.

* When Trump actually thought he could get away with saying “As the Bible teaches us…” like we’ve all forgotten that time he tried to quote “Two Corinthians.”

* When Trump — discussing fallen Navy SEAL Ryan Owens — told Owens’ widow, “I think he’s very happy now, because I think he just broke our record [for the longest standing ovation].”

* When half of those in attendance remained seated for the duration of Trump’s speech:

sitting

What did you think of Trump’s first Congressional address? Drop a comment with your stand-out moments — negative or positive — below.

1. Eric says:

Can you please link me to “President Obama’s addresses congress: 7 supremely embarrassing moments. If you didn’t do it you can take your liberal biased thoughts and keep them in your safe space.

• Angela says:

.You won’t find that list, because unlike Trump, Obama actually knew how to be classy and mature and presidential when speaking before a crowd.

• Henry says:

Try for some perspective for a change. The author, (like a few others here) has made no bones about how much he is against Trump. He liked Obama, hence God forbid, no such “moments’ would ever see the light of day. Like it or not, bias runs rampant here, remove your “I hate Trump glasses” for once and see it. I was a Bernie supporter, and it’s pretty obvious to me, it should be to you as well…..

• Angela says:

Yep, his bias against Trump is clear. So? It’s their site, they can put whatever content they want on it. And the fact remains that Trump gets headlines and clicks because of his behavior and comments. Plus, since he’s a reality TV star, that just adds to the attention he gets from entertainment websites, because politics and entertainment have clearly become so entwined now that it’s near impossible to separate them anymore.
          And once again, if the bias bothers people that much, they could just, y’know, not click on the article and read something else that’s TV and entertainment related on here. There’s plenty of non-Trump articles here to look at, too.

• W says:

I’m not disagreeing that they have the right to say and publish anything they want on their website. The TVline crew does a great job when it comes to reporting on TV and I have enjoyed this website for years because of their fun and loose way of covering entertainment. However as an independent who didn’t vote for Trump the constant need by this site and others to constantly go negative about Trump and his administration has gotten really old. It has gotten to the point that when I come here looking for an escape from the constant negativity and hate all over the internet, that I can only find more here. So yes they can publish whatever opinion they want, but I’m done. Hope you all continue to enjoy TVline. I wish the wonderful people here at TV line all the best. But I’m done.

• Rebecca Reiswig says:

Probably because Trump’s a woman, non-white hating douchebag who only became President because his pals in Russian hacked the election.

• Ben says:

This site is founded by a gay man. I don’t suppose it’s any wonder the site is liberal.

I’ve seen a lot of people misusing the word ‘bias’ recently. Having a viewpoint is not bias.

• Rich says:

Being gay doesn’t make you liberal. I know plenty of gay people who are conservative. There’s absolutely no requirement that if you’re conservative you agree with Republicans on all issues nor is there any requirement that liberals agree with Democrats on all issues.

• Ann says:

Having a viewpoint and then presenting that one viewpoint, even subtly through choice of words, is bias. This is an site about tv shows, not politics, so no one cares about what this writer thinks, politically. We do care what he thinks about tv shows from a critical, sometimes bias, standpoint.

• Mary says:

Obviously you do care because you clicked on the site that clearly was about politics. Nice try, but it would be more honest if you just say I don’t care to hear their viewpoint because I don’t share them. Oh by the way TVLINE stands for shows that are on TV. I believe the speech was covered on ALL the major networks and some cable show. Fox is bias therefore I never go over there, if all of you are offended I suggest you try that one.

• Lessee…by your logic, all gay men are liberals. Hence, applying the same logic, all white non-gay men are, by your definition, anti-black or racist. All gentiles are anti-Semites, all black men are anti=white, and all people who attempt to apply generalities vased on bias are idiots. Guess you fit right in there, dontcha, Ben.

• Mary says:

Simply solution don’t click on the site when clearly it is about #45. I am sure Fox has plenty of positive and no negatives. This statement applies to Eric also.

• Charles says:

he was SO mature. like chiding the supreme court with them sitting in the chamber with no recourse. yeah.. he was a real prince
        Please do your research before you post fantasy

• Mary says:

Actually Obama had plenty of awkward moments during any one of his speeches over the past 8 years, but you would never G-d forbid see the media point those out because it is their “precious Obama”. Also the fact that you are mocking VOICE shows how far gone you are. I mean are you endorsing criminal activity now?

• Brian Bauer says:

No one is endorsing criminal activity. They are mocking the fact that Trump is creating an agency that focuses on immigrant crime but for what purpose? SO that he can “prove” himself right by showing “How dangerous” immigrants are. When In fact, only a small percentage of immigrants commit these crimes. Why not form an agency that focuses on victims of ALL crimes.

• Lucifer says:

Illegal immigrants, there is a monumental difference between an immigrant and and illegal immigrant. Illegals actually do commit violent crime at an alarmingly high rate and very rarely are dealt with properly in the legal system. I find the upset over this agency ironic since most unhappy over it don’t seem to have an issue about there being a specific agency to prevent violence against women despite men being 85% of violent crime victims.

• Mary says:

Seriously, the media mocked Obama all the time, for that matter so did Trump. Were you living in a bubble. I believe we have Police and ICE already so VOICE is just another way to discriminate against immigrants. Sad really that you can’t see that. Nobody as far as I can see is endorsing criminal activity, need to get a gripe.

• ragnar51 says:

Gotta love the paid shills!

• Mary says:

Not immigrants. It is ILLEGAL immigrants!!! This is the key word.

• Mary says:

Speech said immigrants . That is beside the point actually because that is what we have police for in each County. Then if they are illegal then they get turned over to ICE. So sorry it is redundant and I still say it is another way to discriminate. Is he going to set up a agency for the black people who get shot by the White Nationalist when they are praying in church, or the ones who get shot in mosque for praying. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is a DUCK. You can’t be that blind.

• Hilly Holcomb says:

Classy…Obama’s from Slums of Chicago…She had the Class to hug the Queen…
        You must mean Trash.

• James Moore says:

And racist and accomplished nothing.

• Neil McFarland says:

Get it correct. Obama never had class. He was a fraud from the start.

He was the only president in US history to seal his records. He wanted to hide his past. Why, he is a fraud. He went to school on a Fulbright Scholarship. That is supposed to only go to FOREIGN students. If he got that by lying to the college and then lying and covering it up. So much for him having any class.

• kitsunesaru says:

To be fair, this isn’t a non-bias news site. They review and preview TV. So it really shouldn’t be surprising when they express their views on the things on their TV.

• Ellie says:

If you don’t like the articles on this site, that means… YOU need the safe space. Or does that term just not mean anything?

• Mary says:

I think the phrase was thrown back at the Trump’s supporters because they like invoke it on the left whenever they disagree with Trump. I guess when they use it, that is okay. I would call that double standard, or being a hypocrite.

• Kathy says:

Well, since this his website, I’m thinking you are the one that needs to find a ‘safe space.’

• Temperance says:

Trolling again. *yawns* Paid lackeys are so boring… and obviously paid.

• Braxo Braxoyd says:

Speaking of “Obviously Paid Lackeys”…are Applications available what is the pay Scale…? I’ve Never heard of such Bunk…But that would bee a Nice part-time Job…

• Mary says:

Laughing at your statement – I’m glad you have been paying attention to what the left have been saying all along regarding paid protestors. It is okay if you steal it. I think you meant be – unless you are buzzing around like a bee wanting to be swatted.

• Delirious says:

Has any other news outlet, entertainment related or otherwise, done that kind of thing in the past with Obama? I’d love to read those.

• Pedro says:

Just Go to Fox News. They did it daily for 8 years. You’ll have a feast.

• dancmh says:

Pull your head out of your ass and go to any archived Fox News website.

• Delirious says:

Well, TBH, I thought the obvious answer of “Fox News” wouldn’t be given, since all they do when there’s a democrat president is exactly that.

And I don’t mean it as “left wing media will always attack right wing presidents, and viceversa” half-assed attacks. I mean it as compared to what Trump is doing now, and how almost all media, including some of the traditionally conservative ones (see Shep Smith or Chris Wallace) is against Trump.

• A Veteran says:

Is there even a “safe space” for progressive views or anyone who has the guts to disagree with the current administration? Not if violent, racist, misogynistic hate spewers have their way and continue to whine and cry every time a less than flattering opinion about the wildly unstable character currently in office happens.So for now, go back to that Breitbart “news” thing if you need to read stuff that validates your opinion, sir. Respect Swift’s RIGHT to his opinion in this article and move on.

2. Mimi says:

I’m sorry but this guy leaves himself open for ridicule. When he starts acting like a president, maybe people will start treating him like one. Until such a time he is a joke and the whole world is laughing at America.

P.S. I gasped at this one too:

President Idiot!

3. Lenny says:

TV line, please stick with TV and entertainment, you are way too biased to be talking politics. I don’t come to this site to hear you rant about Trump, for that I can go to Salon or Huff Post. Stop it.

• N says:

Well this is on TV…. And mostly entertaining.

• Nik says:

Then don’t read it Lenny! You know, like the way I skip over BBT articles because I’m not interested in them. Easy.

• Angela says:

So don’t click on the article, then? The headline kinda gave you an idea of what to expect here, after all.

• SG says:

Editors,

Disregard Lenny and the rest of the people complaining about articles involving the intellectual deficit of the guy who is technically the president, commander of clowns. He is a former “reality” TV star and quite the arsehole throughout his career. He deserves to be ridiculed into oblivion, and, this being your site, is an appropriate place to do so. I skip articles involved anything relating to the bachelor, dancing with the stars, NCIS, and shows revolving around fire departments in Chicago and their spinoffs. It is quite simple. Carry on with your mockery. It is appropriate, and you can do whatever you want on your website. This is not a safe space.

• John NYC says:

Thst title fooled you eh? Silly words.

• Dysturbed says:

Your complaint is counterproductive because even though you only clicked to complain, it’s still a click, therefore playing a (albeit very small) part in helping justify the possibility of future articles that are similar.

The obvious thing to do is only click on the kind of articles that you come to this site for and, despite seeing the headlines, ignore the ones that you have no interest in, or no desire to see here. Just as a lot of tv channels have content that goes against what their name and initial purpose suggests, so do a lot of websites. It’s been that way for years.

Despite how the tone may come across, I have no bad intent with my post btw.

• Temperance says:

Eric the troll using a different name. Paid nonsense.

• Delirious says:

TVline, please don’t. It’s not only commendable, but also refreshing and awesome that a site like this, which we like for how they report and comment on tv-related entertainment news (if we didn’t, we wouldn’t be coming here on a daily basis), goes ahead and comments on the current political scenario, when it’s TV related – as this was televised. Do you expect them to not comment on the Grammys or the Superbowl, because they aren’t strictly TV-only stuff?

Plus, if their bias was towards the right hand side of things, I’d probably just think “I don’t like it”, and stop reading/visiting. But hey, maybe that’s yet another kind of “liberal” kind of thing people that usually rant about anti-Trump stuff complain about…

4. Jasper Whittenberg says:

It is hard to believe how far we’ve fallen in just weeks. It has helped so many of us understand how much our republic depended on men and women of good will, relevant experience, and appropriate education. We now realize that governing is actually an important skill that cannot be replaced or faked. Going forward, let us hope that we never as a country make this kind of astounding, dangerously ignorant blunder again.

The big problem with 45 isn’t merely that he is literally unqualified for the job; it’s that 63 million Americans felt that qualifications weren’t necessary, and that character wasn’t important. They were; they are; they always will be.

5. Coop says:

Policy aside, the presentation of the speech was highly effective. Not just with Republicans, but with Independents and Democrats as well. Looks to be strong consensus from pundits across the board on how good this speech was. I’m sure part of that has to do with how low the bar is for him in these type of settings. If the President would act like this regularly, Democrats in Congress would be running for the hills. Luckily for them, he’ll be tweeting stupid stuff in roughly 6 hours. Perhaps sooner.

• SG says:

He spoke about quite a few ideas that are quote liberal. I don’t expect him to lift as much as a tiny finger for many of them.

• Temperance says:

It was terrible as far as this independent pragmatist states. There is one thing that rolling disaster can do for the nation: evaporate. Now.

• Mary says:

Proof that when he stays on script and reads what someone with more intelligence has written, he can give the pretense of being sane. However; it is usually short lived.

6. Kevin says:

You do realize that there actually are some Christians who say “Two Corinthians” and the like. I didn’t know this until I heard it in a couple Christian productions that were filmed BEFORE Trump said it.

• S. says:

Don’t “you do realize” us. No nobody realizes it. Because it’s still BS and bizarre and you know darn well you had to go hunting for it out of desperation to prove your candidate wasn’t an idiot (and unfortunately it only proved it to you). No it’s not typical and calling it “Two Corinthians” sounds highly ignorant to most Christians. Not a chance Trump heard it in these productions or in any church. I don’t believe that he’s ever read the Bible. I’d be stunned if he even owned one before he decided to court those voters.

• Ben says:

I’m not convinced Trump is a Christian, but I don’t think a good case against it is ‘Two Corinthians’. There are plenty of Christians who say that all the time. The idea that you need to say ‘Second’ is ritualistic and entirely besides the point, the very kind of legalistic behaviour the Pharisees engaged in. It really doesn’t matter how you say it.

But, put simply, he does not and has never behaved like a man of God, and that’s much more telling for me.

7. iceblast says:

I wish TVLine would just stay out of politics. Just keep to tv shows, and leave politics out of it.

• Tt says:

ive actually been coming on here less and less and using other sites instead for just this reason. I thought maybe they would calm down after the election with all of it but sadly, so far, no. I miss how much I used to love coming here to learn about actual tv.

• John NYC says:

Plan B?

Don’t click on articles with political titles.

Problem solved.

• John NYC says:

Just like I never click on titles about reality tv.

SO easy.

• Katherine215 says:

But then you wouldn’t be able to tell us how unhappy you are with TVLine’s choice of content and expect us to feel bad that TVLine is no longer a “safe space” for you!

• PJnGA says:

Ah, but this IS TV, reality TV……It’s like National Comedy Hour every time that man opens his mouth! It is very entertaining waiting to see how he will make a fool of himself or this country everyday!

• Mary says:

News flash- You elected the TV Reality personality – Also the speech was on TV therefore; it classifies. The site is named TVLINE – not TV Entertainment only.

8. justsomeguy says:

All I can say is I hope people go out and vote. We’ve got a long, long time to go until the next presidential election. Hopefully WW3 hasn’t erupted and turned the planet into a smoking crater in the mean time.

9. Bruce Wayne says:

Disgraceful display of disrespect towards our President Trump by elistist liberal Democrats many of whom would not even stand or applaud during the moment for the soldier’s widow.

• John NYC says:

The SEAL, meaning he was a sailor, who died during a mission Trump won’t take responsibility for and couldn’t even bother monitoring from the situation room and even recently had to ask how it had gone from the Pentagin rather than staying in top of it?

Chickenhawk move.

• Meg says:

Republicans did it to Obama for 8 years. Move on.

• Mary says:

I take it you didn’t watch Obama speech when elected or did the GOP disgraceful display and disrespect they shown for his 8 year run didn’t bother you. Hypocrite. Even Trump made a mockery out of that so no I wouldn’t applaud that. Seriously.

• AnnieM says:

They did too stand and applaud then. They *didn’t* applaud when Trump talked about taking away our healthcare. But soon after, they did applaud over the comment about lowering drug costs. I know there were other times they did or didn’t applaud, but those are the ones I remember most.

10. David H says:

Stop. Just stop with this garbage. As someone already pointed out, there were no post-game analyses of Obama’s droning, sleep-inducing rhetoric, but all of a sudden a speech before a joint session of Congress is considered suitable fodder for TV Line. Even liberal commentators on CNN have by and large praised this speech, even if they still have questions about how some policies will be implemented. There was nothing ’embarrassing’ about any of it. You, Mr. Swift, are the one who should be embarrassed at this desperate and pathetic waste of bandwidth.

• Mary says:

Actions speaks louder than words. Anyone can read from script but half of it is nothing more than a line of BS. Frankly it is what he didn’t say that should make everyone pause.

• Katherine215 says:

Yes, congratulations, President Trump, for spouting racism and lies at a 5th grade level rather than your usual 3rd grade level. Stringing sentences together that are more than 140 characters long is quite an achievement.

11. Trump says one thing but does another. Such as saying how important it is to live in safe communities while signing into law that which allows mentally ill persons to obtain firearms.

• Coop says:

Except that’s not actually what the law actually does. Also, it was supported by disability groups, the ACLU and so on. The idea that the SSA could potentially be able to restrict a right was laughable on it’s face. Throw in due process concerns and state vs. federal rights and it’s no wonder why it gained support all over the political spectrum.

12. Missy Kelly says:

Anyone complaining about lack of Trump support on this site please visit any number of website dedicated to making sure you continue to exist in ignorance and share your love there! Since I wouldn’t allow the idiot to take up space or time on my screen, I love that I can click here and find out what incomprehensible drivel he’s managed to spew.

• Jj says:

Trump’s supporters are the true snowflakes.

• Ann says:

If you’re getting your political information from an Entertainment site instead of real, more balanced sites such as NPR or Reuters, then I think you are part of the problem with the division in America. Celebrities and tv critics are not where you should be getting your world and political news information.

13. Chloe says:

I thought it was a great speech. Like it or not, he’s our President & I wish that both parties would come together & work for the good of the American people. And for the record, I said the same thing during the Obama administration & would be saying the same thing if Hillary had been elected. The bottom line is that ALL of these people should be working to help us!!

14. Jj says:

We’re witnessing the rise of fascism in America. We’ve seen this enough times throughout history to know how it ends. I realize Trumps’s supporters are uneducated (his words) and may not recognize history’s essential lessons – but we must all resist if America is to survive.

• Olivia says:

Agreed Jj.
      This utter cretin is your commander in chief. Time to realize that. For so many Americans still brandishing the WW2 MVP flag today like they were there, I see a lot of History-ignorant and dangerously careless people (hi, alt-right jackasses). No guys, your elders were the MVPs. Lots of you are severely uneducated. You are actually a shame to the memory and service of those who lost their lives on our European soil. You have learned nothing. Nothing at all.

• Mary says:

O Please. Relax! It isn’t the rise of Facism. Everyone needs to calm down and see how we can all work together in unity as ONE nation instead of just screaming facist, racist, bigot etc. at everyone you disagree with. Resisting isn’t really going to get you very far. He is our president that is the reality.

• Mary says:

You are correct he is the President, but many of us won’t stop pointing out the racist, bigot and yes policies that puts us not only back to the 1800 but stand to destroy what America truly is about. . Just look at some of his cabinet picks and if that doesn’t make you pause, then I would say you are the blind one.

15. breygi says:

I see a lot of people complaining about political content and saying you should stick to tv (which to be clear, this was). I just want to say I couldn’t disagree more. As part of “the enemy,” I respect any media that’s willing to stand up and speak whether it is silly, controversial, or something many disagree with. Free speech is important – even on entertainment websites, and censorship is a dangerous trend to partake in. Second, if it’s that upsetting, just don’t click. You’ll be okay. Signed, a tree-hugging, liberal snowflake

16. Pat says:

Here’s a novel approach! Instead of wasting all this time & energy on hate & division, you suck it up, and become more patriotic?

• Mary says:

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

17. cuius says:

A very clever speech – the show business aspects obscuring the same old message – we are going to spend, spend, spend, but don’t ask where the money’s coming from. So Trump has finally gone Presidential, because that’s the message that’s been delivered by every one of his predecessors, Democrat or Republican

18. Bark Star says:

* When Trump said America will soon be ready to lead the world again. YOU ARE NOT THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD ! That was not even true under a GOOD president. America ist not grown up enough to lead the world. Period.

19. Jason says:

Interesting because there were several powerful moments as well. It’s amazing how even with a message of unity the Democrats seek to divide. Their foundation is division and chaos so they indoctrinate more liberal lemmings into their fold. The fact they couldn’t get behind stopping drug addition is appalling. As a gay man and proud republican I will continue to fight hard against the progressive agenda until the day I leave this Earth.

• John says:

I’m sorry that you are unable to see how Trump’s administration doesn’t give two craps about you. Do you actually believe that they have any interest in standing up for gay rights?! It’s sad if you do.

• Coop says:

What’s sad is the assumption that one issue must define where an individual sits on the political spectrum.

20. On says:

I personally loved the speech

21. Sara says:

OMG! I cannot believe he had the nerve to say that to Owen’s widow! Holy Crap!

22. Charles says:

Perhaps worse than when President Obama got heckled by Joe Wilson at his own first Address to Congress, Trump was clearly booed by some upon announcing his plan for V.O.I.C.E. — Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement — a new government agency for “victims of crime” committed by (ILLEGAL ALIENS)

• TVFan says:

He never said anything about ILLEGAL ALIENS. The new agency will be to give voice to the victims of crimes committed by immigrants, legal or illegal.

23. The founder of this site (& A LOT of his followers) are BLINDED by PATHETIC ideology. Trump had a GREAT speech. Even hardline Liberal columnists are saying that, I don’t mind what stories are posted here (it’s NOt my site) but I NEVER saw anything like this when Mr. Obama was President. This is, to a slight degree, a news reporting site. Mostly entertainment but when there is times you cross over, do it fairly. It WAS a GREAT speech. If the media would stop suffocating him, you’d see he’s not the Grim Reaper you guys think he is. Now, with what I just said, let’s see ho much venom is thrown my way (I haven’t thrown any, this statement is NOT ripe with venom).

• Sorry for the darn typos and butchering of structure in place. I can’t seem to find a way to edit my post to correct the silly mistakes.

• Hmmmmmm...... says:

You are correct. It was a good speech. It was written well & read nicely. I’m just not sure how much of it we can actually believe. During the speech he called for support of clean air & clean water, when earlier in the day he signed a new executive order to cut regulations for clean water. My heart goes out to the family of the Navy SEAL. Trump’s off the cuff, nonscripted comments to his widow were disrespectful & disgusting. I also think that his continued applause at her pain & grief was very self-indulgent and he just kept milking it. I am surprised that it seems most people did not catch the statement at the end of the speech that we are all created by the same God. I bet there are some people that would disagree with that assumption.

• AnnieM says:

I am not a Trump fan at all, but I was thinking that the applause thing was more his not realizing that as long as he stood there clapping, everyone else would, too, that no one would stop until he did.

• Katherine215 says:

I’m pretty sure most analysts are saying it’s a step up from his normal twitter-driven drivel. Does he still count a white supremacist as one of his chief advisors? Yeah. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.

24. Frogtwanger says:

Trump managed to weave a few facts into his dishonest speech such as 94 million Americans have given up looking for work… which ignores that 92 million of those are seniors, children and disabled. Same old lies just delivered in a calm well rehearsed speech.

25. Ann says:

I really hope TVLine doesn’t turn into Entertainment Weekly where half their articles are about Trump. If I want to read about politics, I’d read news sites, not entertainment sites. PLEASE don’t turn TVLine into an extended arm of the Democrat Party, like Entertainment Weekly has done. I love TVLine too much to have to stop going here. If you must review presidential speeches, stick to the entertainment value like you have done in the past (best reactions, who looks like they’re sleeping, etc.) rather than injecting your politics.

• Mary says:

I really hope people stop complaining about what they post, that was on TV. I really wish that instead of complaining don’t click the article that clearly would offend them. I guess common sense is a thing of the past.

26. Pissed because it messed up all of my shows. Don’t need to hear that man’s lies.

27. larry says:

Just more liberal BS that the majority of the country is sick and tired of. I have no clue where you clowns come from and quite frankly do not care. Trump will make America better and those of you who don’t like it can just leave……

28. Elton schroeder says:

Perhaps the best speech ever by a president to the joint session of congress. He delivered it with dignity and aplomb. His messages were clear and detailed. No laundry list of self gratifying sratements like some of our past presidents. Inspirational.

29. Hilly Holcomb says:

It was a great Speech…
    Please remember he is Doing What The People Who Elected him Ask for…

• Mary says:

Remember a President is suppose to work with and for EVERYONE, not just the 60 million who voted for him. That is only a fraction of the total 318 million.

30. hildaholcomb says:

Who was the Democratic Congressman who Booed & Walked out…
    He Represents Both parties of his District…NOT his own Views

31. Wow, they REALLY censor you here. The post I had typed and sent wasn’t THAT bad. Still, apparently they are not posting it. If that happens to much, I will have to find a new TV news site. Crazy.

• How can I remove this silly post.My computer (please, no comments, I am not actually that hold) is acting up. I found my original post. Can anyone remove this for me?? Wow. It’s going to be one of THOSE days.

32. Inspector71 says:

Most media outlets were positive about his speech last night. This was just more whining from the snowflake crowd. They get offended about almost anything conservatives do.

33. James Moore says:

What does this have to do with TV shows? Just cause you don’t like Trump, you shouldn’t put your views on him on this site.

• Mary says:

Seriously, was the speech televised? Then it makes the cut. The site is called TVLINE, not TV shows or TV entertainment. DON’T CLICK there simple solution.

• Timmah says:

The overly biased viewpoint has nothing to do with TV. They could at least pretend to be somewhat objective.

34. Very disappointed in your biased story. Remember, if you are involved in entertainment, there is one thing to remember: DANCE, MONKEY DANCE”

35. Kim R says:

I didn’t watch the speech. He really said that to Ryan Owens’ widow? Oh my goodness, how out of touch with being a human can someone be? It is cringe worthy.

36. Soraya E. says:

What makes criminals who happen to be immigrants so special? What makes victims who happen to be victimized by immigrants so special? Victims are victims and criminals are criminals, there shouldn’t be any difference in that. What’s next? A special task force for people victimized by kids? Or one specifically for people who are victimized by someone of a certain age? I could go on…

37. Lucifer says:

You put pictures from The Walking Dead instead of Nancy Pelosi…

38. bob lee says:

I was trying to find out how many stayed seated when the potus was announced.

39. sunshine says:

Most embarrassing was all the women dressed in white and looking like a KKK rally. Someone made a huge mistake there.

40. K. A. So. Utah says:

I think president Trump was awesome period we have . someone in the White House that brings dignity and brilliance to the office period keep watching he will get more done then Obama ever could

41. alberttrotter says:

i really liked the trump statement about education “education is the civil rights issue of our time”