Lethal Weapon Renewed

Lethal Weapon Renewed for Season 2

Fox is jumping the gun with regard to Lethal Weapon‘s future, handing the rookie drama an early Season 2 renewal, for 22 episodes.

Lethal Weapon launched in September to strong reviews and a decent 7.9 million viewers and a 2.2 rating, which was on par with Rosewood‘s year-ago debut. Per Fox, once L+7 data was factored in, the demo rating grew to 3.2. Season to date, it’s averaging 11 million L+7 viewers across all platforms.

In a gun-punny statement, Fox’s entertainment president, David Madden, said, “Lethal Weapon continues to fire on all cylinders. Every week, it delivers a big, fun rollercoaster ride, but also remains touchingly human and genuinely emotional, and that’s due to the chemistry that’s developed not only between Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford, but the entire cast.”

Fox is on something of an early-renewal blitz. In the past two months, the network has also renewed Empire, Lucifer and The Mick.

1. Christian says:

That’s good news. This is way better than one would have thought.

2. Jess says:

I love this show.

3. Spikenalabama says:

This is GREAT news!!!! I was afraid to get to hopeful because I really like the show, which usually spells doom for the show!

4. Joyce says:

Great news!

5. Iris says:

Finally! Excellent news!

6. WooHoo! Such great news! I absolutely love this show! The chemistry between them is great!

7. Tru says:

Took them long enough to do song. I mean the show gets better ratings then Star and holds it own against the steep competition on Wednesday.

8. Tai says:

Yes!! I’m so happy right now. I was so scared to get into this show but I fell in love with it from the pilot and it keeps getting better.

9. Kevin says:

Is this the first time that a TV series based on a hit movie got renewed?

10. Kevin says:

No word on an episode count?

11. Chris says:

Finally took too long in my opinion.

12. Kathleen Gilbert says:

I love Lethal Weapon. I’m so happy to see everyone else does too.

13. gary l harms says:

Glad to see this is happening. Crawford and Wayans are the best cop buddies since Obama and Biden. Very refreshing and funny, terrific stunt work, all around entertaining show with a touch of a dark side.

14. Tracy288 says:

Great news! I enjoy this show.

15. Kevin K says:

I never saw this news coming. Not sure if the renewal of Lethal Weapon got mixed feelings about it.

• Michael says:

What are you even trying to say Tran? Does anyone understand you?

• Kevin K says:

What did I tell you like a million times. Never EVER type in the wrong name. Tran is dead to me because I always change the name and I still wish you NEVER EVER come back to this website and reply back to me. This is my warning to you Michael if that IS your REAL NAME or as WWE superstar Chris Jericho would say – YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!

• Michael says:

Haha!! You can change your name as many times as you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that you will Always remain Tran. I immediately knew that it was you. Noone can formulate nonsensical sentences like you do. It’s unique. You can change your name to Kevin, or to Nancy, or even Y2J, but YOU WILL ALWAYS BE TRAN!!!!!

• Says me! says:

Lol! You two sound like Murtaugh ang Riggs!!!

• Nancy Williams says:

If you are talking to me NANCY I don’t know you I wouldn’t deny it if I did So you definitely have the wrong person You might want to ask before you make any comment

16. Dee says:

So happy lethal weapon been renewed, amazing show

17. Billy meacham says:

Hopefully fox renews Gotham next

18. Haz says:

Awesome! I honestly did not have high hopes for this show, but was proven wrong. I’m actually surprised Fox waited so long to renew it. CBS should leave movie based reboots to Fox because Training Day is pretty much dead and Rush Hour started on life support.

19. Jared says:

Fox is on a role. Hopefully Gotham and Scream Queens are next!

20. grazelled says:

Great news! So good to hear that a rookie show I like this much finally gets renewed.

21. shar says:

I really love this show. So entertaining and emotional at times. This show and Hawaii Five-O are my favorites.

22. Kathy Holbrook says:

Lethal Weapon renewal is great news….Love this show and all the characters…thank you FOX.

23. Kerri says:

WAHOO! I absolutely LOVE this show!! I’m so excited!

24. This is my favorite new show and one of the better shows in several years. I’m also a huge Damon Wayans fan, but the rest of the cast is stellar. This is fantastic news!

25. Elizabeth says:

Woo hoo! This was one of those shows that started a bit slow but once it got going the episodes got better and better. Sure it is campy but that is what makes it fun – sometimes you just need a fun show to watch. The chemistry between the cast is great!

26. Superwoman says:

So I’m guessing Pitch renewal is going to depend on how well/poorly APB and 24L (and maybe Shots Fired) perform. APB seems to be dead in the water…and even though I’m enjoying 24L it’s dropping real fast, could be fractional by next week. I love both Pitch and 24L but I don’t see FOX renewing both.

• Chris says:

If those are the choices it’s 24 way more international appeal even if the ratings are the same as pitch buy the end of season 1.

27. So happy with this news! Such a fun show and Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford have great chemistry!

28. Roxie says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW and glad for renewal. But can someone please cut that one long piece of hair that keeps getting in the way no matter what Riggs is doing? It is so distracting.

29. Pure says:

So please.

Came to this show with low expectations but every episode has been wonderful. Especially last week’s episode with the helicopter.

Congrads to Matt Miller producer of this show and – the creator of Forever.

ABC’s loss is Fox’s gain.

• einat162 says:

I’m just glad Lucifer got renewed as well, pretty much the only show I watch since Forever got cancelled. Like you said, ABC’s loss is Fox’s gain- they seem to know a little better what their audience want (back in the 90’s they had a bad reputation, like ABC today…). I do hope Fox be smart and get those Forever rights from WB for a future project.

30. Christy says:

31. Cactus Rose says:

Love this show! Looking forward to the full complement of episodes. Wayans and Crawford have that “it” chemistry. Also, thanks for whatever you did to the page to stop the annoying pop up ads and jumping around. Nice!

32. albertj15 says:

I started watching Lethal Weapon from the start an to make sure I don’t miss an any of the shows I record the show, I sometimes have meetings to go to.
    I think that the show is better then the movies. The woman who plays Damon Wayans wife is excellent. An I think the whole cast is very good.

33. Anne says:

Oh yay!! I love it.

34. Jessica says:

Ao excited I love this show and I am so glad it got renewed all the actors are amazing on this show and Clayne Crawford and Damon Waynes are outstanding

35. MMD says:

Thrilled about this because I never ever bother with Fox shows and only discovered this because of watching Pitch (which I hope gets renewed as well) Love the chemistry between Wayans and Crawford (who gave a hell of a performance in Rectify).

36. Pat says:

I really love this show and I am so happy to hear about the renewal!

37. kmw says:

Good move FOX. This show has done well for FOX this season and deserves this but I hope FOX keeps Gotham as well. Gotham and Lucifer are a good pairing

38. jsm says:

Glad to hear it. I wasn’t sure about it then watched the first episode. It has just gotten better.

39. Well deserved! Lovely cast. Now hire them some decent script writers

40. opticalillusion says:

its about time fox renewed this wonderful show

41. Andy tremmel says:

Lethal weapon best show on TV!

42. Sarah D says:

Hip hip!

43. Sabrina says:

This is great news. I’m enjoying this show much more than I expected to when it was announced. I’m glad I gave it a chance as it’s my favorite new show of the season.

44. Karen says:

Way to go Fox!!!! Smart move. Very entertaining show. The writers could chill out on Riggs ‘ excessive drinking somewhat but I still enjoy the show.

45. Nan says:

Yeah!!!! So happy that this show is coming back! My husband and I watch it every week and we just love the give and take between Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford. Great plots, action and acting. What more can you want? Thanks for renewing it!!!! :-)

46. Tosyma says:

It’s great news! The show is awesome but please give Martin Riggs a haircut. His hair is annoying :)

47. Quincy says:

love the show, damon wayans is funny, the pair makes the show look great, the humor..wow its really cool. luv it.

48. Deborah Cugini says:

Love love love love love this show!!! Leathal Weapon is a great show!! Finale was Awesome!!

49. tom albert says:

Finally a show I can really get into,very entertaining exciting,enjoyable,smart,good writing directing,cast and great guest cast also. Crawford and Wayans are awesome…..Great interaction between them .. I love this show it’s like reading a great dramatic adventure book.guilty pleasure.