Exclusive

Girl Meets World Finale First Look: Riley's Friends Prepare to Say Goodbye

Before the Girl Meets World gang says goodbye during Friday’s series finale (Disney Channel, 6/5c), Cory’s surprising his students with one last “history” test.

While his wife decides whether or not to move their family to London, Cory asks Riley and her friends to recall some of the biggest landmarks in their lives — and to see how they might help to predict what’s still to come.

Take a look at TVLine’s exclusive first look at the emotional episode below:

Girl Meets World Series Finale

(In case you can’t tell by the pained looks on everyone’s faces, they’re all bracing for the worst.)

Of course, Friday’s big send-off — which features the show’s largest reunion of Boy Meets World cast members yet — might not be the last time we see the GMW gang. Series creator Michael Jacobs recently told TVLine that “there are talks underway” for the show to continue on another network or streaming service, but stressed that the conversations are at the “very beginning stages.”

If this does turn out to be Girl Meets World‘s final episode, how do you hope it ends? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Kimberly Mlejnek says:

I hope it ends open ended … So someone with a brain picks it up

• Lindsey says:

My kids are absolutely devistated. This is the only show we watch as a family!!!! Please continue this show somehow somewhere!!!!!

2. Jo says:

I’m really sad to know that disney cancelled the show already. My entire family would sit and watch the show together and had some very meaningful conversations because of it. I hope they are picked up elsewhere and soon.

3. Adrian Donovan says:

Please some one pick up this amazing show!

4. smarty says:

Lucas and Riley really kiss and find a way to stay together.

• Martini says:

Yeah that’s not happening. They have had less interactions since they got together than when they were just friends or in that terrible triangle for way-too-many episodes. They just don’t work as boyfriend and girlfriend, they barely talk now since Ski Lodge (except in the Girl Meets Bear episode).

5. Jason says:

The finale set it up perfectly for a time jump if there was a next season

6. ScottJ says:

I watched the episode yesterday. As series finales go this has to be one of the best I’ve ever seen.

7. Kim Butler says:

I’m a 35yr old women that watched Boy meets world for years. When this show came on I was so excited to see the continuation. Its a excellent show!!! I don’t think they gave us enough time to enjoy it.. I wanna see Riley and Mia finish High School together, and maybe even college… Please keep this show on Air. As a adult I record the episodes cause its very little clean educated shows with value.. Ben Savage is a great actor and through his classroom teachings on the show he has taught me from my couch… Again please keep the show.. You have my ratings

8. datdudemurphy says:

It was a great episode…. it will be a shame if no one picks this up

9. Olive says:

I don’t want to think about it ending! I will continue to live in denial thank you.

10. fran says:

I hope someone with pick up this show. I watch it with my niece n its a great showhow friendship and family are important in life.I am sad to see it end

11. OlgaLilia Aznarez says:

I’m really sad to know that Disney cancelled the show already. My entire family would sit and watch the show together and had some very meaningful conversations because of it. I hope they are picked up elsewhere and soon. I wold like to see where it leaves there friendship, and relationships. moving to a totally different states isn’t easy period. I love to see what comes up with the kids, 10th grade, if the boys get into football, does Maya keep on getting good grades, something challenges them.

12. Theresa says:

They cannot end this show its one of the best ones they have had!!! Has it really been 4 seasons already =(

13. Deborah Faulkner says:

To bad they are dropping this show, it was the only decent show they had on the Disney Channel anymore. Guess I won’t be watching Disney anymore.

14. Jexica says:

THIS SHOW IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!
    Spoiler ahead:

Lucas chooses Maya!!! <3!!! The triangle is done! It's just Lucas+Maya now!!! 0.0 I should make a ship name for them!! But what would it be?! HELP ME!!!!

15. Ley says:

I, of course, have watched plenty of TV shows in my lifetime, but this is one of my favorite shows EVER. It’s one of the only ones I can passionately rant about to my friends and it’s sad to see it ending. I really hope somebody does keep it going.