Blacklist: Redemption Ratings

Ratings: Blacklist Spinoff Starts Soft, HTGAWM Matches Previous Finale

NBC’s The Blacklist this Thursday drew 5 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating (in an earlier time slot, and per finals), holding steady week-to-week. Leading out of that, the Redemption spinoff premiered to 4.3 mil and a 0.8 (and a TVLine reader grade of “B-“).

Opening the Peacock’s night, Superstore (3.5 mil/1.1) was steady, while Powerless (2.3 mil/0.7) dipped.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (7.7 mil/2.0) dipped a tenth. How to Get Away With Murder‘s two-hour closer averaged 4.9 mil and a 1.4, matching last year’s finale (5.3 mil/1.4) in the demo.

THE CW | Supernatural (1.6 mil/0.6) and Riverdale (970K/0.3) each dipped a tenth.

CBS | Big Bang (13.4 mil/2.8) was steady, Training Day (3.6 mil/0.6) dipped a tenth, everything else ticked down.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. fernando933 says:

No!!!!!!!! Riverdale come on stay strong, we need season 2 and more

• Haz says:

I know I’m waiting until Riverdale appears on Netflix to continue watching it. I enjoy it but for me personally I prefer to binge watch that type of show. In terms of live television I prefer to watch comedies and shows like Lethal Weapon or NCIS case of the week type situation because if I miss an episode I won’t miss too much backstory. I also do not think the CW should have put it on Thursday or paired it with Supernatural. Thursday’s are crowded plus SPN is just not the right fit for it.

2. Eric says:

Riverdale is seeing some weak demo numbers, but I’m pretty confident it’ll be renewed. I know that here in Canada it’s a Netflix Original and I know a lot of people in my age group (late teens/early 20s) who watch it that way. That, mixed with decent social media buzz and the fact that CW signed a deal to potentially adapt additional Archie Comics titles in the future, makes me think it’ll survive that 0.3 for at least another season.

• herman1959 says:

Eric, you’re a master of understatement! They should send it to Netflix in the U.S.

• Eric says:

Understatement is my middle name. That or Robert, I forget. In terms of Netflix US getting Riverdale, it’ll happen a week after the season finale airs per their CW deal, so not too long of a wait!

• herman1959 says:

I know, but what I meant is it should be taken off of CW next season ,it can become a Netflix original like it is in Canada. The ratings here are too weak,even for the CW.

3. Wrstlgirl says:

I’m on board the Riverdale train. Really enjoying it. Redemption is okay but I don’t know if I’ll watch it every week. It really had no wow factor.

4. Penny says:

I’ll be more interested if Redemption can hang on to any of that next week without Blacklist as a lead-in. The premiere felt like an episode of the Blacklist without Spader, not all that enjoyable.

5. herman1959 says:

So, evidently there’s another side to the demo monster – evidently, most of the people watching Riverdale are under 18, that is the people who “don’t buy stuff”. Boiler, are you seeing this?

6. kmw says:

Well that is not a good start for the Blacklist spin off but then since The Blacklist is struggling it shouldn’t be a surprise. Grey’s still hanging on to those 2’s and nice that HTGAWM went up

7. Goldenvibefan says:

Nooo, I really like Riverdale. This last episode especially. I’m worried it won’t be renewed for another season. 0.3 in demo is weak.. Gah.

8. jj says:

Not surprised by the numbers at all. What do you expect of a spinoff (with leads whose acting is at best questionable) of a series that is hanging on by a thread even with the talented James Spader?

9. davido says:

Not surprised at Redemption numbers. Who the hell is Ryan Eggold, and he’s the lead? Snooze

10. Redemption starts at 0.8? They’d better improve on that or they’ll end up like Doubt. :)

11. Lynne says:

I’m not very worried about Riveedale’s chance of renewal. CW doesn’t focus on numbers as much as the other networks, or else none of their shows would last more than a season. And even if it doesn’t get renewed, they will let the season play out completely. Wont stop it dead in its tracks with episodes still left to air.