Supergirl Alex Maggie

Supergirl Photos: Alex and Maggie Celebrate Their First Valentine's Day

Monday’s Supergirl (The CW, 8/7c) is delivering a belated valentine to fans of Alex and Maggie’s budding — actually, make that blossoming — romance.

New photos from the episode find “Sanvers” celebrating its first V-Day as an official ‘ship, despite Maggie claiming that the holiday makes her “want to puke” in the promo. (And what better day for a change of heart, right?)

Additional photos released Wednesday follow Mr. Mxyzptlk’s relentless pursuit of Kara, which — as Chris Wood recently teased to TVLine — does not sit well with Mon-El.

“Mon-El hates this guy,” Wood says. “He hates that he’s ruined [Kara and Mon-El’s almost-kiss], and he hates even more that this guy wants Kara to marry him and is trying to manipulate the situation into making her almost feel like he has no choice.” (I can’t say I disagree, though I think I’m really going to enjoy watching Mr. Mxyzptlk try — and presumably fail — to wed the Girl of Steel.)

Browse our gallery of new photos — you can click here for direct access — then drop a comment: What’s your current favorite Supergirl ‘ship?

1. Brian says:

The only romantic relationship on the show that has ever worked.

2. Phun says:

Kara looks very nice in the wedding dress.

3. Cody Drennen says:

Why are they a week late? I hate shows that shows their holiday special(rather it be VDay, Christmas, Halloween, ect.) after the holiday happened.

• Wordsmith says:

Writers usually break their seasonal arcs months in advance, doing their best to anticipate scheduling, but problems are going to crop up, particularly on a show that has to do crossovers – if those don’t line up, then everything falls apart.
      If it’s within a week, I say give them a pass. On the other hand, Legends of Tomorrow just aired their Christmas episode last week…

4. I’d like to see Kara and Lena get together. The reason none of Kara’s relationship’s have not worked is probably because she’s been going for the wrong gender. Not to mention, it’s obvious that there is undeniable chemistry between the Super and the Luthor.

• Wordsmith says:

I feel like Kara (and Melissa Benoist) can throw off convincing “will-they/won’t-they” sparks with pretty much anybody that the writers throw at her. Their problem thus far has been finding a relationship that is still fun and interesting once it actually starts to happen.

• LK says:

Why can’t two women just be good friends without it becoming something else? You hardly ever see that on network television.

• Olivia says:

While I totally agree with you on the lack of good female friendships on tv, you have to consider what is usually a no brainer for viewers when it comes to straight characters.
        Because if the same scenes, behavior and dialogues were played by a man and a woman, everyone would (rightly so) go all “oooh okay, these two are gonna dance for a while and get together eventually”.

Of course people see flirting when it happens! Unless one is socially inept, they have to realize when somebody is flirting with them. It’s no different when it’s two persons of the same sex. Surely you would be able to tell if a person of your gender was friendly or flirting with you (I hope so haha)?

Whether people acknowledge it or not, I’m pretty sure most of them see it, they just pretend not to because they don’t like it. On the other hand, LGBT people don’t have that luxury with straight pairings because they’re almost always backed up by maintext. You can’t deny facts, but you can deny intention so it’s super easy for straight people to dismiss same sex ships while the opposite is almost impossible. If Alex and Maggie weren’t canon, there would be people saying “you’re delusional, she obviously was into Maxwell” (or whatever male would fit the bill at the moment). Unfortunately for some, if things are not slapped in their face, if they “can’t see it” they’ll deny it exists. It’s a miracle I never come across a wi-fi denier at this point :P

Also ask yourself this: why can’t we have more healthy F/M friendships “without it being something else” (or at least considered)?

• TALISSA BARCELOS ROSARIO says:

@Olivia *slow clapping* I think they can get away with Kara being straight, but Lena was way too obvious. And I agree with you, all of Kara’s male friends have or had a crush on her at some point, it’s gotta be upsetting.

5. Jeffrey Sean Keith says:

I love Alex and Maggie. However I would like to see Kara,Mon-El and Lena together! Maybe Kara is bisexual, why should she choose!

6. Charlie says:

The show has unfortunately never managed to sell me any of Kara’s revolving door of love interests (not sure if I’m warming to Mon-el as her new LI or not yet. Honestly, I just want them to explore Kara as an individual more than giving her a LI arc every season.), but Alex and Maggie has been so endearing to me. Maybe because Alex has been my favorite character from the beginning and it’s been so heartwarming seeing her grow so much this season. And there’s just something so pure about Alex/Maggie! I just wish they’d explore more of Maggie as an individual character too, how cool would it be to have the NCPD integrated more and working with the DEO more?
    Anyway, this show makes me happy! Especially during these… dark times in our world. Supergirl’s been quite a source of joy.

7. Sara says:

Hahaha, so Maggie goes from “Valentine’s Day makes me wanna’ puke”, to this cheesy grand romantic gesture for Alex? I love it. And I’m kinda’ swooning just looking at those photos.

Can I replace my boyfriend (who did crap-all for V-day) with Maggie Sawyer, please?

8. I’m screamingg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG Alex and Maggie are so cute! Btw that new character looks interesting.

9. Diz says:

Awww. Sanvers is so sweet and romantic.

10. tracey f says:

It would be fun to see lena having a crush on supergirl and then trying to discuss it with kara
    and if maggie were ever to gear up with the DEO i could imagine alex’s reaction
    love this show!