Celebrity Apprentice Winner

The New Celebrity Apprentice Finale Recap: Did the Right Star Win?

After seven weeks of fierce competition, Monday’s Celebrity Apprentice found Arnold Schwarzenegger breaking out his “choppa” for one last ride.

Of course, the drama didn’t start right away; the first half of the show’s hour-long finale was relatively smooth sailing, save for Caitlyn Jenner’s little traffic hiccup. It actually felt like more of a celebration, complete with performances from Wilson Phillips and Natasha Bedingfield. (It was her finest hour since she played at the Degrassi prom, if I can be real for a minute.)

OK, let’s talk about the last “termination”: At the top of the finale, TVLine readers were split somewhat evenly, with 59 percent throwing their support behind Boy George and 40 percent being in favor of Matt Iseman.

In the end, Team Boy George raised $445,925 in the final challenge, which sounds impressive… until you consider that Team Matt banked a whopping $573,329. That substantial lead certainly factored into Arnold and his advisor’s final decision.

After hearing each finalists’ reasoning for why they deserve to win, Arnold congratulated Matt, the new celebrity apprentice. (Oh, I just got the title!)

“You kicked some serious butt, task after task after task,” Arnold told him. “That’s what makes a winner, consistency.”

Did your celebrity of choice win it all? Cast your vote below, then drop a comment with your thoughts.

1. Melanie Mullikin says:

I have severe rheumatoid arthritis. I’ve had it for 13 years. I feel like the world does not know how crippling this disease can be. How it affects your organs,ligaments as well as your joints, muscles. There is no cure and the poisonous medications used to treat this hidden disease is so scarry. Just to try and control the disease. Hopefully they can use thr more eyes to bring more awareness about this hidden disease and make a safer medication to one day cure this disease.😊😊😊 GO TRAM MATT!!

2. trainerbt says:

Congrats to Matt! Over the history of the celebrity edition, this show has raised an incredible amount of money for charity, and has often been fun to watch. Sad that DJT’s continued association with it has probably killed it.

3. Missy Kelly says:

Well, if it’s “Celebrity” Apprentice than no because I have no idea who Matt Iseman is. Boy George should have won. He is an actual celebrity. just saying

• Eureka says:

You don’t win merely by being more well known, idiot.

• Reboot says:

I don’t watch the show and I know you are right, they are minor celebrities and it’s not a contest of who’s the more known. That said, you really should work on your inter-personal skills. Even people on the internet deserve respect. Just saying.

• rhayden5995 says:

Just because you don’t know who matt iseman is doesn’t mean everyone else doesn’t as well. He’s been a co-host of another NBC show since 2009 called American Ninja Warrior it’s one of the most watched shows every summer

4. Virginia says:

Great show, I’m just disappointed with the ending. Matt raised more money, but they both raised a lot of money. That was just a footnote. Boy George had an amazing connection, he had everyone up, dancing , feeling good. Clearly a special night. Schwartz thru George under the bus, and probably because he wears eyeshadow

5. JT says:

I love Boy George, but Matt deserved to win. He had energy and focus, and he DID THE WORK. Boy George laid back and let the OTHER people do the work. What would his final presentation even have been if it weren’t for Carson? What about that second-to-last task with Brooke Burke? She did everything, then he grabbed the mike and dazzled everyone at the last minute. Sure, that was great, but he didn’t lay the foundation — he never did. He was all sizzle and no steak, as the old saying goes.

6. Dyan Devere says:

What a bore! Like or hate Trump…his show had so much more class and such a better build up to the final winner. This was awful! Ahnold is awful! The show is now awful and meaningless. I only watched because of Boy George and his gorgeous eyes!!!

7. SG says:

America wins, now that this garbage is done, hopefully for good.

8. Twister says:

At least Trump considered the actual task not the entire season like Arnold did. The past tasks were over and done with…the best for the pictures…Boy George! The best entertainment part should also be Boy George! Of course Wilson/Phillips would perform because Carni was on that team. Boy George performed but went a step ahead with non competing Natasha…and WOW what a great show she gave! I will slways think Boy George got robbed for the win…this was suppose to be about the final task …not the entire season….

9. Tim says:

I thought Arnold was a great host and Matt deserved to win, but this was one of the most boring seasons ever!

10. Ro says:

I don’t remember Boy George entering the room and toasting Matt Iseman when he won. Did I miss something and therefore wrong about him not being there at the end of the show? Was he sent to the chopper even though he wasn’t terminated? Just wondering.

11. nofearpolitics says:

Boy George blew me away with his talent and Iseman with his work ethic. They both deserved to win and I had my fingers crossed for a tie. If I were in Arnie’s shoes, I would’ve made the same decision because in a race so close, it should come down to one concrete variable, in this case, the amount of money raised. This version of the show is even better than Trump’s because it seems relatively devoid of favoritism.