Blindspot Ratings Cancelled Renewed

Ratings: Blindspot, Lethal Weapon Each Dip to Match Series Lows

On a Wednesday when everything was either flat or down, NBC’s Blindspot drew 5 million total viewers and a 1.0 rating (per finals), dipping a tenth in the demo to match its series low (set on Nov. 9).

Leading out of that, SVU (6.1 mil/1.4) also ticked down, while Chicago PD (6.6 mil/1.5) was steady.

Over on Fox, Lethal Weapon (6.5 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth to match its season low, while Star (4.3 mil/1.4) slipped two tenths.

Elsewhere in the land of ratings….

CBS | Undercover Boss (6.1 mil/1.1) and Code Black (6.3 mil/0.9) each dipped a tenth, while Criminal Minds (7.5 mil/1.4) was steady.

ABC | Modern Family (7.6 mil/2.3) dipped a tenth, Match Game (4.2 mil/1.1) slipped two tenths and everything else was steady (details to come later).

THE CW | Frequency (740K/0.2) added a handful of eyeballs while flat in the demo.

1. tvfan says:

Blackish ratings? What a great (serious) episode.

2. wrstlgirl says:

That was an amazing episode of Code Black last night. Very touching.

3. ToyCannon says:

The only way to save Blindspot now would be to move the setting to the windy city and call it Chicago F.B.I.

• sweetrupturedlight says:

LMFAO. Unfortunately the first half of this season lost this show so many viewers I don’t think it can recover. Martin Gero is quoting that “Jeller” is back from every platform he can. But me thinks it might be too late. Which sucks. I loved this show in its first season. But S2 was a disappointment.

4. Gerald says:

Frequency was so good last night. Another shift in the timeline. They handle it so well. Best “Time Travel” show on TV that unfortunately only a few people are watching.

• wrstlgirl says:

I started watching it because I love Riley Smith but I got really bored. I was disappointed because I thought it started out great.

• Nan says:

I agree so completely. It’s a very well done show and we are just glued to the set when it’s on. Mabe they should put it on a different channel?

5. Audrey says:

It breaks my TV heart to see those Blindspot numbers.

• Louise says:

Two things are happening with Blindspot. It’s on against Lethal Weapon Strike One and the people in creative control get so fixated on crap like the ‘family’ Jane came fromn that they forget that we all are interested in the solving of the tattoos. That’s what got me interested in the first place. Get back to the tattoos and stop all the secret ‘brother and sister and Mother’ stuff. Boring.

• Audrey says:

I like the cases, but I’m invested in the characters. I appreciate them trying to establish background for Jane but the plot isn’t moving as fast as in season one. Right now, I only care about Jane, Roman, and Patterson (but they need to stop making her the one to solve everyone’s problems) to keep me watching.

• Louise says:

I agree, it was the tattoos that got me to watch in the first place. If they go back to that it would be great. Having said that I think it’s too late. Blindspot can’t win against Lethal Weapon.

6. Edna says:

Blindspot was so great for Season 1. The writing is off though every once in awhile, it does click successfully. I think the actors themselves don’t know where the story is going. This was basically a great adventure/mystery story. They need to find that thread again.

7. Boiler says:

Can whoever the head of programming at NBC please admit they blew it cancelling Mysteries of Laura and try to get it back?? This likely was the dumbest cancellation except maybe not renewing Castle, with full cast, although the rest of ABC shows nosediving too

8. HAP says:

for those folks who are comparing season 1 to season 2, and the writing being off, it was the EP who stated that they would “tone-down the show for its 8pm time slot.

• M3rc_Nate says:

Really? I have noticed it has been toned down and that is hurting it IMO. However other issues beyond tone are at stake. The show is really typical network TV representation of FBI and what not and that is boring. The new actress on the cast has very little screen presence and no chemistry with the lead. “Jane” is just meh lately, still pouting and complaining and the show seems barely about her tattoos anymore. Where exploding basketballs supposed to be scary? Lol. What is the arc/mystery of this season? I don’t feel any pull to continue to watch.

• wrstlgirl says:

The Jane character is the reason why I finally quit watching. I got very tired of the moping and whining. It just wasn’t fun anymore.

• Audrey says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if NBC is a factor in killing this show. It’s a death timespot to begin with and to tweak the show to be suitable for 8pm is just icing on the cake. I mean, the writers basically wrote themselves into this mess, but it’s not helping them to have to try to accommodate NBC’s demands.

Ugh, they need to kill off this Weller-Jane-Nas-Allie/baby story because that type of thing belongs in daytime soap.

9. Lynn says:

Blind spot reminds me of the Blacklist. Great first season and then downhill from there. Somehow Blacklist got to season four before ratings really started going down this season. I don’t know why some shows go so far away from what made them successful and change the premise of the show.

• ew says:

Actually, they started going down a while back. At least last year.

• Jim says:

Because how much story could the premise of either show sustain? I knew better than to start watching either because of that, knowing they would have to either stretch things out endlessly, reset the status quo over and over, or drastically morph into something else to keep going. Not every idea has the legs to sustain years of storytelling, let alone at 22 episodes per year.

10. RAH says:

Blindspot was promising the first season but the acting has gotten worst especially from the leads as the show has progressed. I also don’t like the addition of the Nas character and I think her relationship with Weller is awful and came out of nowhere plus Weller cannot be romantically linked to every woman on the show. I am not surprised the ratings are low, I typically only watch on my DVR.

11. chadcronin says:

We’ll my mom and I watched Lethal Weapon last night so they can keep it around for years to come

12. westwingwolf says:

Is Lethal Weapon doing better without Empire than Rosewood did last season without Empire or is it about the same?

13. Blindspot numbers are dropping due to lack of Jeller which is very stupid if you ask me or anyone else that watches the show for everything other than that unnecessary relationship. Sad to see the show going downhill because people want Jane with a man that can’t keep it in his pants.

• Ian says:

THIS. As soon as he decided to sleep with Nas ON TOP of Allie being pregnant, that was it for Jeller. They lucked into something special with Luke Mitchell’s addition, but ultimately it won’t matter. The show is going to be canceled.

14. Susan says:

Leathal Weapon sUchida a great show!!! Please don’t stop it!!!!

15. PatriciaLee says:

Lethal Weapon = amazing show! Don’t miss it folks, and let’s get those numbers up.

16. Louise says:

If they leave Blindspot on against Lethal Weapon Blindspot will lose.

17. Sandy Moschetti Young says:

Why is the music so loud on Blindspot?????I can’t hear what they are saying. Turn it down please.