Exclusive

Sweet/Vicious Video: Will Jules Tell All in the Underrated MTV Drama's Finale?

Imagine if Veronica Mars and her trusty sidekick Mac became secret vigilantes against sexual assault.

That could have been the sales pitch for MTV’s Sweet/Vicious, which follows rape survivor Jules (played by Broadchurch‘s Eliza Bennett), an unassuming sorority sister who teams with hacker extraordinaire Ophelia (Taylor Dearden) to pummel sex offenders twice their size.

Featuring the razor-sharp wit of Veronica Mars, the fight sequences of a superhero series and some of the best female friendships currently on TV, Sweet/Vicious wraps up its dynamic first season this Tuesday with a two-hour finale (airing at 10/9c).

For those who have been on the bandwagon all along, TVLine has your reward: an exclusive sneak peek from the first half of the season ender, in which Jules prepares to tell her ex Tyler that she was raped. Will she also spill about her secret pastime? And how will she react to Tyler’s own unexpected news? (If you’re new to the show and clicked “play” when you should be going to MTV.com to catch up, Jules and Ophelia accidentally killed his step-brother during a beatdown gone wrong. Eek.)

Watch the tense exchange above, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. TV Gord says:

I’m not exactly in the demo (male in my 50s), but I know and love enough women in the target age group that I am hooked on this very cathartic show! Go get ’em, ladies!

2. Steven says:

What are the renewal chances? I can’t handle another Faking It.

• Nathan Everett says:

Right!! If they don’t renew this I’m done with MTV after teen wolf is done.

• Rook says:

I think it’s one of the best shows to come out of MTV in a while, but it’s doesn’t have good ratings. I would love for it to have another season but……

3. Michael says:

It will be the saddest thing if this is canceled. More deserving of future seasons than most other shows. Brilliant. Second-saddest thing: I might miss the finale tomorrow!

4. DreamRose311 says:

So happy to finally see an article about this show on here!! It’s so good, it was such a surprise. Also I’ve been dying to ask people that also watch You’re The Worst how much they love Brandon Mychal Smith

5. Ian says:

*SCREAMS* So happy to see coverage now for this phenomenal show. Yes.
    It has to come back. There’s no other realm of existence.

6. Dave says:

I’d be shocked if this was renewed. Eye Candy was cancelled with double the audience and a much better demo. Stranger things have happened but it would be a real surprise.

7. Phil says:

For those who watch: does the series improve from the pilot?
    I watched the pilot for Eliza, but was extremely disappointed in the production value and direction. The show just looked… cheap. The premise is great and the leads are good, but I couldn’t get past the shoddiness of the whole thing. Does it improve?

• Ian says:

Oh god, does it. I beg you Phil. You’ll devour this show. Keep going.
      These actors, and this writing, and the fighting, and the soul and message of this show. I couldn’t bring myself to flaw this show at all even if I wanted to.

• Gern Blanston says:

I wouldn’t say that it got better. I would say that it stayed at the same high level. So, if you didn’t like the pilot I would think that you wouldn’t care for the rest of the series. It’s a shame as I think that it is one of the better shows on right now. Good message that is presented in a thought provoking way. Well acted. It shows multiple aspects of fallout from sexual assault without coming off as preachy or sympathetic towards sexual assault. But, if you didn’t like the first episode you probably won’t care for the rest of it.

• mscottveach says:

FWIW, I think the second episode is incredibly strong. So if you’re willing to watch another I would. And if you still don’t like it, then you can move on secure in the knowledge that it’s just a show you dig.

8. Jared says:

Yet another solid MTV series probably getting cancelled…

9. Nabila Mahmood says:

This is my favourite show to watch with my teen daughters. Relevant, sharp and Taylor Deardon( my new girl crush) is a standout. The best relationship on the show is between the two females. I would be really disappointed if this show was cancelled. Nothing on TV deals with the issues of consent better.