Six Renewed Season 2

SIX Renewed for a Beefier Season 2

Two weeks ahead of its Season 1 finale, History’s SIX has been renewed for a beefed-up sophomore run, it was announced on Thursday.

Airing Wednesdays at 10/9c, the military combat drama’s eight-episode freshman season comes to a close on March 8. Season 2, starting production this summer, will run for 10 episodes.

SIX is a captivating drama series that embraces our recent history, while being immensely relevant in the climate of today’s culture,” History president Jana Bennett said in a statement. “It has struck a genuine chord with our audience and we’re proud to continue to tell the courageous stories, both on and off the battlefield, of the complex lives of this elite military group.”

Season to date, SIX is averaging a steady 1.6 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating, while its audience flirts with 3 million in Live+3 DVR playback.

With the success of SIX as well as original series Vikings, The Curse of Oak Island, Alone, Forged in Fire and something called Swamp People, History has enjoyed two consecutive months of year-over-year growth.

TVLine readers gave the premiere an average grade of “B+” — how has SIX been since?

1. Wrstlgirl says:

Fantastic news!!

2. Alyse says:

“And something called swamp people” lol my dad watches that show, I’m not really sure what it’s about either though. I think it’s the one where they hunt alligators.

3. Kim says:

This is amazing news! I love this show and I was hoping there would be a second season.

4. Ray says:

I’m still confused if it will be the same cast or not. I’ve seen that the plan is different locations every season but what does that mean for the characters we are invested in now?

• M3rc_Nate says:

I don’t know how Rip could get back into SEAL team 6 (or the military at all) given his being booted out to begin with, but I don’t see how the rest of the cast wouldn’t come back. It isn’t like there is a ton of turnover in the SEAL teams, let alone Team 6.

• Wrstlgirl says:

I agree, but with how popular Walton Goggins is if he wants to stay I imagine they’ll find a way to fit him in somehow. That is assuming he makes it out alive. It really is a terrific cast they put together for this one.

• fatalsin says:

I know what happens but I dont wanna spoil.. cant wait for you guys to see the episode

• Goggins said in an interview with G.Q. that he died, and is not involved in season 2 at all. I didn’t think his wounds looked fatal in the finale, or that he died.

• joseph m coleman says:

Well I’m glad l finished watching the season before l read your comment. A spoiler alert would have been nice. Walton is the main reason l watched although the rest of the cast is very good. I’ll watch anything he’s in. His portrayal of Boyd Crowder in Justified was probably my favorite anti hero character of all time.

• DAVE says:

how do we know rip was booted out? i thought he left ? did i miss something that explained how he left?.
        p.s Rip can get back in team 6 no problem at all after all it is just a tv show LOL

5. texmike says:

Great show. It illustrates the complex lives of America’s military heroes.

6. lisa says:

I like this show a lot but I feel not enough happens in the episodes. I’m also confused about time in this show. Is it that common for these guys to go on a mission for what seems to be a day or two then come home?

• Gunnery sausage billy says:

Why are you asking questions about their routines?
      Are you working for the Emir? lol

• ScottishDave says:

Yes mate it is they are always on standbye so can move at a minutes notice and mission done debreif and home could be all in a days work lol, unless obviously they are out on deployment somewhere for a good length of time, serious guys same as delta, though being scottish i would have to insist our proud SAS are the best special forces in the world second to none,they have mega respect for seals and delta but only one can be the best lol.

7. Carlos Lee says:

I have enjoyed Season 1.

8. kathy finnegan says:

I’m so happy SIX has been renewed. I love it!

9. angela draude says:

Please make dominos Adam good he two good looking to be bad

10. angela says:

Please make dominos Adam good he two good looking to be bad

11. Cherie Groves says:

Glad six is coming back for another season. I give it an A, got the whole family watching it.

12. Gunnery sausage billy says:

Amazing show, with REAL stuff from today’s advanced combat realities.
    The boys and girls of special forces, represented on the show deserve all the praise and the show a second, third & forth show!
    SIX is one of the best shows this year. EASY.

13. Helen says:

I hope Walter Goggins is back. I loved his role in Justified and he is just as great in Six. Excited there will be a second season.

• joseph m coleman says:

14. Deb tomas says:

So happy!!! Great show !!!!!

15. Angelina says:

So happy to hear there will be another season very well done show. With so many good shows being cancelled its a breath of fresh air to see one that is not cancelled.

16. Rebekah says:

Love the show, was not expecting that ending super pumped for season 2!

17. Christina Heschel says:

Hurry up season 2…didn’t think I would like SIX as much as I did…couldn’t wait for the next show to come on now I have to wait til next season

18. Fran says:

SIX is excellent Series, can’t wait for season 2 .

19. joseph m coleman says:

Glad to hear of the renewal. Really liked the storyline and cast especially Walton Goggins l’ve been a fan of his through The Shield, Justified and now this.

• joseph m coleman says:

Welp my buzz was killed having just read someone wrote Goggins won’t be returning. I’m not 100% believing it as they didn’t actually show him fead so I’ll stay optometrist

20. Jrj says:

Nice to hear. Six is a good show, no over the top craziness, but plenty of action and six offers a story line concerning the women’s life as well.

21. Lester Shockley says:

I like ‘six’ better than any show on TV

22. JoAnne Costello says:

Absolutely LOVE this show!!!!! My heart is racing from beginning to end! Thank you for renewing, already psyched for Season 2. Walton Goggins is amazing in his role, as well as the rest of the cast. As a veteran, it’s quite emotional to watch.

23. DAVE says:

Good show is it to be the new UNIT

24. Sheila says:

Absolutely LOVE Six. Can not wait for Season two!!!!

25. Jerome Turner says:

Six is a true story/stories of our seal team members and other special forces that have given ALL and more for this country!! Trust me when I say this!

26. Harold Schmidt says: