The 100 Premiere Ratings

Ratings: The 100 Returns Down, Criminal Minds Matches Low

The 100 opened Season 4 on Wednesday night with 1.21 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating (per finals), down a tick from its Season 3 finale and average (both of which were 1.3 mil/0.5), and well shy of its previous premiere (1.9 mil/0.7).

That said, the apocalyptic drama improved on time slot predecessor Frequency‘s average (940K/0.3), while earning an average grade of “B-“ from TVLine readers.

Opening The CW’s night, Arrow (1.91 mil/0.6) added a few eyeballs while holding onto last week’s demo low.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Leading out of a steady Hunted (5.4 mil/1.3) after a several-week break, Criminal Minds (7.5 mil/1.3) ticked down, matching its series lows. Part 1 of Code Black‘s season finale (6.8 mil/1.1) was up two tenths.

FOX | Leading out of Showtime at the Apollo (3.2 mil/0.8), Star (4.1 mil/1.3) was up a bit.

ABC | Reruns!

NBC | Even more reruns! Everybody resting up for sweeps…?

1. Simon says:

I thought Match Game was a rerun last night?

2. Gerald says:

Arrow was really good. It deserves good numbers. Shame about the demo.
    Not surprised about 100. I gave up on that show years ago.
    Suits was my other show last night. It was pretty fantastic.

3. Kevin says:

Sad that the numbers for Criminal Minds went down. If the series gets renewed it could get a possible final season.

• bobC927 says:

I think the time has come for Reed’s mother to pass on. I absolutely hated Jane Lynch’s character. Also, were we supposed to think Reed was plotting to kill her?

4. Wrstlgirl says:

Code Black is on fire. Those who aren’t watching are really missing out. I’m really bored with Arrow, it’s just not the same without the “team” working together. Kinda like TWD when our original group are split up.

5. dave2442 says:

Would have watched The 100 last night, but The Magicians on SyFy took precedence for me. Vikings season finale on as well, tough time slot

• Wrstlgirl says:

That is a tough time slot for me as well. I have 5 shows on at the same time. Fortunately most of them are on cable so I look for the encores later and record them.

• dave2442 says:

I pushed Vikings to the later timeslot to record it. Ended up watching The 100 second, watching Vikings now, and still need to watch The Expanse premier too.

6. Wooo says:

Hope they cancel the 100 so that Riverdale gets a season 2.

7. kmw says:

Even with re runs it was good that Star went up. I don’t see FOX dumping it. Surprised that CBS didn’t do better considering all the re runs especially CM.

8. I wish Code Black hadn’t been set up againstt Chicago PD so people would have gotten into it. It’s such an amazing, amazing show. I hope it gets another season, even if again, shortened.

9. Billy meacham says:

Hopefully code black gets renewed for a season 3 even if it’s just for 13 episodes.

10. herman1959 says:

I haven’t watched Arrow this season (except for the 3-way crossover episode), so I’m wondering why the demo numbers have been so low. Any theories?

• Jared says:

In a nutshell..they filtered characters people actually liked into other DC series(Ray..Sara..Laurel..Malcolm)and brought on new characters nobody seems to like or care about. Atleast that’s my theory. Also the storyline this season is pretty boring.

11. Iakovos says:

TOO MANY RERUNS! In a climate where holding onto audiences is key, the repeat scheduling is repellant. I am rooting for CODE BLACK as it is a strong drama.

12. bellagirl008 says:

I honestly didn’t even know criminal minds was back it’s been off for weeks and there was no promo for it.

13. Olivia says:

Well this show will die if Lexa isn’t on it so this is hardly surprising.

• Radha says:

Oh really? I didn’t realize I had been watching just for Lexa. You know, since she wasn’t on the show from the beginning and all. Good to know. People aren’t watching because of her! Amazing. It couldn’t possibly be that the storyline in season 3 was not written well and they killed off Lincoln and did character assassinations on several of our main cast.

No, everyone is watching this show for Lexa only.

• Olivia says:

Actually Lexa really did affect a lot of people. I thought the show was very hit and miss before season 2 and only then I got addicted to it. And when Anya died I was not impressed but then Lexa came along and she was so amazing that I almost didn’t care anymore because we had her now. And her relationship with Clarke was so beautiful. But then in season 3, the show turned UGLY. For 3B it was so bad that I nearly switched off for good, Lexa’s absence was a major major blow. There are so many uninteresting Sky People that barely even utter 2 words that were so much more expendable. But yeah, a lot of people are turning off because of Lexa and they won’t turn back on unless she comes back. And I for one will always be loyal to Lexa who was probably one of if not the most popular character on the show. Literally, even people who don’t watch the show know who Lexa is because she is huge in her own right whereas characters like Clarke and Bellamy, yeah, not so much. Even in the supermarket the other day, no joke but I overheard 3 girls saying they are not watching The 100 anymore because it’s not going to be as good without Lexa and then they were talking about Riverdale. The show with the ahem ‘adventure squad’ that discriminates towards the popular grounder community has now become more miss than hit again and without Lexa, all you have is Bellarkers who will probably get bored of it anyway when the next show comes along with someone even more vain, hunky and charismatic than Bellamy Blake and, then this show will once and for all crumble on its knees. It NEEDS Lexa to survive and to salvage its damaged reputation whether you like that fact or not.

14. When was this article posted? Both yesterday and today, it says that TVline readers gave the 100 an A

15. As much as I will hate myself for saying this, I do agree about it being time for for Diana to go. I know she’s not all there, but she was absolutely hateful. I don’t know if Jane was channeling Sue or not, but it seemed like there was a bit of Sue Sylvester in there.