Exclusive

Shadowhunters Sneak Peek: Alec (Finally) Asks Magnus for a First Date

Shadowhunters fans, prepare yourselves for 90 seconds of pure, unadulterated “Malec.”

TVLine has an exclusive sneak peek of the Freeform drama’s Jan. 23 episode (8/7c), in which Alec and Magnus finally get around to scheduling their long-awaited first date.

“Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there,” Alec tells Magnus in the clip above. “It did make a difference, so… thank you.”

“Thank you for not dying on me,” Magnus replies, attempting — but totally failing — to keep his cool.

What follows is equal parts adorable and awkward. And in true Shadowhunters fashion, there’s an unfortunate surprise at the end. But trust me: “Malec” fans’ patience will not go unrewarded.

Hit PLAY on the video above to see how Alec’s big ask goes, then drop a comment with your hopes for the couple below.

1. Poor mag says:

Jace is Alec’s forever soulmate, not Magnus.
    Poor warlock so crazy drunk inlove so fast for some boy he just met. And the show yet to tell us why

• Emma says:

Magnus doesn’t need to be Alec’s soulmate or vice versa because they both have their own soul mates lol. But they clearly like each other and will have a pretty happy love life, and that’s more than enough.

• Hannah Johnson says:

Have you read the books at all, Emma?

2. These two are simply amazing together, their love story promises to be epic and one of the best on television. They have it all, they’re sweet together, but also sexy and interesting in so many ways, not predictable, their dynamic is so captivating, the chemistry is off the charts!

• Gift says:

You just took the words out of my mouth. They re amazing together. I can’t remember the last time I saw that kind of love nd chemistry on television. They better last.

3. yara says:

I think their storyline is so beautiful. And Alec constantly smiling around him is just evidence of their love and I’m actually internally screaming right now. This is so beautiful. Malec is so beautiful. I’m not okay.

4. Ian says:

Anything that requires Matthew to do all that smiling onscreen is more than fine by me.

5. ninamags says:

Aww, they’re so cute together!!!!

All awkward and shy. This is my favorite storyline by far. Can’t wait till next Monday.

6. Paula says:

Malec is a breathtaking and gorgeous pairing but this show always promises (baits) much more for them than we ever see! Heavily promoted moments via BTS photos, sneak peek clips and press releases. Then, for some reason, those same scenes/moments end up being severely abbreviated or outright deleted leaving a very disappointed fan base. The most infuriating aspect of this season is how the producers/writers are inserting Magnus and Alec into so many storylines featuring other characters in an attempt to bolster the popularity of those other characters and actors. And apparently that is paying off with the majority of the audience. But I am incensed and may just abandon the show altogether because I do not appreciate being ‘played!’

• Gift says:

U re welcome to do so. Come-on admit their scene is the best. I watch these show just see their adorable love. The show is on point, I want more of Malec scene.

7. J.B. says:

Any news on the ratings for S2? I haven’t seen any ratings updates for cable shows on TVLine recently.

8. Alec says:

Best couple on TV right now.

9. Jared says: