Emerald City Ratings

Ratings: Emerald City Dips Again, Sleepy Hollow Ticks Up

NBC’s Emerald City this Friday drew 2.7 million total viewers and a 0.6 rating, dipping on both counts for a third straight week. Opening the Peacock’s night, Grimm (4.2 mil/0.8) was steady.

Over on Fox, Rosewood (2.8 mil/0.6) was steady while Sleepy Hollow (2.15 mil/0.6) ticked up from last week’s series lows.

ABC’s Shark Tank (5.9 mil/1.3) led the night in the demo, matching its last fresh outing. Last Man Standing (7 mil/1.2) slipped two tenths, while Dr. Ken (5.2 mil/1.0) was flat.

The CW’s Vampire Diaries (960K/0.3) and Crazy Ex (600K/0.2) were both flat.

CBS’ Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five-0 reruns drew Friday’s largest audiences, each pulling 7.1 million viewers.

1. kirads09 says:

Hmmm. on Twitter at least people seem to be going nuts over the episode of Emerald City. One of the best – if not THE best thus far. West is a freakin’ rock star and MAJOR happenings for the storyline. TV Line only ever mentions the show to put it down. Still feel the viewing public really likes Emerald City even if the numbers aren’t seeming to play that out. IMO Nielsen has become archaic and not accurate because of other ways that people watch these days.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I included Emerald City as one of my Best New Winter Shows. I affectionately recapped the premiere (which earned an average grade of “B-” from the readership). I am including it in Quotes of the Week this Sunday. It has been covered in TV Questions (which by nature is critical/picky/snarky, to all), yet generates almost zero engagement there. I even stopped to make this boss screen grab of a cool moment, for this story.

Ratings reports are about objective facts, however.

• SAM says:

Where can Live+3 and Live+7 ratings be found? I will see news articles cite them, but inconsistently, so I don’t know how a show does week to week.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

With Live+7 DVR playback (which by law I must note advertisers pay little mind), Emerald City rises 44% in audience and 60% in the demo.

For comparison’s sake, Grimm rises 36%/56%, Sleepy Hollow 70%/67% and Vampire Diaries 75%/100%.

• Emme says:

Am I the only one thinks that’s going to come back and bite advertisers in the pants? The only way I’m able to see new shows is through OnDemand. I love Emerald City but being able to see it at its scheduled 8pm airing is an impossibility for me. Gave up on Grimm a couple of seasons ago for pretty much the same reason. Do the advertisers (networks too) still naively believe most of the general populace works bankers’ hours? No wonder Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu are doing so well.

• SAM says:

Thank you.

• Nancy says:

They didn’t put it down only gave rating numbers

2. Billy Bob Johnson says:

Of course Sleepy Hollow was up this week. Henry came back in a weird but wonderful way.

3. michelle says:

What a shame. Emerald City is actually quite good. Its on the wrong network snx time. Should of been on Netflix or something.

4. kmw says:

Good that Sleepy Hollow went up but still not enough to save it. Both it and Rosewood need to go. Poor Emerald City didn’t stand a chance before and definitely doesn’t now

5. Bobbie says:

Sleepy Hollow is back to it’s first season fun self, it’s sad that not enough people will give it a chance.

6. Jake says:

I’m actually one of those people who promised never to watch sleepy again and it isnt the same I’m really trying to like it. I’ve been catching up on saturdays on Hulu instead of watching it on Friday on tv. It’s decent enough but I have to admit I enjoyed this episode it showed ichobod lament for the lose of Abbie I thought the fact that Henry brought Up his crime of murdering Abbie was ichabod subconsciously believing he could have done More to have kept her alive. And the whole abblie words molly voice was bitter sweet for me because Abbie is gone and replaced. I think this episode touched on a lot of what people have felt through “Henry’s” accusations.

7. Boiler says:

Ah another NBC drama not pulling near the numbers of Mysteries of Laura. Don’t know who did worse this year, ABC execs or NBC. Actually they sort of all stink at the moment

8. S says:

Do you think Emerald City would have been more successful with a summer debut?

9. Sleepy Hollow’s bump up is only a response to it hitting the ground. It’s fairly clear that this will be it’s last season.

10. Tosha says:

The whole family is hooked on this show. Me, my husband, and teenage daughter. Hoping season 1 is not over, and that there will be a Season 2!!!! 5 stars!