The 100 Crew Faces Bloody Apocalypse in Extended Season 4 Trailer

The 100 is attempting to out-dark itself in Season 4, and from the looks of the CW drama’s newest trailer, it’s succeeding.

This extended preview of the new season, released Wednesday, paints a gloomy picture of Clark & Co.’s future, with the former Wanheda actually asking, “How do we tell these people that the world is ending after everything they’ve been through?”

Executive producer Jason Rothenberg recently teased to TVLine that the impending death sentence “creates very different reactions in people,” and that Clarke will face considerable resentment from her people for pulling them out of ALIE’s delusional paradise — only to find themselves in a literal apocalypse.

Of course, the trailer isn’t a total downer; once all the throat-slitting and nuclear explosions calm down, there’s a pretty fun Jasper/Monty moment to enjoy. (And at this point, I’ll take what I can get.)

The 100 returns Wednesday, Feb. 1. Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your hopes below.

1. MeJ says:

I feel like that K. Flay song should have worked so much better than it did. Maybe it’s more Arrow.

2. Nathan Everett says:

Yes!!!!! Can’t wait.

3. Jason says:

Well, they kind of have to find a way through this unless they plan to end the show right here in season 4. Which, if they did end it with everyone dying of radiation poisoning or living in a hole in the ground, it would make it the most depressing series finale of all time.

• Rylie says:

I mean it would be in theme with the show. It’s pretty bleak on actual hope.

• Alex says:

Well unless they have more magical way out medicine or something, if it continues on to season 5, it will be totally unrealistic for Clarke’s face to not be destroyed after being exposed to radiation. A magical recovery would not make sense.

4. Rachel says:

I still enjoy The 100 so I’m looking forward to it airing. I really hope that the fact it’s only 13 episodes now is just as a coincidence. Have to admit though, most of my fave characters are dead which makes it harder. They say some parts of season 4 will be darker than season 3 but so long as Clarke and perhaps Abby are spared because I like her, I quite frankly couldn’t care less who they kill off anymore.

5. Wordsmith says:

Looking forward to the return of Fun Jasper. He was such a downer for all of last season.

6. Thank God it’s still dark! I was so worried that all the fans complaining last year would mean that they tone down the darkness and death. I was scared that we were going to get a really sugar-coated, watered down version of the show. I’m glad they’ve kept their integrity and are continuing to make the bloody, death-filled show it’s always been.

7. Damon D says:

I am very excited for the new season. I have hated the long wait between season 3 and 4. Season 3 was the best so far. Hoping it goes on for a couple more seasons cuz it’s my second favorite show on the CW. Great actors who are all very easy on the eyes 😁

• Jess says:

Hmm judging from your name, I would guess that TVD is your number 1. The 100 is actually my number 1 ever, better than TWD and GOT for me, I just love it!! I have to admit though, season 3 was horrible for me because a) Lexa was killed and she is my fave ever!! (and looked like someone from a video game) and b) it went too much into the land of make believe with all that AI stuff. Season 2 was the best. Looking forward to season 4 but don’t think it will ever quite be the same again.