"Touch and Go" -- James and Zoe work to help a teenage girl (Jessica Garza) with a rare skin blistering disorder, employing radical treatments to heal her skin in time for her to attend her school prom. Also, as Louis Keating's GSS condition gets worse, James is tempted to use his experimental cure to save him.  And, Malik is jealous over the special connection between James and Zoe, while Zoe awkwardly meets James' new crush, Nina (Alexis Krause), on PURE GENIUS, Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pictured L-R: Brenda Song as Angie Cheng, Odette Annable as Dr. Zoe Brockett, and Augustus Prew as James Bell Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2016 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Ratings: Big Bang Rerun Leads Night; Pure Genius, Good Place Tick Up

CBS’ Big Bang Theory rerun dominated Thursday with 10.2 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating.

Leading out of that repeat, however, The Great Indoors (7.3 mil/1.4) and Mom (7.3 mil/1.3) each dropped about 25 percent in the demo from last week’s strong numbers, while Life in Pieces (5.9 mil/1.2) slipped 14 percent. Pure Genius (5.9 mil/0.9) ticked up a tenth from its series low.

Over on NBC, Superstore (4.3 mil/1.2) and Chicago Med (6.8 mil/1.2) were steady, Blacklist (5.3 mil/1.0) held onto last week’s series lows and The Good Place (3.6 mil/1.1) ticked up.

ABC’s Great American Baking Show finale (5.1 mil/1.0) ticked up to its best audience ever while flat in the demo. The National Museum of African American History and Culture special did 5.3 mil/1.0.

Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen (3.9 mil/1.2) was steady; the My Kitchen Rules premiere retained 2.6 mil/0.9.

1. kate says:

I love the Good Place, but one thing I hope that NBC decides to do next year with it, Michael Schur doesn’t want to do more than 13 episodes, fine. Superstore has the advantage of being a big ensemble show, so there is likely enough story to mine for a full 22 episode season, I mean especially when the actual ‘main’ characters get like either throwaway lines of their bigger stories (Amy’s impending divorce and whether she is taking classes still) or like one reference a half season (like last night, what is Jonah’s plan?). But my suggestion is, assuming Powerless’ success, or whatever other half hour, run the half season show in one half of the season and then pick up the other after the new year. I feel like the Good Place, given its serialized, didn’t super want to break their story for three weeks where it did

• LaDonna Carpenter says:

Wait, so are you saying that, without a big cast, you can’t carry through enough story line for a full season? Tell that to the casts of Will and Grace, Friends, Full House, Family Matters, All in the Family….I could go on. I think the biggest problem is that sit-com writers at NBC just have no clue anymore. Heck, look at Big Bang Theory. I watch Superstore, but I don’t think it’s even in the same league as Big Bang, and that’s one of my complaints about it…too many characters.

2. Kevin says:

Last night’s Blacklist episode was intense. Can’t wait for next week’s episode with guest star Jill Hennessy (who misses Crossing Jordan?).

• ew says:

I don’t think anyone does.

• Hurley says:

I do miss Crossing Jordan!

• Steven says:

Don’t listen to ‘ew’. I miss Crossing Jordan. So underrated!

• kirads09 says:

I was underwhelmed and disappointed by “The Forecaster”. First, Dembe is right to be worried – Red seems just nothing but cold blooded killer to me right now. There was nothing redeemable about how he manipulated that situation about the mine deal and new cleaners. Granted the guys he shot were blood diamond douche bags but geez. I think without Kaplan he’s lost what little moral compass he ever had. Wasn’t the original premise that Liz was supposed to be an ace profiler? Why does she seem so clueless in that respect at times? You’d think they’d make more of her alleged “expertise” and not just her tie in to Reddington. Re the first diorama. There seemed to be no compunction whatsoever from anyone on team post office about NOT saving that judge??? Tom was adorable with the baby. The little girl was good – I felt so badly for her though. I can’t wait for the spinoff as I am growing more and more weary of Red’s schtick. I am looking forward to Jill Hennessy – always loved her on Law and Order.

3. Gerri says:

I So Love The Good Place. I truly hope it gets a 2nd season. It is so good. It is disappointing the ratings are so low. I hope they pick-up with +3 +7 viewing.

• Dizzle says:

It’s ratings are not far off Superstore’s, and it’s getting great reviews. I can’t imagine NBC letting it go just yet

4. GraceM says:

I was not happy to find a repeat of Big Bang after only one new episode. Why do networks do that?

5. Iakovos says:

Sad to see a BIG BANG rerun is most-watched show as we begin a stretch of what should be original programming. I am hoping ABC’s BAKING is picked up… and treated better in its scheduling. Consistency is what makes committed audiences. The on-and-off with new episodes and oft-interrupted runs of fresh programming do the nets no favors.

6. Rylie says:

I really like Pure Genius. How many more eps are there?

• Kevin says:

Only two episodes left before it should get cancelled soon but it’s a “dead show walking”.

• A y says:

Pure genius is a good show if they give it a chance.better then reality trash. A show for thought?!! Give it a chance.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

Why do people keep bagging on reality shows? There are less reality shows on now than there has been in years. There are only 9 hours of reality shows on this season. Last season there was 12 hours and in 2014 there was 14 hours. A few years back there was 21 hours of reality shows. So don’t blame reality shows if a scripted show flops and is cancelled.

• linds says:

I love this show, and am sorry it isn’t doing well. I find the medical technology and daring so inspiring, I’ve always loved Dermot Mulroney, and my oldest son (who just got married today!) is a lot like James Bell – brilliant and well-liked, but often appearing to ride on a slightly different train track than the rest of the world, lol. He’s definitely “on the spectrum,” but he seems to sprinkle fairy dust wherever he goes – possibly because he is always so kind – to every single person he meets.

My other son likes the show as well, but thinks it would be a better fit on a different network. I’d love it if someone picked it up.

7. jr says:

What about USA season debut of Colony? Seems to be a prequel. Instead of starting where season one ended, season verrrrrry slowly and boringly starts way before the aliens came in season one. IMO last nights episode probably lost a lot of potential viewers. The first 35 were so slow.

• jr says:

i.e. 35 minutes

• tvloverSA says:

The pilot episode was like that too if you remember didn’t really make any sense but as the season picked up it became so good the show that is……I am hoping it’s the same for season 2, but I guess what other shows especially network shows do with the 1st episode of each season is go big and relax or give a lot filler episodes throughout the season.

8. Penny says:

I love Pure Genius. I hate that people didn’t tune into it. And while it’s essentially cancelled, I really hope CBS gives it another shot with a second season.

• Rex the Wonder Dog says:

I can’t believe CBS would cancel Limitless and bring back Pure Genius.

• I like Pure Genius and would like to see it renewed. I like their message of hope and that they showcase upcoming technologies. I don’t think they helped themselves by playing episodes out of sequence. It was hard for me to imagine James Bell and a tech. billionaire but he grew on we.

9. Maribeth says:

Pure genius is a wonderful series. Different..intelligent..like House but better. Wishe they would keep it going. Finally found a series that has potential