Vampire Diaries Series Finale Video: Nina Dobrev Speaks in First Teaser

With Kai back on The Vampire Diaries, it was only a matter of time before Elena “Sleepyhead” Gilbert awakened from her supernatural slumber.

The CW on Monday released a 10-second first look (and first listen) at Nina Dobrev‘s long-awaited return for the show’s March 10 series finale: “What happened?” she asks herself as she gazes into the trophy display at Mystic Falls High School. “Why am I here right now?”

Hit PLAY on the finale preview above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below: What do you hope will happen when Elena returns?

1. I’m really glad they got her to do the finale! This show has been about her and the Salvatore brothers from the beginning. I hope it is a good end to the show.

2. John036 says:

I guarantee Elena looking into the trophy case is going to be of, if not, the closing shots of the show

3. Flashrow says:

I don’t think it is a real scene from the show. They usually do different scenes for the promos that aren’t exactly the same at the episode.

4. Kristen says:

So glad! Can’t wait to see her back and how they close the show😊

5. Jane says:

It looks like they may opt for human finale for Mystic Falls gang. If brothers sacrifice themselves and with Enzo gone, I can see Elena & Bonnie returning to normal life. But Caroline is a vampire and likes it, unless before dying Stefan convinces her to be human & take cure from him

• Stacey says:

I can’t see Caroline ever going back to being human. Since turning in Season 2, she’s been steadfast in her desire for staying a vampire. They even had her talking about her love of being a vampire in the episode 2 weeks ago. If anyone does take the cure from Stefan, I think it will be Damon, so he can be human with Elena.

• Jane says:

If Damon takes cure it’s not really a twist. Why Alaric in TO and Caroline isn’t there? If she was, they’d use her in S04 teaser but instead they went back to the whole “Cami’s so epic for Klaus” thing. There must be a twist for Caroline’s character.

• Stacey says:

There could be, but I don’t think it’s being a human. She’s the one character that loves being a vampire, that hasn’t changed once. And Cami is only a hallucination in one episide, 4×2. They could always bring Enzo back and he could take the cure and be with Bonnie. That’s a twist and Bonnie can get her well deserved happy ending. She still has that vial of blood, that will definitely come into play!

6. I hope they don’t botch her return. Please let it end decently… What’s the point of it being a VAMPIRE SHOW if they all return back to being human, just saying.

7. Stacey says:

I really missed ND, glad she’s back. I just hope they have a fitting finale!

8. Brandy says:

Spice it up! That trailer could have been so much more. I look forward to her return haven’t watched the show in a while but Nina slays playing Katherine.

9. DarkDefender says:

I’m still guessing full on reboot. Back to the day she met the Salvatore brothers. But she will take a different path or they never meet.

10. Karen says:

I love the show but not a big Elena/Nina Dobrev fan. I am glad that she is returning for the finale because she was an essential character (regardless of the fact that I can’t stand how Elena centric the show is). I’m actually hoping for a happy ending for Damon. He’s my all time favorite and he does well as a bad boy who hates the world but when he being nice and good something melts in me. I’m in a bit of denial about the show ending and am a bit sad that my guilty pleasure will be over. I just know if it ends badly it will bother me for a long time. And noticing that they guys all have formal wear on and the title of episode 15 is “We’re planning a June wedding”, I just hope it’s not Caroline and Stefan.

11. Brigid says:

I would love for it to end with Matt getting his wish of a Supernatural free Mystic Falls. Have Damon actually do something, like sacrifice himself for once for the people who constantly have to clean up his messes. That would make it a solid ending for me.