Ratings: Legends Improves Time Slot, While The Flash Returns to Lows

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow christened its new Tuesday home with 1.74 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating (per finals), off 10 percent and a tenth from its mideason finale but greatly improving on time slot predecessor No Tomorrow, which drew 800K and a 0.3 the last time it led out of a fresh Flash and mustered just 580K/0.2 with its week-ago finale.

Opening The CW’s night, however, The Flash (2.7 mil/0.9) returned down 13 and 25 percent, tying and hitting series lows. Hmmm.

Elsewhere on the night….

ABC | Leading out of a slew of sitcom reruns, Agents of SHIELD (2 mil/0.6) was steady in audience while holding onto last week’s all-time low demo rating.

NBC | The Wall (6.6 mil/1.6) dipped. This Is Us (9.6 mil/2.8) rose two tenths (to its second-highest rating ever), as did Chicago Fire (7.4 mil/1.8).

CBS | NCIS (16.2 mil/1.9) was steady, Bull (11.2 mil/1.3) slipped two tenths and New Orleans (9.2 mil/1.1) dipped a tenth.

FOX | New Girl (2.4 mil/0.9) and The Mick (2.8 mil/1.0) each ticked down, while Bones (3.05 mil/0.9) rose a tenth.

1. wrstlgirl says:

That was a fun episode of Legends.

2. Stacy says:

What were the numbers for the Flash?

3. JC1 says:

That’s about what Legends was doing in its previous timeslot – other than the crossover, it’s gotten 0.6s and 0.7s all season. But what’s going on with The Flash? That’s odd.

• jj says:

was wondering the same thing. odd that The Flash would be down so much.

• Chris says:

It really is, I think this season has been pretty good so far. It premiered to a 1.2 didn’t this year ? That’s quite a drop halfway through a season before daylight savings starts and ratings drop even more. Hopefully it can rebound next week, either way it’s a till doing pretty good for the cw

• Patrick says:

Flash has been good, but the show’s tone has changed so much. It used to be light and fun. As it got darker, it has gotten less enjoyable.

• ndixit says:

I’m assuming it has to do with coming back from a break. It had dropped several points last season too after the break before rebounding to normal levels.

• Ralph says:

The Flash had stiffer competition. Any show up against NCIS is going to suffer. We DVR Flash and binge watch all the DC/CW shows on Thursday morning.

• JC1 says:

The Flash has been up against NCIS since its very first episode in 2014. I doubt it’s just now going to cause a drop.

4. Joey Padron says:

Glad Legends of Tomorrow did well on their new night and timeslot, new episode was good and fun.

5. kate says:

It could very well be that the Flash has had such a sad energy this season that it left us with not much to look forward to. That is something to be said for ending a heart breaking episode with a WTF moment like Arrow did. I actually think Legends will slowly improve because it has this end of week feel to the show and at least twice, I thought it was Thursday while watching it.

6. Chris says:

Question to everyone who watches legends has it really improved this year ? I finished season but it took me about 3 months after it ended to actually watch the last four episodes, I just found it to be very meandering and had a lot of unnecessary and uninteresting filler. I loved wentowrth miller and dominic in it but couldn’t stand the two actors who played sheera and kofu. Should I give it another shot ?

• ndixit says:

Yes! Season 2 has been a lot more fun. All the problematic characters from season 1 were discarded and the focus is on humor. It’s very light and silly but it is enjoyable.

• JC1 says:

I think it has, but mileage will vary of course. They wrote out the Hawks and Vandal Savage, which in my opinion immediately improved the show 100%. Unfortunately they did also lose Wentworth Miller, except for guest appearances. Arthur Darvill was out for the first part of the season but has now returned. And Sara has taken over command in Rip’s absence, which is awesome and I am totally here for Captain Sara Lance.

• Chris says:

I could see captain Sara being great, I was hoping after his end last year that somehow they were able to bring wentworth miller back for most of the episodes or all, I’ve loved captain cold since day one. Probably has something to do with my love for prison break haha, thanks for the responses I’ll definitely give it another shot, I did enjoy parts of the first season quite a bit.

• it has improved. so has shield this year

• Mo says:

Yeah LoT improved so much it’s better than Flash this season. Just watching the 2 shows back to back really highlighted the difference. Even with basketball preemption in some markets Flash dropped more than LoT. That’s saying something. And all the Iris-centered & doom & gloom spoilers for the 2nd half didn’t help.

• Chris says:

I like flash this year, I like that it darkened up. They need to find the middle ground where the stakes are raised and it can be dark but is also still funny and light at times. I think the scale is to far one way at the moment.

• Georgia Madman says:

Iris, doom and gloom and Kid Flash have killed it for me. I like lighter Flash and darker Arrow.

• Ninamags says:

This! I find Kid Flash incredibly annoying.

Too much emphasis on Iris and Barry is single-minded in his actions to stop the future. Didn’t he learn to leave well enough alone when he went back in time to change things??

7. Iakovos says:

There are so many superhero shows anymore and they seem to be on and off and crossing over all the time. I am not a dumb man but this all seems confusing and truly overload in the genre.

8. Westen says:

did anyone else have audio issues with the flash on dish tv? It had no audio thru the 1st 20 minutes so I gave up and will end up watching it on the cw app

9. tvdiva says:

That episode of Legends was hilarious!

10. kmw says:

This is Us is a monster. This show doesn’t need a lead in at all. Surprised about The Flash but I bet it rebounds. Good for Bones, I will take what little bump they can get

11. Lynn says:

I’m ready to give up on the Flash. I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like Kid Flash. I also hate HR. Something has been off since the end of season one. I’m also getting pretty sick of all the super hero shows and movies. Talk about beating something into the ground, enough already.