Peoples Choice Awards 2017 Best Moments Photos

People's Choice 2017: The Best, Worst and Dwayne Johnson-iest Moments

Ah, the People’s Choice Awards, aka “the one night a year where Hollywood reacts positively to what the rest of the country thinks,” as this year’s host, Joel McHale, noted at the top of Wednesday’s broadcast.

The annual awards ceremony, airing on CBS and hosted by The Great Indoors star, asks fans to vote for their favorite TV shows, movies and musicians. The winners take home a shiny, crystal trophy. The losers… somehow never seem to show up for the evening. Funny how that always works out, eh?

The two-hour event had its moments — more than a couple of them, oddly enough, involving Ballers star Dwayne Johnson — and we made sure to collect the best, worst and weirdest in this handy gallery. From Community cameos to a Spice Girls shoutout to the suspicion that Fuller House‘s John Stamos as a Westworld host, we grabbed ’em all.

Click on the photo gallery above — or click here to go there directly — and then hit the comments: What did you think of this year’s People’s Choice Awards?

1. Haz says:

I will say Kaitlin Olsen is right about John Stamos, the man seriously has not aged.

2. andy says:

great outdoors? as in the british show?

3. Dale Floyd says:

Just watched History channel show called 6. It is vile and a insult to all special forces. Walton coggin should be ashamed for taking this role and the Weinsteins should be boycotted for this piece of fake history. I hope you all made money because you are all morally bankrupt.

4. CM says:

#12 ummm.. because it’s nice to acknowledge all the winners and let them get on TV for at least 5 seconds? What’s the problem with it?

• Hannah says:

No I think they’re asking why we *only* see them for 5 seconds. Best TV Comedy seems like a category you would see onscreen. And there are other ways to cut time. It does seem a little silly that they spend 5 minutes broadcasting some categories and 5 seconds with others.

• CM says:

Oh, well I took the word “shoehorn” to mean they felt it was unnecessary to have them there at all.
        If they didn’t mean that, I totally agree, lol.

• Alichat says:

And not broadcasting some at all. We could have done with out all the McHale schtick and Jennifer Lopez’s looooonnnnngggg speech (plus her acting startled that she won) and used that time to announce all the winners on air…..even if the winners couldn’t be there.

• 1mars says:

I agree, I sat thru that whole mess to see the 4 categories my fav show was in and they were not even announced on air AND THEY WON ALL FOUR CATEGORIES. Crap production.

5. liame says:

I’m having a hard time accepting some of those winners. I think some hacking was definitely involved. Blake Lively? SJP?

• Mary says:

I turned it off when Jlo won, sorry that girl cannot act but I guess she does have a following that would vote their fingers off.

6. Leia says:

Only the winners show because they are told in advance.

7. Collette says:

I’m mystified that anyone finds Kevin Hart entertaining.

8. July Lark says:

Worst production ever, half the winners were not even announced on air, either extend the awards show or cut the categories, insult to the fans who voted for them. CBS stinks.

9. Lynn says:

People’s choice? More like publicists choice and how many people then can get to robo call for them to vote to get publicity for clients that need it. I mean I have nothing against Blake Lively but come on! Best actress? For a movie about a shark no less?? Matt Leblanc? Again I have nothing against him but come on.