Hamilton Super Bowl

Hamilton's Schuyler Sisters to Perform During Super Bowl LI Pregame Show

The Schuyler Sisters have compelled the Super Bowl to include women in the prequel.

Phillipa Soo, Renée Elise Goldsberry and Jasmine Cephas Jones — the actresses who originated the roles of Eliza, Angelica and Peggy Schuyler in Broadway’s Hamilton — will reunite to perform “America the Beautiful” during the live televised pregame show, airing Feb. 5 on Fox, the National Football League announced Friday.

In addition to their work on Broadway, all three actresses have their share of small-screen credits: Goldsberry, best known for playing The Good Wife‘s Geneva Pine, has also recurred on shows like The Following and Law & Order: SVU; Soo recurred in the second season of Smash; and Jones has guest-starred on Blue Bloods and Odd Mom Out.

As previously announced, American Horror Story‘s Lady Gaga will serve as this year’s Super Bowl halftime show performer, while country crooner Luke Bryan will kick things off by singing the National Anthem.

Will you tune in to see the original Schuyler Sisters sing for America? (I mean, honestly, how can you say no to this?) Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Mary says:

I will watch if I know approx. time they will be on. There is no way I am watching fox all day and if I remember correctly the pregame starts at noon or maybe they call that something else.

• Danielle says:

America the Beautiful is sung right before the National Anthem. I agree about all the pregame stuff, it’s way too much.

2. Lysh says:

Anything Hamilton has got me helpless. I’m there!

3. grazelled says:

I’ll try to catch it live but I’m sure there will be a clip of them singing online. Please TVLine, post a clip of these amazingly talented women just in case we miss it.

4. Steve F. says:

So… they’re not gonna throw away their shot? (I know, wrong song, but it needed to be said!) That said, I’m there!

5. matty says:

Um, Renee Goldsberry is best known (aside from Hamilton) for One Life To Live as Evangeline Williamson. A role that earned her back-to-back Supporting Actress Daytime Emmy noms in 2006 and 2007.

6. Wordsmith says:

Work!

7. Ronnie says:

Renee Elise Goldsberry with always be Evangeline from One Life to Live to me

8. Many are boycotting Superbowl commercials and half time, and turning off TV due to leftist politics. People don’t watch sports or movies for politics, and sure not to have a person’s individual and offensive politics shoved down their throats. Most men voted for Trump, and nearly half of the women did. particularly the kind that watch football. We do not care to hear this, so will be turning off the TV during half time and commercialism to help the NFL lose 10 billion on commercials, many are boycotting the game all together. If that bites, then blame the person who decided to politicize the Super Bowl, particularly by having Hamilton play there!

9. w dawes says:

Worst ever performance on pregame show.