Vampire Diaries Series Finale: Damon and Elena Hug in (Yet Another) Teaser

Another day, another blink-and-you-missed-it preview of The Vampire Diaries series finale — not that we’re complaining.

The CW on Monday released the fourth official teaser from the long-running drama’s big farewell — airing Friday, March 10 at 9/8c — and this one features a full-on hug between estranged lovers Damon and Elena. (Think we can get #DelenaHug trending?)

With only two episodes left, TVD seems to have saved its biggest moments for last. In addition to Elena’s reunion with Damon, the show’s final hours will also feature Stefan and Caroline’s not-so-June wedding, as well as the return of Katherine “Queen of Hell” Pierce.

Hit PLAY on the new teaser above, then drop a comment below: What do you hope to see from the final two episodes?

1. MissEllys says:

Stefan’s sad smile makes me think he not only knows already that Elena is back but that he knows something else is going to happen….

• Wee says:

It means he’s dead

• Joe says:

Yep, probably. I think that was the plan from the start. In the pilot Stefan did say “this is my story.” So I think he was always meant to die. It was super obvious Elena and Damon would end the series and now that he’s mortal it only makes sense to end the show with his death.

• charlotte says:

He’s crying because like a lot of us he knows the show should have had Stelena as endgame. But, the fanwomen plec and dries ruined that.
      Yay, so happy this show got cancelled. Dullena will ALWAYS be remembered as the reason this show FAILED, EPIC FAIL

2. Jane says:

Yup, these two still got it! If it wasn’t for steroline nonsense I’d entirely enjoy these last episodes we have left

3. Julia says:

Yuck. I can’t stand them together.

• Sure, Jan says:

Yep. Klaus is soooo much better for Caroline. Klaus is so sweet. So giving. So psychotic.
      You can really trust a guy who frequently stabs has family members, compels someone to be a Ripper, massacres whole packs of werewolves, and occasionally drowns someone’s mother in a fountain.
      He’s PERFECT for Caroline.
      Really.

• Steroline Endgame says:

ROFL

• Ella says:

Oh good lord? And Stefan’s a saint? His body count is pretty up there. And how about how he was fine with Damon raping Caroline in S1 because it kept his attention away from Elena? TVD is an insanely misogynistic narrative so all the ships have issues. And newsflash no one mentioned even Klaroline.

• Jane says:

Stefan’s just younger. If the ripper had more time, he’d show Klaus up on their victims count. Even Klaus was taken aback with just how ruthless the ripper Stefan was

• Ella says:

Exactly! We’ve mostly seen Klaus/Elijah kill strategically while Stefan is pretty much unable to do anything else because of his Ripper-ness. They’re ALL vampires and have done terrible things. They basically committed vampire genocide in S4 by killing Kol – it was entirely possible that a lot of people in his line were like Caroline or the Salvatores and just trying to get by – all for a cure Elena didn’t even take. There are no good people on this show.

4. Gift says:

I think the Steroline nonsense is what I want to see now. if he gives up his life without a little happiness while Damon gets his happy ending with Elena where is the justice in that? so I’m going to be happy that he found that happiness with Caroline. can’t wait!!

5. Wanda Nabess says:

l really hate it that Vampire Diaries is going off the air ,l think they should keep it on for at least another 2 or 3 years ,,So we can build ourselves up for when they finally take the show off for GOOD Please do that!!

• Joe says:

You… Want to keep the show on for eleven years? You saw what happened to Supernatural, right? You’ve had eight years of this show. I suggest trying something else because that’s far longer than most shows get and really, it’s enough. If you need ten or eleven years to bring yourself to cope with losing a TV show that’s something you should look into. That’s not healthy.

6. Erica Smith says:

I want to see Bonnie get Enzo back. It’s not fair everyone get a happily ever after except Bonnie.

7. Stacey says:

Anyone else think it’s not Elena in this scene but Katherine. Remember Kat was a traveler when she died, wouldn’t be too hard to take control of Elena’s body.

8. ShailTVD says:

Yes seems like, Stefan is dead and watching Delena from hell (after killing the queen of the hell). But Demon isn’t a person who let go his brother so easily. He will make him return. We’ll have a happy ending. It has to be.
    Anything is possible! It’s TVD the most unpredictable supernatural drama. It’s painful that we are meeting the end soon. Let’s hope we’ll be seeing the cast in The original time to time. Especially Demon, who was never been there.

9. Jadon says:

Ultimately I think Caroline will stay a vampire and if the The Originals is picked up for season 5 she is going to move to that show. I can’t imagine Caroline returning back to her human state.

10. G says:

I think Stefan is telling the story as an old man they show him always writing in his diary or his grandkids are reading it and Stefan married a human who I dont know.

11. G says:

they keep showing stefan getting stabbed shot bleeding out get pumped with human blood so I think the cure is out of his body he’ll age normally

• Gilded Lady says:

If he’s bled out the Cure (which he should have) he wouldn’t age normally, he’d age rapidly like Katherine since he’s well over 100. The only one who will age normally is Elena since she was only a vamp for a year or two.

12. Karen Leigh says:

I’m another VD fan that always wanted Stefan to be with Elena. The worst thing they did to this show was have this long love triangle between the three of them. I was also upset that they put Stefan with Caroline (the absolute worst thing ever) sorry it’s just my opinion. I’m still a fan though due to my love of the character’s but it’s such a shame if Stefan ends up losing everything in the end…especially his life! :(

• Gift says:

Karen Leigh you re right, that will just be awful for his fans(me) they better find a better way to end it. That suits everyone.

13. Leona says:

As excited as I get about seeing all these finale teasers, please, no more!!! I want some bit of suspense and unexpectedness going into the final episode!!! They should have left the teaser at Elena’s voice asking ‘Why am I here right now?’ Ten second videos or not! I know I have the option not to watch any of them realistically but it’s next to impossible to avoid any spoilers on social media anyway so no point refraining! Along with the finale promo that will air after this weeks episode, I hope thats going to be it then. The last few episodes supposed ‘cliffhangers’ have had no effect on me whatsoever. Eg. Damon sacrificing himself to Cade; we knew he was well & alive in the next episode! I really hope the big death in the finale is kept under wraps until we are actually watching it right there and then!

14. Liz says:

Does anybody else feel weird about all these spoilers being released? With only 2 episodes to go, they are sure are letting alot of information out. This is the end, why are they trying to cater to fans now? First the SC wedding, Katherine, Elena, and now a Delena moment. Really at this point it doesn’t look like anyone is going to get the ending they want. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel that they are going throw something at us that we may not like.

• Jane says:

It’s most likely not Elena, but Katherine, they’d keep real Delena reunion for later without Stefan being there. And Steroline wedding looks peaceful but goes down in flames. Hence both spoilers are tricking us into a feeling that it’s all gonna work out for SC and DE