Exclusive

Chicago P.D. Sneak Peek: Ruzek Returns — But His Intelligence Spot Is Gone

During this Wednesday’s Chicago P.D. (NBC, 10/9c), Ruzek discovers that Rixton did more than just keep his seat warm at Intelligence — he replaced him!

Fresh off his undercover gig, Ruzek approaches Voight about coming back to work at the unit, but finds that his position has been filled. And there’s more bad news in this exclusive clip, which you can watch below: The Sergeant has no intention of bumping Rixton (recurring guest star Nick Wechsler) to make room for Ruzek.

“You left me one man short, with a bunch of people asking me questions I couldn’t answer,” Voight explains.

That means it’s down to patrol duty for Ruzek, who is not thrilled about the demotion after a run in Intelligence. “This is where I want to be,” he declares, to which Voight replies: “I’ll keep that in mind if something opens up.”

Press PLAY below to watch the preview, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Ruzek’s job situation.

1. Wordsmith says:

Seems fair to me. Ruzek went straight from the academy to Intelligence – he could stand to pay his dues a little.

• Sammi says:

He has paid his dues. He’s worked in that unit for 4 years, and doesn’t deserve to lose his spot to someone that’s been there for 4 weeks. He’s earned his spot, whether he was pulled from the academy or not. Luckily this only last one episode.

2. Staci says:

I mean I get it, he just left without saying anything and he did get pulled from academy. But Lindsay can bail, party, drink and do drugs, and still get her spot back.

3. T.W.S.S. says:

Rightly so. He deserves it and this is a good way to get the patrol unit more involved.

But I hope he, Atwater, and Burgess take their detective’s exams (if that’s what they’re called) next season.

• in chicago a detective is simply another name for an officer in a specialized task force.
      outside of maybe better pay & hours there’s no real difference in rank or authority, until they hit sergeant/white shirt (Platt & Voight)
      that’s why they’ve always been so much back & forth

• Sammi says:

I completely disagree that he deserves it. Other people have quit the unit, and were welcomed back with no punishment. So, it’s actually pretty hypocritical that he’s even being made to be on patrol at all. The storyline is only going to last one episode though, he’s back in intelligence next week for the crossover.

4. lilacrose82 says:

That doesn’t make any sense in the wake of Antonio’s leaving the squad. Rixon would fill Antonio’s spot and Ruzek’s would still be available. But it was completely ridiculous that the show didn’t follow Ruzek undercover considering that’s what Intelligence does, so I guess I’m splitting hairs.

• Burgess took Antonio’s spot

• Steve Sisco says:

Burgess took Ruzeks’ slot. Rixton was already there and he was handpicked by Voight when Antonio left.

• clarice83 says:

First, Burgess was promoted with the departure of Antonio, Rixon was only temporarily taking Adam’s place.
      Second, the actor who plays Adam needed some free time to shoot a movie, so they decided to incorporate the story of undercover work to justify his absence.
      Third, Adam will return to intelligence.

5. ShipCreek says:

Let’s just hop the next time someone quits Intelligence they get the same treatment.

6. Eric H says:

As long as Rixton isn’t added to the show full-time, Ruzek will be back in Intelligence.

7. Linda Payne says:

I have missed hiking. I want him back upstairs.

8. Laure says:

We dont wont ruzek back Kenny is the best

9. SFN says:

Ruzek needs to earn his way back, but no way should he be held out for long. Rixton just isnt as good and doesnt fit with the team as well. But i cant wait to see ruzek in a uniform.

10. Kellie says:

I liked having a couple of patrol officers in the mix on this show. Once Burgess got promoted to Intelligence we lost that connection to the beat cops. I really liked the female partner she had at the beginning of the season. Maybe bring her back and team her up with Ruzek!

11. Jill says:

Ruzek needs his spot back in intelligence. I don’t like Rixton and I will not be watching the show again until Ruzek is back in intelligence. Rixton doesn’t gel with the rest of the unit. It was bad move. Put Burgess back on patrol. She doesn’t gel with them either.

12. Hazel says:

sense Ruzek went from the academy . he doesn’t know how everyone else had to work the streets. he needs to be humbbled he needs to walk the streets.He thinks he can just leave and NOT tell anyone!! and he can just walk back in like nothing happened.I like the new guy better. all thats going to happen is there going to put them back together Burgess can do better then him. and she needs to work so she can detective’s exams.

13. Steve Sisco says:

Though Rixton replaced Antonio not Ruzek?? Awful short undercover assignment for Ruzek only to return and take Rixtons’ slot who just got there – puzzled!