Ratings: Emerald City Slips in Week 2

NBC’s Emerald City this Friday drew 3.2 million total viewers and a 0.8 demo rating (per finals), slipping 29 and 20 percent from its double-episode debut.

Opening the Peacock’s night, Grimm (4.2 mil/0.8) dipped a tenth from its season opener.

Elsewhere in the merry old land of ratings….

ABC | Last Man Standing (7.2 mil/1.3) and Dr. Ken (4.8 mil/0.9) each slipped two tenths, while Shark Tank (5.9 mil/1.3) dipped a tenth.

CBS | MacGyver (7.6 mil/1.1) and Hawaii Five-0 (9.7 mil/1.2) each dipped a tenth, while Blue Bloods (10.5 mil/1.3) was steady.

FOX | Rosewood (2.9 mil/0.7) ticked up, while Sleepy Hollow (2.1 mil/0.6) held onto last week’s series lows.

THE CW | Vampire Diaries (1 mil/0.4) and Crazy Ex (550K/0.2) were flat.

1. Beth says:

I presume the budget for Emerald is big so I don’t think it will last. Shame really I quite enjoyed it

• Sheila says:

It’s only supposed to be a 10-episode run, right? They probably filmed it already and will show it regardless.

• Amanda says:

It’s only 10 episodes and I think they filmed it about a year ago. I assumed at first it was a miniseries since it’s being considered a limited series and usually that is what that means. I’m currently loving the show and hopefully the finale will work either way in case it does just end up being a miniseries.

• I don’t think the network ever had much faith in it since it’s a mid-season Friday replacement. The drop in ratings is no surprise. Had it actually managed to do well it would likely have been given a second season but it should at least finish out it’s current airing.

• B says:

Except – almost *everything* drops in its second week… This isn’t an unusual thing at all (no matter how many times they make it a headline as if something outrageous has happened), and “only” dropping 27 and 20 percent doesn’t sound that bad.

• Ray says:

This weeks episode was kinda boring compared to the premiere. Was a little shocked by the last scene though.

2. kmw says:

FOX will take that for both shows, surprised Rosewood ticked up but probably still too late for that show. Blue Bloods sure is a steady rock for CBS.

3. Trish Newman Hughes says:

Wish more people would give the “new” Sleepy Hollow a chance. My family and I are really enjoying it!

4. Kevin says:

Masi Oka will be missed on Hawaii Five-O. Wonder what’s next for McGarrett and his crew heading towards the rest of the season.

5. KLS says:

How many times have we seen that: Blue Bloods was steady? It will remain as long as Tom S. does.

6. Temperance says:

I actually liked Emerald City better after the second episode. The shape of the story came together even better, and it got a bit more interesting.

7. kirads09 says:

I would think a drop in ratings might be normal in Emerald City’s case. I mean a long anticipated epic show, big two hour premier, the following week it is bound to drop from that. It seems to be pretty popular with the public so not worried at this point at all.

8. PatriciaLee says:

Rosewood has been taking some amazing turns. I can’t believe how good the show is turning out. It keeps getting better and better. Here’s hoping there is a fan in high places.

9. I really like EC. Its just that it seems too expensive. I hope it makes it! Less Dorothy and more West!

10. Yay says:

Sleepy Hollow pulled a “cousin Oliver” and thought that might cure their writing and storyline problems. Doesn’t seem to be the case.

11. Lonnie says:

I cannot believe the Wizard revealed his real name to be Frank Morgan the actor who played the original wizard in the 1939 movie classic.