Fatal Attraction Reboot Cancelled

Fatal Attraction Reboot Cancelled

Here’s some good news for bunnies everywhere: Fox is not moving forward with a small-screen adaptation of Fatal Attraction, TVLine has learned.

Reports of the 1987 thriller — about a Manhattan attorney (played by Michael Douglas) and his lunatic mistress (Glenn Close) — being rebooted as a limited-event TV series first surfaced in July 2015. Mad Men‘s Maria and Andre Jacquemetton were expected to write and executive-produce.

Rumor has it casting issues played into the project’s demise, as producers had a tough time finding an A-list actress interested in filling Close’s sizable shoes.

Were you looking forward to seeing Fox’s take on Fatal AttractionDrop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Brian says:

Thank god..

2. Susan says:

LEAVE IT ALONE. IT WAS GREAT. IT WOULD NEVER WORK OUT AS A TV SERIES. I’M GLAD IT DIED ON THE VINE. THERE HAS GOT TO BE IMAGINATION SOMEWHERE INSTEAD OF DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY TRIED TO MAKE A SERIES FROM A MOVIE AND IT FAILED MISERABLY.

3. Sally McLinn says:

Didn’t know about it. They can just re-reun the original.

4. Iris says:

To be honest, I’m more worried that at one point, some network might greenlight a “Bunny Boilers” reality show.

5. Gary b says:

Could care less.

6. Temperance says:

Good the original was bad, and still bad despite being done by good pepole and good actors, so any reboot was doomed to be inferior. And ‘really bad’ is not where you want you best case scenario to be.

7. PatriciaLee says:

Good. More blue sky shows gets my vote.

8. Sadie says:

I was hoping for a TV seies or a Fatal Attraction 2 Feature film based on true events. I went years never watching TV or Movies until my son became an actor and writer. I was maried only once to a malignant narcissist for 30+ Years and he was having a long term
    affair with a sex therapist that looked very much like Glen Close! My life with my former husband and his sex therapist was creepy! I was looking forward to seeing a realistic Fatal Attraction on screen again; one I and other women
    can relate too again! Either way Fatal Attraction was a great movie!