Major Crimes Renewed Season 6

Major Crimes Renewed for Season 6

TNT’s Major Crimes has been renewed for a 13-episode Season 6, the cabler announced on Wednesday.

If the abbreviated order has you feeling a bit of deja vu, it’s because the procedural started Season 5 with the same, skimpy episode count, before eventually getting upsized to 21 total episodes.

Season-to-date, Major Crimes is averaging 3.7 million weekly viewers and a .45 demo rating, on par with its previous cycle (which aired a record 23 episodes).

Mary McDonnell, G.W. Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Phillip P. Keene, Kearran Giovanni, Jonathan Del Arco and Graham Patrick Martin are all set to return for Season 6.

Season 5’s eight remaining episodes are set to begin airing Feb. 22, now airing Wednesdays at 9/8c.

Want scoop on Major Crimes, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Eran says:

First Will and Grace and now this?! TV Gods, drinks are on me! :))))

2. JScout says:

Good news. Thank you, TNT. And TVLine for info.

3. quinquin says:

That news made my day!

4. Kathy H. says:

This is the best news I have heard this week! I love this show!

5. mike says:

Best show on TV. Thank you TNT.

6. Andrew Hass says:

I’m happy that Major Crimes has been renewed.Plus it makes sense that TNT would announce the renewal before season 5’s remaining episodes air.That way the show’s fans won’t have to worry.

7. Yoko says:

I love this show. Great stories and actors. TNT cancels this I”m done with them

8. kathy finnegan says:

This show is by far the best on TV. I’m still upset about the move to Wednesdays…why? I hope season 6 turns into 7, 8, 9……

9. Stacey Wesson says:

I love this show!!! Have been like a crack addict waiting for its return!!!!!

10. skrable2 says:

13 episodes will give them 97 total. C’mon TNT, push them over the 100 mark, so Provenza and Co would be over 200 total for The Closer/Major Crimes

• johnhelvete says:

8 episodes left to air this season, gives the show 92 episodes at the end of season 5. The 13 for season 6 would give the series a total of 105 episodes. The Closer finished with 109 episodes, in some ways it would be fitting for Major Crimes to end before it surpasses the mothership in number of episodes.

11. mary says:

Bout time. Especially with them all returning.

12. KLS says:

I could do without Rusty, but I am glad that the series got renewed.

13. Pat says:

Thank You, TNT! A very, very smart move and I am so happy with this renewal.

14. Millie Gorelik says:

Great news, love the show. I would really miss it if it went off the air. It makes me forget Brenda Lee Johnson.

15. Boiler says:

Yet the same IDIOTS cancelled R&I which performed better. Why does Reilly still have a job???

• Boiler says:

And I do agree Major Crimes should be renewed

• Marc says:

Weren’t their contracts up at R&I? They are usually for six or seven seasons. R&I went seven, so they either were up or they got they ended after six and they got them to renew for the 13-episode seventh at a salary bump that made a full season of 18 or so too costly. I forget all the details, but I don’t blame TNT so much as I chalk it up to the system of six or seven year contracts when shows start. Renewing them much beyond that can be prohibitively expensive. NYPD Blue, ER, NCIS, L&O, SVU. and Gray’s are really the exceptions and they all had cast turnover.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Did the folks that do R&I want more seasons?

16. Columbus says:

Great! I love this show.

17. Sarah D says:

18. JOE S HILL says:

Most worthy of its season renewal! so far “MAJOR CRIMES” has proven to be as successful as its spin-off,”THE CLOSER” (2005-2012) and i hope the Warner Bros.Television series for TNT accomplishes a lengthy run as “THE CLOSER” was able to do! both great shows fully deserving of their longevity!

19. DL says:

I am SOOOOOO glad to have Major Crimes coming back on! It is one of my all time favorite
    show. I love the interaction of all the characters. Love them! Thanks TNT

20. kath says:

That’s great news. It’s one of the smartest shows on TV, and one of the funniest.

21. Dee Ford says:

Smart move. Major Crimes is my favorite show on cable. So glad they renewed it. After all the cancellations of shows I loved, I would miss Major Crimes greatly. In some ways I think it is better than the “mothership”. If TNT ever cancels it, the only thing I will be watching on TNT is reruns of Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles and NCIS.

22. Gloria Lourenco says:

Love it Love It can not wait for the new season

23. Sarah Maestas says:

Love major crimes… I don’t care when their show is.. I’m
    watching it.. :-)

24. Jo DesLaurier says:

So happy to hear Major. Crimes is returning. Looking forward to
    finally having something to watch on Wednesday nights.

25. HenRhee says:

A great show that’s well written, with a diverse cast of an appealing, wide age range. I enjoy the opportunity to grow with the characters, seeing work place & realistic personal issues represented, such as changing health with age, second jobs, & finding companionship in one’s middle age. From reading the comments below, I sadly see I should prepare myself to say ‘goodbye’ to my (MC) friends in S6 or if I’m lucky S7; the business side of entertainment sucks.

Oh! I love the Rusty character’s growing pains – it’s very aspirational while being very realistic of the adolescent/young adult egocentricity. For me, Rusty resonates as a younger version of Provenza’s surly pluck – an an astute opportunity for the creator of the series to shine a light on the need for humanity & empathy for growing, much ignored faction of American society

26. Adela Guzman says:

I am so glad that TNT decided to continue with one of its most popular shows. I love Major Crimes, and it would be such a shame if they cancelled the show. Keep it going for a very long time Please…

27. rangersintokyo says:

That is truly a good news! Love this show!

28. Becks says:

Just watched the finale of Season 5 of MC in the UK and I am elated that there will be a Season 6! Major Crimes is the best cop show on TV! I don’t know how I will stay preoccupied until it’s back on our screens again.

29. Shetiyah says:

So glad to hear it is renewed. One of my favorites . I wish it had more episodes.

30. Paula Coe says:

Wow, that’s along time to wait…. I thought last year they were on in the summer and then back in the Fall?? Not this coming season? *

31. Catherine Routh says:

Major Crimes is very well written, acted, and is one of the few intelligent shows on TV. It is the only one I don’t want to miss. I’m invested in these characters because they are a great escape from reality, while being realistic. C’mon, TNT. leave excellence alone. You are only hearing from about 1% of the people who love this show. Please keep it going.