Celebrity Apprentice Kyle Richards

Apprentice Cast-Off Kyle Richards 'Just Couldn't' Fire Brooke Burke (But Could See Her Joining The Real Housewives)

Kyle Richards might have cut her teeth on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, but the Bravo personality took a decidedly low-drama approach to her time on The New Celebrity Apprentice — which ultimately resulted in her termination on Monday.

“Contrary to popular belief, I don’t like conflict,” Richards tells TVLine. “Doing Housewives is very stressful for me. I’m a very emotional person, and I just couldn’t bring myself to say ‘Fire her’ or ‘Get rid of her.'”

Richards is speaking, of course, about Brooke Burke-Charvet, whose husband’s refusal to pose as her passenger in a photoshoot for Kawasaki ultimately cost their team the win, according to Arnold Schwarzenegger.

“I’ve known Brooke forever, our kids went to school together,” Richards explains. “I just couldn’t do that. It’s not in my nature. And I don’t think it was a fair choice, honestly.”

But that doesn’t mean Richards is willing to clear her old friend of any blame, admitting that “it probably should have been on her shoulders. Arnold said he believed we would have won if David [Charvet] had been on the back of the bike. But I guess I’ll never know.” (For the record, Richards received “a thousand tweets saying that [her husband] Mauricio would have done it.” They were even watching the episode together, during which he remarked, “Who cares? It’s just a photo.”)

Now for the million-dollar question: Considering the ladies’ history — not to mention the built-in storyline, courtesy of their time on Celebrity Apprentice — is Burke-Charvet destined to join Richards on The Real Housewives?

“You never know,” Richards says. “Her name has come up in the past in discussions about who would be a good addition to the show. But you never know.”

Do you think Burke-Charvet should have been fired in Richards’ place? And could you see her fitting in with the Real HousewivesDrop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. grazelled says:

I don’t watch the Real Housewives but all I could think of when I watched Brooke’s husband be such a wimpy jerk was they’re probably auditioning for the Housewives show so they created some conflict. It’s either that or David Charvet is a very insecure, controlling person.

2. Leesa says:

David should have just listened to Brooke. Goodness , it was just a photo. It would have looked great for David to be on the back of the bike holding his pretty wife. It should have been Brooke who got fired thanks to her whiny husband.

3. I think Brooke would add some class to the show.(RHOBH) Right now the only class acts on the show, are Kyle, Erika and the one married to the tennis player.

4. sillylovesongs says:

Kyle lost because she is a boring person nothing wrong with being boring but when the executives ask for edgy different and creative I knew there was no way she would win……….. The other team mates will go a long with whatever the project manager says and wants so Kyle had no idea she was playing it safe but I’m guessing done of her team mates saw it coming knowing she would be fired……. It wasn’t Brooks fault (her hubby is mean), I felt bad for her to be treated that way especially on camera…….. All woman are and cute sugar and spice and should be treated with caring and compassion but Brooks husband is a real bully….

5. maureen geraghty says:

Put Brooke on real housewives and get rid of lipsa and ilene

6. Cindy says:

In my opinion, Kyle is still living in her sister’s shadow. Kyle was never a true movie “star” and she was always in the shadow. She has been desperate to do whatever she can to be a legit movie star, but honey it ain’t gonna happen. You days were over about 40 years ago. Age gracefully….. we can all see your behind the scenes bs! You will never have the fame Kim had!

• she has been in at least one made for t v movie each year fro maybe 8 years, she does commercials, she does cameos…and she is on the top paying housewives show that has been on air the longest…what you want from her – her sister has been in and out of rehab some times it was a year at a time- for 20 years

7. cindy says:

No, I don’t want Brooke to join RHBH because I don’t want to see her awful husband! I don’t like him, and I don’t like to see a woman treated that way by a man. Plus, Brooke was too passive.

8. Terry says:

Please don’t invite Brooke to join the cast of RHOBH. She has no voice, I’m completely turned off by how she handled the Kawasaki shoot. Kyle was gracious but we all know Brooke should’ve been fired since the clients wanted “edgy” (nothing innovative about a “boy” with a woman holding on. A real man wouldn’t have an issue with riding behind his wife).