SVU Ratings

Ratings: SVU Hits 4-Month Highs With No. 400, Criminal Minds Hits Lows

The 400th episode of NBC’s Law & Order: SVU on Wednesday night drew 6.8 million total viewers and a 1.6 demo rating, marking its largest audience since the season premiere and its highest rating since Sept. 28.

Bookending the drama, Blindspot (4.6 mil/0.9) was flat and Chicago PD (6.3 mil/1.3) slipped two tenths.

Over on CBS, Hunted (5.3 mil/1.2) ticked down some more, while Criminal Minds (6.7 mil/1.2) dipped 10 percent and a tenth to new series lows. Slipping two tenths, Code Black‘s closer (6 mil/0.9) was down 25 percent from both its freshman finale and Season 2 opener.

Elsewhere….

THE CW | Arrow (1.61 mil/0.6) tied its smallest audience ever while steady in the demo. The 100 (1.03 mil/0.4) dropped a few eyeballs while steady in the demo.

FOX | Lethal Weapon (6.2 mil/1.3) dipped a tenth, Star (4.2 mil/1.3) was steady.

ABC | Goldbergs (6.1 mil/1.7) returned down three tenths, Modern Family (7.2 mil/2.2) was down a tenth,  Speechless (5.5 mil/1.6) and Match Game (3.6 mil/1.0) were steady and black-ish (5.4 mil/1.6) rose two tenths.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kevin says:

Wonder if Code Black (show I never watched) should get renewed for a Season 3. Rob Lowe has been a great addition to the cast and I hope he stays as a cast member once CBS will make a decision on the series’ fate.

• KLS says:

Not sure how you could say he’s been a great addition (unless you like everything he does) if you haven’t seen it, but sending good vibes for a bubbleshow is always good. I heard that the finale last night could be a held up as a series finale as well. So, they may be prepared to end it.

2. Billy meacham says:

How is star getting less viewers but yet it has the same ratings as lethal weapon?? That doesn’t make sense.

3. Jill says:

I realized last night, that I was “hate watching” Star. Kept flipping to SVU, which was very good.

4. kmw says:

Wow not a good evening for some shows. I will be interested to see how ugly these numbers get by spring time. Good for SVU though it sure has been strong for NBC. I hope LW doesn’t drop much further because FOX really needs something to have hold to next year besides Empire

• Haz says:

Isn’t Fox looking at all platforms when it comes to ratings not just overnight? I usually watch LW every couple of weeks on Hulu where I’ll have a couple of episodes to watch during the weekend and I’m considered their targeted demo. I’m actually surprised I like the show as much as I do. I will say I do not think that Star or Empire is a good paring for LW, it would flow a little better with a dramedy.

5. jml says:

Does the count of SVU episodes include the produced-but-not-aired Trump episode?

6. Cas says:

Really do not like the new guy on Criminal Minds. Every time he talks I get bored lol.

7. Rich says:

How about your criteria for going up a tenth or down? I t doesn’t seem like very much. How about actual numbers?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Actual numbers are denoted in parentheses alongside each television program’s name (or “title”).

E.g. “Lethal Weapon (6.2 mil/1.3) dipped a tenth” means Lethal Weapon had been a “1.3 + a tenth,” or 1.4.

8. JC says:

SVU is boring as he11!

9. Kevin says:

Yay at The 100 held on to its rating!