Teen Wolf Midseason Finale Trailer Reveals First Look at Stiles' Return

He’s back! He’s really, finally back!

Following Tuesday’s Teen Wolf, during which Scott’s pack made a last-ditch effort to rescue Stiles, Dylan O’Brien’s character is very much alive in the official trailer for the Jan. 31 midseason finale (MTV, 9/8c).

Of course, Stiles’ presence isn’t the only reason this trailer is getting us excited. The midseason finale sets the stage for the final battle between Scott’s pack and the Ghost Riders — and don’t even get me started about that epic shot of Lydia and Sheriff Stilinski going full throttle at the 0:14 mark.

There’s also this shorter version of the trailer, which strongly hints that Lydia will (finally) return Stiles’ affections:

We’ll have more scoop and insight at the finale approaches. For now, hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. MK says:

Oh my gosh!!! I swear, they better not hurt Stiles….but, I’m very worried about how much he can be in 6B with his movie schedule. Got any details on that, Andy??

2. Tribal Mischief says:

Your Members we’ve lost and likelihood of return needs some updating.

3. Jacob says:

Waiting for when stiles and liydia see each other with baited breath

4. jovana says:

Stydia feels so forced. I liked it until it became clear after that kiss that Lydia just isn’t romantically interested in Stiles. Now they’re trying to rewrite history to make it seem like that was some big moment when she fell in love with him? No. She continued treating him like a friend, never hinting at more, she had other romances, and when he got together with Malia, she never got jealous. Having Stydia as an endgame is all fanservice.

• Daniella says:

Completely agree. I liked it better when they were friends and Lydia always made that clear with Stiles – at least the writers were true to that then.

It’s obviously being forced as it’s the final season (the S6 premiere was a major hint of that), but I don’t mind it. I do love their scenes together and Stiles was always so sweet to her so I’m curious too see Stydia as a couple.

• Ella says:

Well said. Such a disservice to the character of Stiles, the character of Malia, and the loveliness that was their relationship. Then again, this is Teen Wolf we’re talking about. It’s not winning any Emmys for good writing.

5. lisa says:

This season has been soooo good! I can’t believe what a good job they have done with not having full access to Dylan O’brien. I hope we don’t have to wait too long for 6B. I also hope 6B has more Scott!

I was never a huge that into Stydia and I can see how some see it as forced. But it is the last season so I get it. Kind of like CHris and Melissa, which I really like.

I like the way Malia is handling it. I’m still a bit confused as to if they all know that Malia was his girlfriend and not Lydia. Also, were Stiles and Malia together still? Did they ever actually get back together?

Anyhow, malia and Scott seems to be a growing fandom and I’m into it. It looks like the are trying to go there. They’ve been super touchy the last few episodes.

6. Daniella says:

Once again, the opening scene confused me. Felt like I missed an episode.

That whole stuff with the Sheriff was great until he disappeared.
    Such a let down. I thought he was gonna play a big part with Scott, Lydia and Malia after last week’s ending.

The rest of the episode started off great until it screamed FILLER:
    The Ghost Riders slow motion run ft Liam and Theo is equivalent to ‘stalling the storyline’.

Other filler ft flashbacks and echos:
    – Scott has the strongest connection to Stiles…I generally thought Scott opened a rift, I thought he was gonna be the one to do it.
    – Well it’s Malia’s turn!
    -Nope, now it’s Lydia because apparently both Malia and Scott saw that she had the biggest connection to Stiles LOL – they’re really pushing the romantic stuff for Stydia to happen.

Would have preferred Scott going last and he being the reason a rift was made.

To leave on a positive note: the flashbacks made up for this filler.
    The highlight was their ’emotional memories of Stiles’. I loved seeing them again, I got the feels. Also that preview…I missed you Dylan.