POWERLESS -- "Wayne Dream Team" Episode 103 -- Pictured: (l-r) Alan Tudyk as Van, Vanessa Hudgens as Emily -- (Photo by: Evans Vestal Ward/Warner Bros/NBC)

Ratings: Powerless, Training Day Tick Down in Week 2; Riverdale Rises

NBC’s sadly super-so-so Powerless this Thursday drew 2.5 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating (per finals), dipping 19 and 27 percent from its premiere.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Superstore (3.5 mil/1.1) was down a tenth. On the drama side, Chicago Med (6.1 mil/1.1) ticked down, while The Blacklist (4.9 mil/0.9) hit a new audience low while holding onto its demo low.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (8.5 mil/2.1) slipped two tenths, Scandal (6.2 mil/1.6) ticked down and HTGAWM (4.9 mil/1.3) was steady.

THE CW | Supernatural (1.73 mil/0.6) was steady, while Riverdale (1.2 mil/0.5) ticked up in Week 3.

CBS | Big Bang (14.2 mil/3.0) and Mom (7.6 mil/1.5) dipped a tenth, Great Indoors (7.4 mil/1.5) slipped two tenths and Life in Pieces (6.1 mil/1.3) was steady. Training Day (4.4 mil/0.8) ticked down from its premiere.

FOX | Leading out of the MasterChef Junior premiere (4.2 mil/1.3), My Kitchen Rules (2.5 mil/0.9) gained two tenths.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Alichat says:

Powerless didn’t air in it’s timeslot for my area (NC Piedmont) because of the UNC game. They aired it at like 2:43am…..so we haven’t been able to watch it yet in my area.

2. Kevin says:

Thursday nights hasn’t been the same year after year not because of ABC’s TGIT. Feeling bad about The Blacklist’s numbers going down but who knows whether the series should have a proper final season if it gets renewed.

• JCPrime1 says:

I don’t think it’s an if on Blacklist being renewed and I don’t think if it does it’s a sure thing it’d just be for a final season.

3. Brian says:

Wow, Scandal is going to fall below 1.5 soon. I do think the show has been better this season, but it looks like it’s going to join the list of shows that once the show fell off creatively the fans just never returned.

4. Max says:

Powerless is bad I had to switch it off midway through this episode. What were they thinking?

5. kmw says:

Not a great night for television ratings. At least HTGAWM held steady Poor Blacklist is really struggling . And FOX had a decent night for them, not saying much but still.

6. herman1959 says:

I totally forgot about Powerless last night, but I’m not surprised because the premiere was a dud. Too bad, it was a cut idea…bye.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

I watch it because it gives me something to do after The Big Bang Theory while I am waiting for Riverdale. That way I don’t forget to watch Riverdale.

7. Wrstlgirl says:

Love love love Riverdale. I just can’t get into Training Day. Doesn’t look like it’s going to last anyway.

8. Goldenvibefan says:

Riverdale went up, if only slightly. Good stuff. Even if it was a bizarre episode. Hopefully it can keep this pace the rest of the season.

9. Boiler says:

Well I have to say it again, why did they cancel Laura??? Put Elementary back on Thursday. CBS should just put some type of crap at the 10et period since their schedule is so screwed up no one watches it.

10. Laura says:

I *want* to like Powerless and there are parts of it I do (Ron and Van/Alan are by far the best characters to me), but as a whole it’s a bit lacking. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think it was just a generic workplace sitcom

11. Amy says:

I hope Riverdale is giving good enough numbers. It has a weird, unexpected charm to it.

12. Paul says:

I don’t know why people aren’t taking to Training Day! Bill Paxton is phenomenal as the Alonzo Harris type Cop from the movie and I like the twist too and how it’s a bit different from the movie proving Bill Paxton’s Character isn’t quite as far gone and wants to do the right thing deep down! Well written and I love it so far! People need to wake up and start watching Training Day plus it’s a CBS show the best network on T.V.

13. mooshki says:

I can’t figure out how Powerless even got picked up from that awful pilot.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

I guess because they already spent the money to make it they figured they might as well try to get some on that money back.

14. Watched two episodes of powerless I think that’s enough for me. Better off Ted was better.
    Plus NBC cancels everything I like. Time to preempt them.