Arrow Photos: Susan Williams Is Back on the Job — to Cover Oliver's Undoing?

Fresh off her firing, Arrow newshound Susan “Never Call Me Just Susan, But Call Me” Williams appears to be back on the beat in new photos from the CW series’ next episode.

In the Season 5 episode “Fighting Fire with Fire,” Oliver faces his biggest challenge yet as mayor, in the form of possible impeachment after word got out that he ordered Adrian Chase to cover up the Green Arrow-y details of Detective Billy Malone’s murder. What choice sound bite might the scandalized mayor have to offer his scandalized ex?

Elsewhere, Felicity continues down her dark path with Helix, while Diggle leads the team in a mission to stop Vigilante once and for all, after the, um, vigilante attacks Mayor Queen.

Want scoop on Arrow, or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Jennifer says:

Now That Susan Williams was fired she will want to get him back by watching him go up in smoke that would be real interesting if Susan Williams started working with Prometheus I don’t like Susan Williams her character but the real person who plays her is awesome I just don’t see the chemistry between her and Oliver sorry no matter how hard I try. Plus I would think Oliver would be mad that Susan was getting information on him being the Green Arrow while trying to have a relationship with him and it is so crazy that he is so trusting of Susan Williams he used to be a little bit cautious with people he trust and the fact she is a reporter. Do Oliver realizes that if Susan Williams Outed him She Out the whole team arrow he should what to try and keep his secret safe

• kath says:

This Oliver made at her???? I expect him to offer her a job to make up for Thea causing Susan to lose hers.
      I’ll be surprised if Susan is an ex now.
      The longer Oliver is around Susan, the few brain cells he appears to retain, and the more I’m disgusted by him.
      Making your lead character a turn-off for the audience is not a good strategy for the show.

2. wait… isn’t Chase the Vigilante and isn’t he aware of the cover-up?

3. Luis Roman says:

Maybe she’s working on that blog Thea told her she’d be lucky to have

4. Betty Boop says:

I want Thea and Felicity to team up to take Susan down again. That was fun.
    Is Susan Oliver’s ex now? I assumed that pointless and ill advised relationship would take much longer to die.
    I hope Felicity’s dark arc kicks up a notch soon and involves more than her just using the big bad USB. Maybe she could even, gasp, leave the lair.

5. Maria says:

This storyline is a so stupid. One of the worst characters ever goes to shady susan.

6. If Susan Williams has decided to work against Oliver, I don’t blame her. Especially after that ham-fisted way that Felicity and Thea had ruined her career. I don’t blame her one bit. That was really stupid of them. All they had to do was find a way to kill Susan’s story and not her job.

7. Susie Excell says:

Get Susan off this show…Kill her or something..Oliver is acting like her door mat!! and i’m getting tired of Oliver’s whining..He gets on Thea about the things she done,, But killing people is OKAY,, I used to like this show but this SEASON SUCKS..I don’t want to even watch anymore!!!!

8. Susie Excell says:

also, i’m glad they finally have giving Felicity some thing to do beside being Oliver’s cheerleader!1 i luv them when they were together they acted like equals now OLIVER is a big whipped wimp for Susan and the office of the Mayor job..HE TURN ON THE GREEN ARROW..