Blacklist Ratings Season 4

Ratings: Blacklist Dips to New Low, Training Day Has Fractional Debut

NBC’s The Blacklist this Thursday drew 5 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating, matching and ticking down to series lows.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Superstore (4 mil/1.2) was steady, the Powerless premiere (3.1 mil/1.1, average TVLine reader grade “B-“) matched The Good Place‘s January average, and Chicago Med (6.3 mil/1.2) was steady.

Over on ABC, Grey’s Anatomy (8.5 mil/2.3) and Scandal (6.5 mil/1.7) each dipped 10 percent, while HTGAWM (4.7 mil/1.3) slipped 14 percent.

RELATED Read Recaps for Grey’s, Scandal and HTGAWM

Elsewhere….

CBS | Big Bang (14.6 mil/3.1), Mom (8.8 mil/1.6) and Life in Pieces (6.7 mil/1.3) each dipped in the demo, though Mom delivered its biggest audience of the season. Superior Donuts‘ sneak preview (10.6 mil/1.9) matched The Great Indoors‘ premiere out of Big Bang and drew the second-biggest audience for a comedy launch this season, while Training Day (4.7 mil/0.9, “C+” reader grade) landed below Pure Genius‘ own premiere (6.2 mil/1.0) but matched its predecessor’s Season 1 average.

THE CW | Supernatural (1.73 mil/0.6) was steady, but Riverdale (1.15 mil/0.4) slipped 17 and 20 percent in Week 2.

RELATED Read Recaps for Supernatural and Riverdale

FOX | Hell’s Kitchen (3.7 mil/1.1) ticked down, while My Kitchen Rules (2.2 mil/0.7) was flat.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Ken says:

I’m really enjoying Riverdale (more than I thought I would) and I’m bummed that the ratings have dropped from a less than stellar opening last week. Will the good word of mouth and reviews keep it going on the CW? Or are we looking at a one season and done deal?

• Chris says:

Hopefully, it’s kept Jane the virgin on for three years despite less than stelllar ratings.

• Sasha says:

That’s actually not to bad of a fall. I feel it holds steady with a 4 or 5 it should be renewed.

• Katie T says:

I can see them keeping it if it stays around the 0.4/0.5 region. All 3 new shows this season on the CW are rating around the same level and I don’t see them axing all of them given they’re already losing TVD and Reign next season

• johnhelvete says:

Frequency (0.27 season average rating) and No Tomorrow (0.26 season average) were lower than the 0.4/0.5 range, I would think you are correct that Riverdale will be renewed if it stays in that range.

• brandy says:

From what I understand by what I’ve read, it all depends if it’s CBS owned or not.

2. Don J says:

Wow, Training Day was a bomb. That 10pm hour is snake bitten for CBS. I watched it and while it wasn’t good, I didn’t expect numbers that bad.

• Haz says:

Nothing fits in that slot. They need a dramedy to fill that hour. They go from four comedies to these dark shows. Elementary as much as it struggled there was a better fit.

• Austin says:

I thought it was good. It was a sequel and got all the important details out of the way, while setting up the rest of the show

3. Loren says:

Riverdale is stable. Just a good enough to average but stable week to week basis that will get it renewed.

4. Wrstlgirl says:

Not surprised about Training Day or The Blacklist. Really enjoying Riverdale though. Will CW give it a chance??

5. Lola says:

Riverdale is a fail. It may be on par with Jane and besting Ex(barely) but those two shows have a distinct advantage. Their lead actresses are golden globe winners/nominees. I think that matters for CW because it gives the network legitimacy. I still stick to the thought that CW will renew Riverdale though only to save face. Nothing like falling on your butt in front of the tv world. The show was pimped as the next big thing so CW will play and renew.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

JANE and CRAZY EX are also CBS Studios shows, affording them a bit extra “protection.” (The CW can’t only renew WBTV shows, gotta pay Dad some lip service.)

6. Robberey says:

The Blacklist season 4 is the worst of all. Was such a good series, but the whole season was ust boring until now and wont change. Season 3 was so good and full of twists, but the 4th is just foreseeable. they should not have picked up the 8-part spin-off, instead this should have been in the mothership series. A season full of a “who’s your mommy/daddy”-story of both Liz and Tom would have worked out, if they did it from the beginning, not the way they did. And now the not necessary spinoff starts 10 month after the pilot episodes.
    They really know how to bring a good series to the brink.

7. Kevin says:

The numbers for Blacklist is taking a turn for the worse and if the series gets renewed for a Season 5 it could get a proper final season. Last night’s premiere of Powerless was super funny in a good way.

• Walkie says:

No way it gets a season 5.

• Kevin says:

Have you not been paying any attention about what you read when I meant that if Blacklist gets renewed for a Season 5 it should get a proper final season? You’re such a wannabe critic like everybody else whether they’re right or wrong.

8. Samuel says:

Actually quite enjoying Riverdale, even though I didn’t anticipate I would.

9. Penny says:

Ouch Blacklist. But they have nobody else to blame but themselves. They shot themselves in the foot with 3B and it’s continued to go downhill since. Such a shame! They have got to be worried about Redemption right about now

10. Lynn says:

They better give the Blacklist enough notice to end it properly or renew it for a final shortened season. They ruined this show all in the name of a spinoff trying to redeem a secondary, unredermable character, Tom. He magically goes from stone cold killer/abuser to Mr Great Guy without explanation. Sure, he’s suddenly “in love”. Didn’t stop him from cheating on her, beating her up or leaving her to take the fall for a murder he committed until Red dragged him back. Liz is also unwatchable now. Who wants to watch a show where one main character hates the other one and blames him for everything every week. I used to love this show until the second half of last season.

11. kove says:

the blacklist it’s worst..hope to see redemption

• Lynn says:

I have no interest in watching the magically reformed killer/ wife abuser who ruined the other shows. Frankly I don’t know if I’d watch anything from these show runners again.

12. Cosmin says:

Riverdale is so so great. #RenewRiverdaleforseason2

13. hipper says:

geez, is there ANY 10pm show that does well for ABC? #freeviola

14. Iris says:

I don’t even watch that show, but I don’t understand why CBS doesn’t air CM: BB in the Thursday-at-10 slot. Original shows clearly don’t work here. It’s a franchise with decent viewership and no major casting change should ensure a certain steadiness and no fractional result.
    I would have been interested in Training Day because of K.Law, but the trailer was horrible. Another boys’ club show on CBS, yawn.

15. Walkie says:

Hope Blacklist is wrapping up the story. Zero doubt they are getting canceled.

16. Eric says:

CBS really needs to rethink their scheduling strategy since serious dramas after 2 hours of comedy just don’t seem to work on Thursdays. Think they should have paired Training Day with Criminal Minds and put Doubt on Thursday,

17. tallsy says:

Riverdale won’t be saved on critical favor, because it’s not going to win awards. It needs to stay where it is.

Even if renewed, I expect a showrunner change. You don’t start off a show with your main character in a subplot isolated from everyone else.

18. Lynn says:

Blacklist isn’t just about ratings though, they get a lot per episode from Netflix and it’s popular internationally. If they don’t give them enough time to wrap it up I will be upset with NBC.

19. Jared says:

Riverdale is so good I wish more people were watching it. Curious what the L+3 are but still confident the CW will renew it for another season.

20. HAP says:

The ultimate irony would be that Eggold’s spinoff becomes a hit, a The Black List gets canceled.

• Wrstlgirl says:

Then they’ll ruin it by bring over the Liz and Red characters to Redemption.

• Timetraveler says:

If Redemption would be a hit and Blacklist folds I would
        love to see Red join the new show…just don’t bring Liz over. She is the most annoying lead character I have ever watched!

21. dennis says:

I love Riverdale. Hope it gets renewed!
    Superior Donuts was HILARIOUS!!

22. Britt Fox says:

For as long as the Blacklist ignores the relationship between Lizzie and Red and leaves it just hanging there, the ratings will drop. At least by one.

23. kmw says:

Wow The Blacklist sure has fallen. Hope their spin off can work but with this show fading it is unlikely. Even with the dips TGIT still rocks

24. Goldenvibefan says:

I honestly thought Rivedale would have way higher ratings. It sucks to see it drop so much already, as I’m really enjoying it. I would love to have it stick around for another season, as most of the high school drama shows are ending this year, so I need this to fill the void.

25. Mark says:

The lead actress getting knocked up on the Blacklist and them having to alter the story for 3 b to suite has killed the series and rating well done Megan Boone she has done a Poppy Montgomery. And basically killed the show off.

26. penash says:

AFAIC Riverdale sucks hard, but its low last week might just be due mostly to HTGAWM. We’ll see.