NCIS Ratings Season 14

Ratings: NCIS, New Orleans Eye Lows

CBS’ NCIS this Tuesday drew 15.4 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating, slipping two tenths in the demo to match its series low.

Leading out of that, Bull (10.7 mil/1.3) was steady, while New Orleans (8.9 mil/1.0) ticked down to its own series low.

Elsewhere…

NBC | The Wall (6 mil/1.4) slipped to Tuesday lows, while This Is Us (9.5 mil/2.5) and Chicago Fire (6.8 mil/1.5) each were down three tenths.

THE CW | The Flash (2.94 mil/1.10 and Legends (1.89 mil/0.7) were steady.

FOX | New Girl (2.27 mil/0.9) was steady, The Mick (2.5 mil/0.9) ticked down to a demo low and Bones (3.04 mil/0.7) drew its second-smallest audience ever and a new series low in the demo.

ABC | The Middle (6.3 mil/1.5) slipped two tenths, American Housewife (5.4 mil/1.5) and Fresh off the Boat (3.8 mil/1.2) were steady, and Real O’Neals (2.8 mil/0.9) and SHIELD (2.13 mil/0.7) ticked up.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. WillBardon says:

Everyone is at lows. If cable has lost that huge of a percentage to cord cutting what do u expect to happen. Especially when live tv alternatives sling, vue, free cw app, cbs all access, etc are not included in any viewer ratings equations.

• Becki Major says:

Thank you!

• Becki Major says:

I’d much rather watch NCIS New Orleans than any other ‘version’ of the show!

I started watching it because of Scott Bakula, and there are few others on the show, including CCH Pounder, whom I very much enjoy.

I have never seen anything of the original NCIS, nor shall I ever.

If ratings appear to be low, one might think twice — about where the ratings came from,etc., or better yet take a look at the writing and production staffing!

One of my favourite CBS programs I really no longer watch due to the plummeting quality of the series and for many reasons, including “politics”, which I simply don’t need whatsoever. I know where the ‘off’ switch is and I know how to use it. I’ve left other favourite tv shows regardless of the network, and I don’t need television that much.

2. Kevin says:

Hope Bull gets renewed soon by CBS.

• Samuel says:

I’m not too worried about either of Bull or MacGyver… I’m hoping that Conviction somehow manages to secure a second season as well as The CW’s Riverdale.

• Chris says:

Bull and Macgyver for sure will be renewed, the Friday lineup on Cbs is doing great for them so it won’t be changed. Riverdale has the critics to keep it going and being in the cw is helpful so I’d say probably for that but conviction is done sorry to say that.

• Iakovos says:

Agree with your assessment. CBS seems to be the only web not to give up on Fridays and Saturdays. Heck we even got RANSOM from Canada for new content on Saturday! I think NCIS NEW ORLEANS is my favorite of the ‘family.’ I hope it is secure.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

ABC, NBC, FOX and CW all program fresh scripted shows on Fridays. And CBS has zero to lose putting Ransom on Saturday, it was practically free.

• Vi says:

Loving Bull! Riverdale has my interest so far and I do enjoy Conviction but do not think it will be renewed. Another show that’s a little different, which people ask for but then won’t watch. And everyone wonders why there so many reboots.

3. Collette says:

I could do without any more RJW [DiNozzo Sr.] on NCIS. And the Sherlocks were a huge disappointment. It would have made better sense for them to be a more sophisticated, genteel group. Jessica Walter was so-so but the other two were implausible.

• Haz says:

Also where in the world is the MI6 agent? He hasn’t been in the past two episodes. They have more cast members than they really need and brought in all these special guest stars. I hope they go back to the drawing board for next season. I’ve already stopped watching the show live and recording it, I’m almost at the point of waiting for it to appear on Netflix later this year.

• KLS says:

I don’t miss the MI6 guy at all and I am glad that story line has fizzled a little bit. Torres and Quinn are barely fitting in now and another new guy was unnecessary. This season has been very choppy, quality wise. I am hoping that the writers can reign the whole thing in a little more.
        Have they named a new show runner? I haven’t seen anything.

• Larc says:

I don’t like any of the newbies and think they are pretty much dead wood characters who don’t really fit. Unfortunately, the NCIS mothership seems to be headed downhill this season. McGee isn’t interesting without DiNozzo to play off and Bishop has always been dull as dishwater. The few remaining bright spots can’t carry the entire show by themselves.

• Collette says:

@KLS: I’m OK with Quinn but I have a hard time watching Torres without thinking Fez. I would have preferred someone like Michael Ealy instead if he hadn’t been busy with other projects. IMO the show didn’t need another quiet, broody guy we have Gibbs and McGee for that and Ealy has an open, bouncy style more like Tony had. As for the Brit guy, he was just wallpaper to me. I like that they’re featuring Jimmy Palmer more but you’re right it’s been choppy.

• suzi says:

For a while I had a hard time watching Torres without thinking of Handy Manny, but I got over it. I like Reeves (Brit guy), like all the new people actually, however last night’s episode wasn’t one of the best for me. I enjoy a fun episode , but this seemed a bit too silly.

• cuius says:

Think some scriptwriters have been reading David Baldacci’s Camel Club series. Suppose it makes a change from the standard half-dozen NCIS plots

• Vi says:

Wasn’t too fond of last nights episode either. Really not fond of the whole season. I don’t care for the new people, there too many characters. Should have just replaced Tony with one agent. Best episode this season was Palmers. Used to be a show I’d watch live, now I’ll just watch on my DVR when I have time. I’ve watched since JAG so this season is a disappointment.

• Snazzy says:

Yup – the last episode was dull as dishwater. I flipped the channel after about 10 minutes. Used to be a great show but it’s lost its way.

• Mike says:

I agree completely

4. Billy meacham says:

Damn why is nobody watching marvels agents of shield?? I think it’s been a improvement over season 3 so far.

• Chris says:

Can really blame people’s season 1 was ok season 2 took a step in the right direction and season three took four steps back I gave up last year and have no intention of watching again. You can’t expect to people to turn in for mediocre tv unless it’s on CBS.

5. Gerald says:

Since there is no place to vent about Legends I will do it here. WHYYY did they let Rip walk away at the end…. shoot him in the leg take him and the the piece of the spear. Don’t let him walk away with it. The characters on this show make bad decisions ALL THE TIME. It drives me CRAZY.

• claudiagail says:

I was thinking the same thing! (But I guess the writers want to draw out the Rip being bad storyline instead of writing something that made actual sense.)

• Rick Katze says:

I had the same thoughts. Unless Sara was physically unable having just been shot.

• R says:

Thought the same thing. I don’t think this show actually has writers, just a room full of people saying “wouldn’t it be cool if…” and no one there to tell them no. :(

6. Rick Katze says:

Actually thought NCIS had a very strong story this week. But individual weeks’ rating only matter when you see a trend.

• Collette says:

I disagree about the strength of the story line. I found it extremely contrived. The killer could have divorced regardless of his wife’s faith. And it’s doubtful that someone with his lack of moral compass would have been so emotional about the other woman and unborn child. With his wife’s long deployments he could have relocated to anywhere with agreeable divorce laws.

7. Bull was a very interesting episode. Show gets better every week. If only it wasn’t preempted so often. Really enjoying this different show.

8. fernando933 says:

ABC needs to be smarter for next season, get rid of the weaker rating shows like Sheild & The real o’neals. Move Blackish to Tuesday’s next fall leading into fresh off the boat and try a new comedy after modern family. Maybe even try one of the shonda shows on tuedays night maybe murder on at 10/9pm on Tuesdays.

9. Roberta says:

Love NCIS but the new gal that they hired sure doesn’t add anything good to the cast.

10. Leslie Dedo says:

The accents that they use for New orleans are awful. Lke chalk on a blak board. Turned it on on time an could not stand it

11. kmw says:

It doesn’t look like anyone had a good night. Always too bad that people aren’t watching Bones. Last night was one of the funniest one they have done in awhile. only six episodes to go at least their quality is still good

• KLS says:

I agree there were some funny moments on Bones this week. Having Hodgins back makes a huge difference. I stopped watching mid-season after his accident and subsequent bitterness, I know it was probably realistic, but I didn’t like seeing it. Having him, the intern/doctor and Aubry around for comic relief has made the show more enjoyable.

• Vi says:

Loved Bones, will really miss it when it’s gone.

12. Audrey Fusek says:

Always watch Bones, but opposite This Is Us , we have to watch one On Demand, and with Bones announcing it’s ending this season, watch it On Demand on cable..

13. Bonni Marion says:

Didn’t care for the Sherlocks episode on NCIS. There has been too many dull people added, never liked he Bishop character, McGee look cadaverous and has lost his appeal, I like Torres but give him some more rough, tough, action parts, not used enough! Quinn is so-so and I like the British guy, but he’s not used enough either! NCIS New Orleans has really gone downhill! First they got rid of Zoe, then they up the guy from the lab to agent, what? He was annoying as the lab rat, but he is so not believable as an agent! What were they thinking? And why is he getting top billing over Shalita Grant, she and Lucas are the best team. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!! Vanessa Ferlito is good, but underused. The storylines have also gotten mediocre! Wake up and smell the coffee or I fear you will be cancelled!

14. Snazzy says:

NCIS has lost its panache – I watched it a little last night and flipped the channel. NCIS NOLA still has some but I have lost interest. Bull is interesting – Michael Weatherly makes it stronger.

15. Mark says:

Sorry that was the worst NCIS ever its time to retire snr for good along with the new agents they just dont work

16. Diana was mentioned on last night’s episode as having seen the same characters on the wall as Eve did. But it is more interesting when they just go after monsters as they did last night, the sleep stealer…btw, don’t like Bull all that much…NCIS has lost sooo much punch with those useless newbies…