Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Super Bowl LI: Patriots Come Back to Beat Falcons in Historic OT Game

Tom Brady and the New England Patriots overcame an early, 25-point deficit to come back and beat the Atlanta Falcons in the first overtime Super Bowl contest ever, by a score of 34-28.

With the AFC champs down 28-20 with 3:30 left in the fourth quarter, Brady led a 91-yard touchdown drive, capped by a successful two-point conversion that forced the game into OT.

After winning the coin toss, the Pats launched a game-winning 75-yard campaign, finished off by a two-yard touchdown run by running back James White. Watch it below:

Brady was named Super Bowl MVP for a fourth time, and is now the winningest QB in Super Bowl history (with five championships). Watch his speech below:

Last year’s Super Bowl, in which the Broncos beat the Panthers 24-10, delivered to CBS a total audience of 111.9 million. Do you think this OT shocker will top that?

1. Kevin says:

Can’t believe the Patriots would come back and rally to win their fifth Super Bowl title and the first overtime game in history.

2. Chloe says:

It was a good game but I can’t stand Brady or Belichick, so I didn’t like the ending.

3. Brian says:

Great game. Congrats to the Patriots!

4. lrdslvrhnd says:

I’m just waiting to hear how the Patriots cheated *this* time. I mean, down 28-3, come back to tie it, and then win in OT for a total of 31 unanswered points? I’m sure lots of people out there have theories…
    Because, y’know, it couldn’t possibly just be that they’re that good, right?

5. D.H. says:

sucks. I so hoped Trump’s team would lose. bunch of idiots.

• Chance says:

Yeah Brady is blond, blue eyed and has a foreign born wife, just like Trump. It must be trending. Bet that just eats you up, LOL. We’re back, baby.

• Amelia says:

So sick of this. I’m a Patriots fan and definitely NOT a Trump fan. In case you missed it during the Presidential election, the New England states went to Hilary. Massachusetts is one of the most democratic states in the country. People need a reason to hate. Sports are supposed to bring people together despite politics. You want to hate the Pats because they win and you don’t like that. Don’t make the mistake that Trump has anything to do with it.

• Stacey says:

Exactly, I feel the same!!!

• Kathy H. says:

I know nobody will believe me, but after all of the “deflate gate” mess, I said that it really pissed Brady off and that a pissed off Brady would be hard to beat. I live in Texas, but I’m glad that the Patriots won! I don’t know why people hate Brady, but you have to give him credit – he is one good player!!!

• Recyle says:

LOL at the irony of you saying that he should be given credit and then immediately calling him, “one good player”. That’s an insult. You can’t call the GOAT a “good player”.

6. v says:

The Patriots cheated there way to a 5th super bowl win ….