Power Rangers Trailer Offers First Look at Bryan Cranston's Zordon in Action

After 10,000 years — or at least a few months — of patience, fans on Thursday were rewarded with a full-length trailer for the upcoming big-screen adaptation of Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers.

Simply titled Power Rangers, the movie rehashes the origins of the original five Rangers — Jason, the Red Ranger (played by Dacre Montgomery); Kimberly, the Pink Ranger (Naomi Scott); Trini, the Yellow Ranger (Becky Gomez); Billy, the Blue Ranger (RJ Cyler); and Zack, the Black Ranger (Ludi Lin) — with a grittier edge.

In addition to our first look at the Rangers in full battle mode, this new trailer also reveals giant head Zordon (voiced by Bryan Cranston) and neurotic robot Alpha (voiced by Bill Hader), the duo responsible for guiding the Rangers in their fight against the evil Rita Repulsa (played by Elizabeth Banks).

Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers ran for three seasons on Fox Kids, from 1993 to 1995.

Hit PLAY on the full-length trailer above, then drop a comment with your thoughts below: Will you go (go) to theaters on March 24?

1. peterwdawson says:

Talking wall was an interesting choice.

2. Dennis says:

So pumped for this. Hoping it’s good!

3. brandy says:

I need to get used to Zordon, Alpha, and Rita looking differently (and weird that Rita is on earth), but I can’t wait. This show was my #1 favorite as a kid until that season where it was all in outer space.

4. Daya says:

See, I never believed they had super strength outside their suits in the original show, so that’s a positive right there.

5. Tribal Mischief says:

They are doing a lot of interesting things with a really really bad property. I know there is nostalgia love for it but man – that series was pure garbage. Like Go-Bots sleeping with Denver the Last Dinosaur awful. I feel like for all the spit shining there really is nothing that can be done for it to strive to be anything other than a Michael Bay joint.

6. Ian says:

I don’t know. It just seems so typical, so expected. I can still remember watching that original movie as a very young child, with Jason David Frank and Amy John and them, and Ivan Ooze and that song Trouble by Shampoo, and the Rangers turning into colored light and seeing their zord animals soar around them like Patronuses and earning their new upgrades on a different planet, and the movie ending with fireworks, like a real fantasy action adventure. It was magical. I loved The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
    This is just a 100 million dollar, 2017 beat by beat “blockbuster”.

7. J.B. says:

This new trailer seems to support the rumors about the film’s origins for Zordon, Rita and Goldar.

8. GraeLeigh says:

I have been eager to see more since the first teaser but now April 5th (date of release here in France) can’t arrive fast enough. Gonna be fun 🤗

9. lastfrontier84 says:

This looks pretty badass. It’s definitely GO GO time! MMPR ran for 3 seasons, but the franchise is still going strong. Season 24 Power Rangers NinjaSteel premieres Saturday morning on Nickelodeon.

10. Lysh says:

I recently discovered that Rita Repulsa was dubbed like REALLY poorly and I don’t know how I didn’t notice that as a kid. She looks pretty awesome in this movie though. I’m pretty pumped.