Orange Is the New Black Season 5 Set for June Release at Netflix

The ladies of Litchfield are locked, loaded and ready for Season 5.

Netflix on Wednesday revealed that the fifth season of Orange Is the New Black will be released on Friday, June 9. The 15-second teaser accompanying the announcement gives us brief glimpses of Alex, Piper, Nicky, Flaca, Taystee, Morello, Cindy, Maria, Red, Gloria and a gun-toting Daya.

As you’ll recall, Season 4 of OITNB ended on a major cliffhanger. After Caputo announced during a live press conference that Poussey’s death was an accident, Taystee and her fellow inmates banded together and rioted in the halls. They were eventually stopped by psychotic officer Humphrey, who pulled out an unauthorized gun with intent to use it. After it was quickly knocked out of his hands, Daya picked it up and pointed it at his head.

Watch the Season 5 teaser above, then tell us if you think Daya will pull the trigger.

1. John036 says:

wow two of my favorite shows are coming back in the same month: this and Orphan Black can’t wait for summer break

2. Anne says:

I AM SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDD

3. Cas says:

I am excited. While I seriously hope they get rid of some of these gaurds though. They are terrible. And I hope Daya doesn’t do anything dumb. She has a child on the outside waiting for her.

4. Rebecca Allen says:

I am soo excited!!! Really hope she pulls the trigger,
    Cannot stand ‘humps’ Cannot wait! eeeeek! <3

5. Emily Smith says:

She can’t! I see someone stepping up to be her new ‘mom’ and talking her down, or baby daddy coming back and talking her down. (Please bring him back this season!) She has got to realize she is hormonal from giving birth and has a little girl who needs her mother out there. I also don’t think V is dead or they would have shown it. She’s coming back soon!

• Joey says:

…They literally showed Vee dead in her final scene back in season 2, or did you just not want to believe it? And since I’m bursting your bubble anyway, Matt McGorry left the show to join HTGAWM, and since he’s still on there, I would doubt he’s coming back to OITNB anytime soon.

• Vicky says:

Omg yes the baby daddy should come back and talk her down good one but she might shoot him for leaving

6. Victoria Alvin says:

I hope that she do not pull the trigger. Somebody kick it out her hands please!

7. em says:

So upset my girl died though. She was my favorite!!! But excited for the new season

8. Vicky says:

Hold the guard hostage and start making demands better yet get the TV crew in there get justice for her and start changing things make them listen no one should be treated that way get those guards fired were all human beings and deserve respect

9. Hailee says:

I think she won’t. I think another guard will come get it from behind and then she will go to Psych

10. Gwendolyn mitchell says:

I believe she will not pull the trigger but be shot dead as well.
    Or just badly injured.
    Just a feeling

11. Amanda says:

Yeah I think she’s gonna do it