The Vampire Diaries Kai Returns

Vampire Diaries First Look: Kai Returns — Will He Undo Elena's Sleeping Curse?

Another familiar face is returning to The Vampire Diaries in its final season — only this one’s not quite as friendly as the others.

The CW on Monday released a batch of photos from the Feb. 17 episode (8/7c), featuring none other than Chris Wood‘s Season 6 villain Kai Parker.

With Nina Dobrev officially returning for the March 10 series finale, I know what you’re all wondering: Will Kai undo the sleeping spell he put on Elena? Sadly, your guess is as Wood good as mine.

According to the episode’s official synopsis, “Damon and Alaric come face to face with an old enemy after they obtain a weapon that may be able to destroy Cade.” (An “old enemy,” huh? Sounds like an appropriate description of Kai to me!)

As previously revealed (mostly via social media), Wood joins fellow comeback kids David Anders, Kayla Ewell, Michael Trevino and Steven R. McQueen.

Browse our gallery of Kai’s return — click here for direct access — then drop a comment with your hopes for the remaining episodes blow.

1. ninergrl6 says:

I love Kai! Best TVD baddie EVER

2. Tina says:

Waiting for Joseph Morgan return confirmation is like waiting for rain in a drought! Come on Julie we know he was there just throw us a bone!

3. Lola says:

Frankly I could kiss Kai. Best thing anyone ever did was put Mary Sue to bed indefinitely.

4. Hollie says:

Wow- Chris Wood is busy!

5. Ws says:

Now is it actually confirmed that all of those other actors are IN the finale and werent just visiting the set to say hello to old castmates?

6. Jason says:

I really don’t think they’re going to undo the curse. That would be kind of a cop out. It was a bold move. They should remain committed to it.

• LizLem says:

I’m not okay with Bonnie dying prematurely and getting cheated out of a fulfilling human life just to justify Elena’s reappearance. :(

Why did I start rewatching this show? Nothing but pain and frustration. lol

7. Jane says:

Do we have any confirmation that Nina is coming back as Elena and not Katherine?

• Penny says:

Kevin WIlliamson posted a photo of himself with Nina and Paul and after a fan mentioned that Stefan’s last words to Elena were, “I’ll see you soon”, Nina responded back that Stefan will definitely see his Elena soon. If that helps any?

• Peter Allan Ker says:

She could play Katherine as she may escape hell.

8. Maria says:

BRING BACK ENZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Kristen says:

Kai was a great villain- maybe even better than klaus since he never went soft or started crying all the time. Can’t wait to see him back!

• Jane says:

He did go soft and he was in fact crying like a baby after he merged with his brother. At the end he died a villain but this soft side is forever part of him, he just got it under control

10. DarkDefender says:

Somehow, in all this hype, I get the sick feeling they will pull a St. Elsewhere finale or somehow reboot back to before Elena met the Salvatores.

11. Karen says:

I absolutely love Kai! He was so much fun as the big bad. I’m definitely excited that he is making an appearance. I’ve been hoping for it. I also have been hoping for the Originals–not so much as a Klaroline thing (although I wouldn’t hate them together)–but more because those earlier seasons with the Sun and the Moon curse, the Doppelgängers etc are what made me fall in love with the show. Well actually that’s a lie–the first time Damon came in and said “Hello Brother” I was all in. But those early seasons were the best! As much as I was getting bored–season 7 was awful in comparison–I have truly enjoyed this season and am really liking all the old faces coming back.

And I’m not an Elena fan but I would like to see Damon get a happy ending because I just have a soft spot for him.

12. Dominique says:

kai was an amazing character and terrific villain. he was pure evil, not made that way through certain events in life like klaus had, but just born pure evil. and i loved it. i’m glad chris wood got the time off to film an episode (or two?)

13. Jess says:

I’m so excited to see Kai again. He was such a compelling character and really made season 6 bearable for me. Klaus, it’s your turn!

14. Oncer93 says:

Kai was such a great villain, if not the best TVD has ever had, i hope he will undo his curse, Bonnie should not have to die so Elena can come back, hasn’t she been trough enough, though i’m afraid Bonnie will die, just so Elena can come back.

15. Gift says:

How nice, I also love kai nd love to see him again but pls don’t compare him with Klaus really klaus is my favorite villain. you feel he is a better villain just Becos he didn’t go up against the Mikaelsons. (klaus). I like him nd I hope he returns a changed person not the evil we knw.

16. David says:

What about Jenna (Sara Canning)? I’d love to see her too!

17. Ansley says:

Kai was one of the best villains ever on TVD. In my opinion he was the best, his character was so interesting, funny, and Chris Wood is just amazing! So glad to see hes back!! He makes the show better and saved season 6.

18. Miranda says:

Kai’s head got chopped off by Damon, how is he alive?